RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New Category A clubs.
Re: New Category A clubs. Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:17 pm  
Re: New Category A clubs.
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:17 pm  

User avatarrugbyreddog wrote:
rugbyreddog User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:54 pm
Posts: 4521
Location: Hornsea
Member for 18 years

djcool wrote:
Are you not gonna get a new £30 M stadium ?

Ooh yes. And when we do we will change our nickname to Flying Pigs. :D :D Can't see us making next season.
Re: New Category A clubs. Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:30 pm  
Re: New Category A clubs.
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:30 pm  

alegend wrote:
alegend Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:32 pm
Posts: 1918
Member for 10 years
What a stich up Did not watch Grand Final because of same old faces .Think TV will only show matches that involves 2 graded A teams playing each other ,so we can say S L will be down to 6 plus teams The other so called S L clubs will be feeder clubs .The Best laugh is for most of the grade A teams it is all down to playing in Football stadiums .It is not for me it is switch T V off time for me
Re: New Category A clubs. Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:45 pm  
Re: New Category A clubs.
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:45 pm  

TrinTrin wrote:
TrinTrin Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm
Posts: 851
Member for 4 years
Agree with the last posting, after a while who would get fed up with only watching A listed SL ties, as viewing figures drop, even sky would not pay millions, where will funds come from for B listed teams to build teams up ? Sky deal has one more season to run ? Why should they pay for continued same fixtures & same Finals ?
In the NRL, teams who near or run over salary cap let go of players usually on the largest wages, but, here is the difference, the bottom
Four clubs get first pick ! This is to ensure an evening up of playing rosters where lower teams can & do perform higher the next seasons.
our top clubs fear this & will never subscribe to this ethos ! - for the good of the game !
I fear our rugby is doomed to 6 or 8 clubs only recognised as viable ! This will be so for many, many years to come.
Re: New Category A clubs. Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:49 pm  
Re: New Category A clubs.
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:49 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 16972
Location: wakefield
Member for 14 years
It'll only be "6 or 8" clubs if no one else picks up their game enough to be in there.

The point is to get clubs up to that standard.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: New Category A clubs. Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:50 pm  
Re: New Category A clubs.
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:50 pm  

User avatarSpookisback wrote:
Spookisback User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:02 am
Posts: 497
Member for 1 year
I just don’t think there’s enough information… for example… who will manage the criteria, it’s evaluation, it’s application etc… there are way too many variables at this stage and I think it foolhardy to have broken cover with such an incomplete concept.

They’ve just rehashed a few old ideas.. given it a three word slogan and presented it as new… IMG have been small on the ‘what’ will be done and almost silent on the ‘how’

A further period of uncertainty and instability is the last thing the game in the UK needs… yet we have a planned three year period of… ??? I’m not even sure what???…Until the idea is fully formed and implemented …

this is probably the most amateur intervention I have seen in my 50 years as a fan… and there have been some doozers!
Re: New Category A clubs. Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:10 pm  
Re: New Category A clubs.
Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:10 pm  

TrinTrin wrote:
TrinTrin Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm
Posts: 851
Member for 4 years
Pop tart, getting to the top grade is the point, but you cannot get there without money = investment, but more important while you try to grow talented players will be picked off as they will want to be a grade A team player, if my son came home & said dad, I have a chance of playing for a grade A team or stay with my home club a B rated side what should I do ? Any father would say go & secure your future !
Therefore, category B clubs WILL be feeder clubs !
Re: New Category A clubs. Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:12 pm  
Re: New Category A clubs.
Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:12 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 16972
Location: wakefield
Member for 14 years
TrinTrin wrote:
Pop tart, getting to the top grade is the point, but you cannot get there without money = investment, but more important while you try to grow talented players will be picked off as they will want to be a grade A team player, if my son came home & said dad, I have a chance of playing for a grade A team or stay with my home club a B rated side what should I do ? Any father would say go & secure your future !
Therefore, category B clubs WILL be feeder clubs !


Why do you think it will be different in future to now? We are not a feeder club and we are not guaranteed SL.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: New Category A clubs. Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:48 am  
Re: New Category A clubs.
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:48 am  

User avatarKettykat wrote:
Kettykat User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 am
Posts: 1525
Member for 5 years
Couldn’t wait for the grand final , kids n grandkids down for a great evenings entertainment , but what we got was a shadow of a classic and felt flat compared to others I’ve watched in recent years . Nothing to do with the same old faces but for me because one of the teams was below par on the evening and brought their B game to the final . when people are constantly sniping about saints or the top 4 , or that’s me done , done look to blame saints but to our own clubs for not driving standards up to try and emulate them ,not knock them .If half the tales and rumours are to believed we’ve done ourselves no favours on the discipline front and that in no big part manifested itself on our table positions bar for a few blips . I say don’t knock the leading clubs but strive to be more like them in their professionalism both off and on the field . Yes it takes big buck to get to the top of the tree ,but by getting new facilities, and a new culture at the club ,we can take small strides to achieve our goal of being a more competitive club ,and one that doesn’t just have the odd giant killing game in a season amongst all the average or below par ones . We are in the entertainment business , let’s entertain both on and off the field . Scores of fans I drop on have fallen by the way side over the years due to various things , but most cite the dour games as one of the main reasons and it’s hard to disagree to some extent . Hopefully with the upgrades to the ground , a new coach at the helm we can breathe some new life into the club , get the first game at a tenner again and get some old and some curious back in , get the team playing open attractive rugby and fingers crossed people will see that we have turned a corner and looking forwards to a brighter future , one which they are happy to be part of .
Re: New Category A clubs. Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:19 am  
Re: New Category A clubs.
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:19 am  

User avatarSpookisback wrote:
Spookisback User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:02 am
Posts: 497
Member for 1 year
Kettykat wrote:
Couldn’t wait for the grand final , kids n grandkids down for a great evenings entertainment , but what we got was a shadow of a classic and felt flat compared to others I’ve watched in recent years . Nothing to do with the same old faces but for me because one of the teams was below par on the evening and brought their B game to the final . when people are constantly sniping about saints or the top 4 , or that’s me done , done look to blame saints but to our own clubs for not driving standards up to try and emulate them ,not knock them .If half the tales and rumours are to believed we’ve done ourselves no favours on the discipline front and that in no big part manifested itself on our table positions bar for a few blips . I say don’t knock the leading clubs but strive to be more like them in their professionalism both off and on the field . Yes it takes big buck to get to the top of the tree ,but by getting new facilities, and a new culture at the club ,we can take small strides to achieve our goal of being a more competitive club ,and one that doesn’t just have the odd giant killing game in a season amongst all the average or below par ones . We are in the entertainment business , let’s entertain both on and off the field . Scores of fans I drop on have fallen by the way side over the years due to various things , but most cite the dour games as one of the main reasons and it’s hard to disagree to some extent . Hopefully with the upgrades to the ground , a new coach at the helm we can breathe some new life into the club , get the first game at a tenner again and get some old and some curious back in , get the team playing open attractive rugby and fingers crossed people will see that we have turned a corner and looking forwards to a brighter future , one which they are happy to be part of .



I kind of get your points but also I don't... I agree that small steps are the way forward... I lived the excitement of the Pearman year when he spent money like it was going out of fashion and the excitement building around seeing the new team play... but honestly they weren't that good and when we realised the "messiah" actually had no money... we were left to suffer at the hands of disappointment and embarrassment.

Glover proved that cheap tickets don't result in permanence... cheapies attract scroungers ... and how do you reconcile a couple of thousand cheap tickets to season ticket holders who have paid in full... further the attendance fees directly reflect the amount the club has to pay players and grow the club. either the game is worth the attendance fee or it isn't... there's no middle ground for me.

Finally I have also thought the team well capable of playing an attractive brand of football, though often the quality of performance of the opposition is not reflected in how much partisan home fans judge the quality of the game.

there's no magic formula and I think IMGs pathetic entry into the debate proves that... hard work and luck are the factors that turn out successful teams
Re: New Category A clubs. Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:51 am  
Re: New Category A clubs.
Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:51 am  

User avatarKettykat wrote:
Kettykat User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 am
Posts: 1525
Member for 5 years
Spookisback wrote:
I kind of get your points but also I don't... I agree that small steps are the way forward... I lived the excitement of the Pearman year when he spent money like it was going out of fashion and the excitement building around seeing the new team play... but honestly they weren't that good and when we realised the "messiah" actually had no money... we were left to suffer at the hands of disappointment and embarrassment.

Glover proved that cheap tickets don't result in permanence... cheapies attract scroungers ... and how do you reconcile a couple of thousand cheap tickets to season ticket holders who have paid in full... further the attendance fees directly reflect the amount the club has to pay players and grow the club. either the game is worth the attendance fee or it isn't... there's no middle ground for me.

Finally I have also thought the team well capable of playing an attractive brand of football, though often the quality of performance of the opposition is not reflected in how much partisan home fans judge the quality of the game.

there's no magic formula and I think IMGs pathetic entry into the debate proves that... hard work and luck are the factors that turn out successful teams

What I was alluding to the tenner was to get in was when we have the new stand up and running , grand opening if you like and get some new faces in and have a look at what we are about ,and hopefully they’ll like what they see as well as a good game of rugby and come back for more . Even I as a die hard fan can’t really say anything really positive about our present stadium , so as a first timer through the gates it must be a massive let down , seen as it’s the only professional club in the city it’s not good by any stretch of the imagination. But hopefully things are slowly coming together ,and whilst not hoping for a saints quality team anytime soon , we could do without those relegation sweats every season to build the fan base back up
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Borderboy, djcool, Dunkirk Spirit, Eastern Wildcat, eric35, jonh, lampyboy, LG83, phe13, poplar cats alive, Prince Buster, sandcat20, Scarlet Pimpernell, TrinityDave, TrinTrin, wakeytrin and 207 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
Rumours and signings v9
jonh
24765
8m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
17648
10m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
34969
15m
Harry Newman
LeedsLurch
4
23m
Shopping List 2023
ComeOnYouUll
3363
46m
Warrington re-sign ex-winger
TrinTrin
17
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
23s
Any more signings
Listenup94
7
31s
interchanges
fez1
5
44s
2023 Squad
Blotto
36
49s
Warrington re-sign ex-winger
TrinTrin
17
1m
Shopping List 2023
ComeOnYouUll
3363
1m
2023 Squad Numbers
Frosties.
11
1m
Matty Russell signed
Smiffy27
67
1m
IMG Recommendations for RL
chapylad
68
1m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
17648
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
34969
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Harry Newman
LeedsLurch
4
TODAY
Wire TV
ninearches
2
TODAY
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
rubber ducki
10
TODAY
Any more signings
Listenup94
7
TODAY
Shirts - Shop
hooligan27
1
TODAY
Riley Dean
Boss Hog
17
TODAY
Warrington re-sign ex-winger
TrinTrin
17
TODAY
Matty Russell signed
Smiffy27
67
TODAY
WCC 2023 TOUR DOWN UNDER
Foti with th
1
TODAY
Hummel
BarnsleyGull
10
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5256
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1354
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2282
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1270
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1335
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1522
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
1933
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
1634
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2292
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2286
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2216
England Top Group A With Big W..
1923
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
1717
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
2853
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2265
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.4Million 1,341 ↓-2579,3049,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 17th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R1
19:30
Wakefield
v
Catalans
 Fri 24th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Wigan
v
Wakefield
 Fri 3rd Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R3
19:45
Wakefield
v
Huddersfield
 Fri 10th Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R4
20:00
Leeds
v
Wakefield
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 16th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Leeds
Fri 17th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Salford
Sat 18th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Hull KR-Wigan
WCC2022
07:00
Penrith-St.Helens
Thu 23rd Feb
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Hull KR
Fri 24th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leeds-Hull FC
Sun 26th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Castleford-St.Helens
Thu 2nd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Salford
Fri 3rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
St.Helens-Leeds
Thu 9th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Wigan-Catalans
Fri 10th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sat 19th Nov
WC2022 6 Australia M30-10Samoa M
WWC2022 5 Australia W54-4New Zealand W
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 0 0 0 0 0
Castleford 0 0 0 0 0
Wakefield 0 0 0 0 0
Leeds 0 0 0 0 0
Hull KR 0 0 0 0 0
Warrington 0 0 0 0 0
 
Salford 0 0 0 0 0
Wigan 0 0 0 0 0
Hull FC 0 0 0 0 0
Catalans 0 0 0 0 0
Huddersfield 0 0 0 0 0
Leigh 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
Rumours and signings v9
jonh
24765
8m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
17648
10m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
34969
15m
Harry Newman
LeedsLurch
4
23m
Shopping List 2023
ComeOnYouUll
3363
46m
Warrington re-sign ex-winger
TrinTrin
17
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
23s
Any more signings
Listenup94
7
31s
interchanges
fez1
5
44s
2023 Squad
Blotto
36
49s
Warrington re-sign ex-winger
TrinTrin
17
1m
Shopping List 2023
ComeOnYouUll
3363
1m
2023 Squad Numbers
Frosties.
11
1m
Matty Russell signed
Smiffy27
67
1m
IMG Recommendations for RL
chapylad
68
1m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
17648
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
34969
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Harry Newman
LeedsLurch
4
TODAY
Wire TV
ninearches
2
TODAY
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
rubber ducki
10
TODAY
Any more signings
Listenup94
7
TODAY
Shirts - Shop
hooligan27
1
TODAY
Riley Dean
Boss Hog
17
TODAY
Warrington re-sign ex-winger
TrinTrin
17
TODAY
Matty Russell signed
Smiffy27
67
TODAY
WCC 2023 TOUR DOWN UNDER
Foti with th
1
TODAY
Hummel
BarnsleyGull
10
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5256
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1354
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2282
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1270
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1335
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1522
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
1933
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
1634
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2292
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2286
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2216
England Top Group A With Big W..
1923
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
1717
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
2853
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2265


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!