RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Sam Lisone
Re: Sam Lisone : Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:03 pm  
Prince Buster wrote:
The modern game is three middles as you know so LF will also be covered by one of thosenamed. I think its second row where we are a bit light.
Tanginoa
Ashurst
Pitts ( who I think is sort of semi retiring in doing a coaching/emergency player role)

Pitts is definitely not retiring although he is now part of the coaching team.

Possibly need another SR I agree.

Have to say Windrow looks very impressive to me in the Reserve final he’s a big strong aggressive player.
Re: Sam Lisone : Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:03 pm  
Prince Buster wrote:
The modern game is three middles as you know so LF will also be covered by one of thosenamed. I think its second row where we are a bit light.
Tanginoa
Ashurst
Pitts ( who I think is sort of semi retiring in doing a coaching/emergency player role)

Surely Crowther is a shoe-in for first choice loose? He’d be my choice anyway. If the Elijah Taylor deal is still on then i’d guess he’d be a back row starter somewhere though.
Re: Sam Lisone : Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:11 pm  
Oliver Holmes was a name going round a couple of weeks back.

Always seemed to play well against us, but not really done anything at Warrington.

I used to rate the ginger haired kid at Warrington too, who kicked goals, but seems to have gone off the radar.

Didn't he go to Salford?
Re: Sam Lisone : Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:13 pm  
Prince Buster wrote:
Tanginoa
Ashurst

Taylor I expect will be taking on the 13 position.

For me we need 2 more props.

Lisone is an out and out prop not a “middle”, I think we need 1 other prop, and we can focus on other areas.

Smith looks to be coming in, I’d like to see a centre and another quality half and we are about done.
Re: Sam Lisone : Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:20 pm  
jonh wrote:

Lisone is an out and out prop not a “middle”, I think we need 1 other prop, and we can focus on other areas.

Smith looks to be coming in, I’d like to see a centre and another quality half and we are about done.

Not sure why we need another centre assuming we are keeping Croft.

I thought Croft came of age this season. So for me

Hall
Lyne
Croft

With Gaskell and Tafua as back up. I suppose a loan if needed in an emergency.

Agree about a HB.
Re: Sam Lisone : Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:41 pm  
jonh wrote:

Are you saying that we have signed Taylor?
Re: Sam Lisone : Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:45 pm  
vastman wrote:
Not sure why we need another centre assuming we are keeping Croft.

I thought Croft came of age this season. So for me

Hall
Lyne
Croft

With Gaskell and Tafua as back up. I suppose a loan if needed in an emergency.

Agree about a HB.

Agree on the centre, genuinely think we have 4 SL quality centres in Lyne, Hall, Gaskell and Croft, I think we are better using budget elsewhere.
Re: Sam Lisone : Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:42 pm  
[quote="homme vaste"]Agree on the centre, genuinely think we have 4 SL quality centres in Lyne, Hall, Gaskell and Croft, I think we are better using budget elsewhere.[/quote]

My thoughts too, also think we’ve got a good un in Tafua and while being a winger could cover centre tok

Gaskill and murphys partnership really blossomed towards the end of the year, Although not sure gaskil will start in the centre though with Murphy next season

Think our outside backs are a match for most of our sl oppositions and we’ve also got great cover too

I’d like to see us tie up shaul
Think he made a massive difference to our back line too
Re: Sam Lisone : Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:07 pm  
I hope we stick with Croft in the squad.
Don't want to see Jowitt ousted to accommodate Shaul either.
Re: Sam Lisone : Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:14 pm  
vastman wrote:
If we get this lad at least we won’t have the prop moan.

Lisone
Whitbread
Bowden
Battye
Butler
Ese
Shaw

Maybe one more

Tanginoa in an emergency.

That should do it.

Has Shaw been confirmed as he’s OOC?
PreviousNext