24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - IMG
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:56 am  
TheWarringtonWolve69 wrote:
Quite right

They have been held back for far too long by the smaller clubs

There’s only a couple genuine big clubs in Rugby League.
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:33 pm  
Mable_Syrup wrote:
They can only be relegated if they are not in class A. So if Wakey were in class A, we couldn’t be relegated either. So to ensure a strong SL we need all clubs pushing themselves to be class A, which will be good for the game as a whole, including international side of things. I really don’t see it as a negative. We are well on the way to being class A. More numbers through the gates and finish the ground off, will mean more money to spend on better players and higher positions in the league. Very simplified I admit but it’s there for the club to achieve

Be nice to know what makes a grade A team and what doesnt
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:18 pm  
what's the betting that despite their history of financial crises and poor crowds Bradford Bulls will be designated Class A, and despite our stable finances, new pitch and stand, youth and A teams and community work we won't make the cut just because of who we are.
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:20 pm  
Redscat wrote:
what's the betting that despite their history of financial crises and poor crowds Bradford Bulls will be designated Class A, and despite our stable finances, new pitch and stand, youth and A teams and community work we won't make the cut just because of who we are.

These proposals are so vague they could be twisted to fit any agenda they like. Just hope we dont sleep walk into a trap.
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:37 pm  
Prince Buster wrote:
These proposals are so vague they could be twisted to fit any agenda they like. Just hope we dont sleep walk into a trap.

My concerns too.
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:08 pm  
Redscat wrote:

Not a chance of Bulls getting an A.
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:31 pm  
Redscat wrote:

Not a chance, be lucky to get a B.

I agree it’s vague but not that vague.

Only chance is if Odsal gets it Wembley if the north version 252,000.

FWIW I’d say it goes like this

Undisputed A because they own their stadiums.

Leeds
Saints
Warrington

Can’t argue with these imho

Good as but only tenants

Wigan
Hull
Catalan I think
Shudds

Good B

HKR
Trinity
Leigh

Stuffed

Cas (stadium)
Salford (everything, but they do seem to be Teflon)

Outside challengers

Toulouse
Featherstone
Halifax (new owners)
York
London
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:44 pm  
dboy wrote:
Not a chance of Bulls getting an A.

Don't forget their imminent £25,000,000 stadium.
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:18 pm  
Why do A teams need protection from relegation?
If they’re that good surely they’ll never be in the danger zone (and if they are they’re not that good).
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:37 pm  
Kevs Head wrote:
Why do A teams need protection from relegation?
If they’re that good surely they’ll never be in the danger zone (and if they are they’re not that good).

On field performance is only one small part of the criteria, designed to protect so called big clubs, see Warrington this year, London will gain criteria points due to location (no other SL club in the region) new ground with football club. Let’s hope the criteria and weighing are open and transparent as IMG say it will be.
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity