FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Renouf Atoni
Re: Renouf Atoni : Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:45 am  
An excellent signing and just what we needed.
I happy with the pack now, particularly as young Eseh is on the verge of stepping up and he looks good!
Re: Renouf Atoni : Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:49 am  
TimmySmith wrote:
I don't think you'll have meant it to come across that way but your comment reads very arrogantly.

How did you come to the conclusion that he didn't miss the remaining available games through injury?


I didn't mean it arrogantly as I'm no expert on NSW Cup but I was aiming at the media and FB comments rather than someone specific on here.

But if you Google his injuries you find he was out for 6 weeks with an ACL strain and nothing else.
If you search North Stdney Bears NSW Cup team it says he played 114 games for them, not just the 43 he played for Cantebury.
I'm OK getting the 5th best prop at Roosters.
Re: Renouf Atoni : Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:08 am  
TimmySmith wrote:
I don't think you'll have meant it to come across that way but your comment reads very arrogantly.

How did you come to the conclusion that he didn't miss the remaining available games through injury?


He did miss them through injury and that is unfortunate. But it simply want injury hit in anyones language.

Also the injury want serious or chronic in any way.. in other words he’s no more a risk than any other player. He. Oils get a bad injury this season but it won’t be as a result of last season imo.
Re: Renouf Atoni : Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:10 am  
1315trinity wrote:
An excellent signing and just what we needed.
I happy with the pack now, particularly as young Eseh is on the verge of stepping up and he looks good!


You know the player I’m looking forward to seeing more of this year is Butler. He’s possibly the biggest of our props and from what I’ve seen he can play.

We coach and a good off season, he may well turn out to be the surprise package
Re: Renouf Atoni : Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:25 am  
vastman wrote:
You know the player I’m looking forward to seeing more of this year is Butler. He’s possibly the biggest of our props and from what I’ve seen he can play.

We coach and a good off season, he may well turn out to be the surprise package


I was thinking the same about Bowden. I think he and Butler will be really good for us.
Add Whitbread and we could have a really strong front row.
Re: Renouf Atoni : Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:26 am  
Dannyboywt1 wrote:
Royce Hunt said "I'm coming too" on that post!!

That would be nice!! :BOW:
Re: Renouf Atoni : Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:19 am  
Good news and hopefully another good signing.
Finally, there seems to be a bit of "feel good" factor around the club and long may it continue !

We have a tough start to the season but, cant wait :thumb:
Re: Renouf Atoni : Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:09 am  
PopTart wrote:
I was thinking the same about Bowden. I think he and Butler will be really good for us.
Add Whitbread and we could have a really strong front row.


A lot of fans are forgetting that we made three big signing for this season, last season, as we did last year.

All retired players have been replaced, it's a fact some just won't accept.

Bowden/Butler for Arona

Atoni for Fifita

Taufua for Bill

Smith for Miller

People keep saying that we are weaker and older but neither is true, Bowden, Butler and Atoni and smith are all younger than the players they replace. As for Eseh, well its just the start, but playing for Fev and winning the YPOY award, he's clearly ready for a fair few starts this season.

However the most staggering thing is that by a piece of great fortune we have somehow managed to replace the irreplaceable in Murphy for Johnstone. How good is that but you would never know it reading the doom mongers on here - tragic really that you can’t see a massive piece of good fortune staring you in the face!

Yet the same suspects on here persist with the same glass half empty propaganda. We just seem to revel in negativity.
Re: Renouf Atoni : Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:54 am  
vastman wrote:
A lot of fans are forgetting that we made three big signing for this season, last season, as we did last year.

All retired players have been replaced, it's a fact some just won't accept.

Bowden/Butler for Arona

Atoni for Fifita

Taufua for Bill

Smith for Miller

People keep saying that we are weaker and older but neither is true, Bowden, Butler and Atoni and smith are all younger than the players they replace. As for Eseh, well its just the start, but playing for Fev and winning the YPOY award, he's clearly ready for a fair few starts this season.

However the most staggering thing is that by a piece of great fortune we have somehow managed to replace the irreplaceable in Murphy for Johnstone. How good is that but you would never know it reading the doom mongers on here - tragic really that you can’t see a massive piece of good fortune staring you in the face!

Yet the same suspects on here persist with the same glass half empty propaganda. We just seem to revel in negativity.


But yet you are the same every off season aren't you?! You are never off here extolling the virtues of new players who haven't even taken to the field yet!! Yet when we are a few games in you are the first to dive in there and slag off the coaches and players. You need to re-read some of your posts from last season, even though it will take you months, before you start having a go at people on here. You said Tom Johnstone getting injured was a disaster for the team, it wasn't. Butler did nothing and was signed in May, he has loads to prove. Bowden did ok. I HOPE Atoni, Proctor etc prove to be good signings, but none of us know how they will do, clearly, but it doesn't stop all the clairvoyants on here knowing they will be good signings! You can't seem to post without having a go at fellow posters, you are like a broken record mate, and when we get to April/May and things MIGHT not be going so well, let's see what you put on here then...... :DOH:
Re: Renouf Atoni : Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:31 am  
Wildcatnomore wrote:
But yet you are the same every off season aren't you?! You are never off here extolling the virtues of new players who haven't even taken to the field yet!! Yet when we are a few games in you are the first to dive in there and slag off the coaches and players. You need to re-read some of your posts from last season, even though it will take you months, before you start having a go at people on here. You said Tom Johnstone getting injured was a disaster for the team, it wasn't. Butler did nothing and was signed in May, he has loads to prove. Bowden did ok. I HOPE Atoni, Proctor etc prove to be good signings, but none of us know how they will do, clearly, but it doesn't stop all the clairvoyants on here knowing they will be good signings! You can't seem to post without having a go at fellow posters, you are like a broken record mate, and when we get to April/May and things MIGHT not be going so well, let's see what you put on here then...... :DOH:


Do I really :roll:

So for a start, I never ever said TJ getting injured was a disaster, injuries happen, I said losing him would be. I was the first on here, YES THE VERY FIRST!!! to extol how good Murphy was, but I had no idea he'd be ready to instantly replace TJ, did you, no you didn't. At least try and be factual.

Yes I did criticise Poching, clearly I wasn't alone in my feelings or he'd still be coach wouldn't he :IDEA:

As for the rest of what you write makes no sense to me.

It's a new season, at the point I criticised some players last year and I was right to do so, and I stand by every word, we were awful, bit its a new coach and a new season? All players have to prove themselves this season as in every season, not just Butler and Bowden, that's how it works.

You're right when you say you'd need clairvoyant to know if the new signings are any good, so why does it not work both ways then. Clearly you can't know if they won't be yet it doesn't seem to stop you and others finding imaginary issues. So why don't you just get behind them and make a judgement later in the season.

Yes I am having a go at certain poster, I always will, so what! You are having a go at me, I don't mind, I'm not having a strop, you're well within your right, I'm just answering you point by point.

You and others seem to want a guarantee that all will work out, well you can't have one, that's the beauty of sport, much of it is unpredictable, and that includes signings. Sport is about faith at the start of a season, it's about cold reality half way through. We are not there yet so why wallow in what might be, go on, dream of what could be, you might like it.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dave K., PopTart, wakeytrin and 112 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity