Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - IMG
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:53 pm  
vastman wrote:
Have you seen that contract?

I'm not having a go but it's all in the small print. I'd be hugely surprised if that contact was in any way legally binding. Both parties will have a walk away clause, Ken Davey may be knocking on but he's no fool, he will have protected the SL clubs interests.

You mean some of them Vasty......
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:44 am  
I believe today is when the CEOs of all clubs meet again with IMG. The clubs have now had a couple of weeks to digest the proposals and can discuss their views with IMG. I’m sure most of the clubs will have reservations for acceptance, particularly because there is very little detail around the criteria, weighing, funding across all the clubs etc. I was underwhelmed when I first saw the proposals, and I still feel the same now. I’m sure a number of clubs CEOs feel the same.
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:02 am  
Got to admit can not get my head round some teams can get relegated and some can not .That means that the grade A teams have the power to help decide who goes down .As just in playing weeken teams when they feel like it
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:03 am  
alegend wrote:
Got to admit can not get my head round some teams can get relegated and some can not .That means that the grade A teams have the power to help decide who goes down .As just in playing weeken teams when they feel like it

You're not alone, it's all very vague IMO.
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:47 am  
vastman wrote:
You're not alone, it's all very vague IMO.

I'd have said sh*t and a waste of time - but that might be me being harsh.
One thing is for sure - whichever way you look at it - the "bigger" clubs will only get bigger.
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:54 am  
It's bloody crazy that a section of SL clubs can never be relegated.
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:01 am  
They can only be relegated if they are not in class A. So if Wakey were in class A, we couldn’t be relegated either. So to ensure a strong SL we need all clubs pushing themselves to be class A, which will be good for the game as a whole, including international side of things. I really don’t see it as a negative. We are well on the way to being class A. More numbers through the gates and finish the ground off, will mean more money to spend on better players and higher positions in the league. Very simplified I admit but it’s there for the club to achieve
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:18 am  
BarnsleyGull wrote:
I'd have said sh*t and a waste of time - but that might be me being harsh.
One thing is for sure - whichever way you look at it - the "bigger" clubs will only get bigger.

Quite right

They have been held back for far too long by the smaller clubs
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:38 am  
Can’t see the reasoning behind relegation for the 2023 season when in 2024 going to grading anyway. Surely 12 months is not enough time to implement enough change to have an effect on the grading ladder. Longer term planning will surely be needed. Does anyone know when it will be released for everyone to find out what super league have agreed with and what will be finally happening
Re: IMG : Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:44 am  
TheWarringtonWolve69 wrote:
Quite right

They have been held back for far too long by the smaller clubs

:SLEEPY:
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity