RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - IMG
Re: IMG Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:11 pm  
Re: IMG
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:11 pm  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 Member for 12 years
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar
No
Team
Selected


Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 17379
djcool wrote:
Well if Grade A clubs are at the bottom, it will be the next grade b club that's relegated?


Just imagine if there were 3 "A" rated clubs in the bottom 3 and you were relegated from 9th ?

It's a strange system that puts on field performance so low down the priority list.
Re: IMG Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:27 pm  
Re: IMG
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:27 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell Member for 9 years
Bronze RLFANS Member



Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:43 pm
Posts: 4321
wrencat1873 wrote:
Just imagine if there were 3 "A" rated clubs in the bottom 3 and you were relegated from 9th ?

It's a strange system that puts on field performance so low down the priority list.


I may be wrong but after a season all the the grade B rated club would be accessed against all the B rating clubs in Division One. They will then replace any from SL that are found to have a lower rating with those in Division One. This could be any number of B classed clubs but similarly if they don’t trace any then no team is relegated. The survival therefore depends entirely of staying ahead of at least one grade B club in SL or all the rest in the lower divisions.
The problem is that for grade B clubs they have to go through this review at the end of each season.
Re: IMG Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:46 pm  
Re: IMG
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:46 pm  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart Member for 14 years
100% League Network
User avatar


Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 17005
Location: wakefield
I think you are living in dream kand if you think there will be a problem with so many As and Bs.
The problem has always been that we don't have enough.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: IMG Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:10 pm  
Re: IMG
Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:10 pm  

Sacred Cow wrote:
Sacred Cow Member for 18 years
Bronze RLFANS Member

No
Team
Selected


Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 3053
PopTart wrote:
I think you are living in dream kand if you think there will be a problem with so many As and Bs.
The problem has always been that we don't have enough.

That depends how transparent they are with the criteria and decisions. Apparently the gradings are being chosen jointly by IMG & the RFL and there will be no chance of appeal. It would be quite easy to manipulate it to suit an agenda. There could quite easily be 9 or 10 Grade A’s should they want them to be with their preferred Grade B options (say London) scoring higher than than others in that category.
Re: IMG Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:41 am  
Re: IMG
Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:41 am  

lampyboy wrote:
lampyboy Member for 11 years
Free-scoring winger

No
Team
Selected


Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:56 pm
Posts: 2433
Do any of you actually have the confidence in the RL to implement and run the system in a transparent and honest way, because surprise surprise I don't.
This will ultimately result in supporters being switched off and leaving the game.
I suspect the game will suffer from an effort to improve that falls well short.
Break away now and start negotiations with Channel 4 and Premier sports, let the 6 have it and see how they get on.
Re: IMG Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:45 am  
Re: IMG
Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:45 am  

User avatarPopTart wrote:
PopTart Member for 14 years
100% League Network
User avatar


Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 17005
Location: wakefield
lampyboy wrote:
Do any of you actually have the confidence in the RL to implement and run the system in a transparent and honest way, because surprise surprise I don't.
This will ultimately result in supporters being switched off and leaving the game.
I suspect the game will suffer from an effort to improve that falls well short.
Break away now and start negotiations with Channel 4 and Premier sports, let the 6 have it and see how they get on.


Break away from what and with whom?
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: IMG Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:57 am  
Re: IMG
Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:57 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman Member for 18 years
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar


Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35262
Location: Poodle Power!
lampyboy wrote:
Do any of you actually have the confidence in the RL to implement and run the system in a transparent and honest way, because surprise surprise I don't.
This will ultimately result in supporters being switched off and leaving the game.
I suspect the game will suffer from an effort to improve that falls well short.
Break away now and start negotiations with Channel 4 and Premier sports, let the 6 have it and see how they get on.


So where was Channel 4 in the last negotiations or the ones before?

You live in a fantasy world if you believe there are any alternatives. Do you really think any broadcaster would pay 1.5 million per club per year for an un-sanctioned break away comp minus its most famous teams, just how popular do you think RL is? Bad news, it because it isn't, woman's football on the other hand.

Sorry but you need a serious reality check. Only SKY have ever shown an interest and even that's diminished. It's hardly a sellers market and RL in the northern hemisphere has very little to sell.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: IMG Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:32 am  
Re: IMG
Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:32 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman Member for 18 years
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar


Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35262
Location: Poodle Power!
PopTart wrote:
Break away from what and with whom?


God knows. It's pub talk, just knee jerk stuff based on nothing tangible.

No thought as to legal challenges, costs of setting up a new comp, massive loss of earnings from not playing the big club - shows to me why accountants and businessmen run clubs these days and not the supporters, can you imagine the carnage.

What the RL should do is make a film showing RL in the early 80's, with many of its players out of shape, playing in front of tiny crowds, in victorian sheds in the freezing cold and remind people how the game has improved. Sure it could be way better and should be, but this throw the baby out with the bath water mentality is destroying the game.

People need to grow up and adapt to the new world. Like it or not we are never going back to the sixties era of Bovril, Woodbines and local heroes. It's a commercial world and it's a commercial game. We retain what we can but we must adapt to survive. People can slag McManus and Heathrington but all they have done wrong is be smarter than the rest.

It's a very human thing to want to drag people down to your level, but the smart thing to do is to drag yourself up to their level. That's what we are slowly doing.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: IMG Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:46 am  
Re: IMG
Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:46 am  

User avatarwrencat1873 wrote:
wrencat1873 Member for 12 years
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar
No
Team
Selected


Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 17379
vastman wrote:
God knows. It's pub talk, just knee jerk stuff based on nothing tangible.

No thought as to legal challenges, costs of setting up a new comp, massive loss of earnings from not playing the big club - shows to me why accountants and businessmen run clubs these days and not the supporters, can you imagine the carnage.

What the RL should do is make a film showing RL in the early 80's, with many of its players out of shape, playing in front of tiny crowds, in victorian sheds in the freezing cold and remind people how the game has improved. Sure it could be way better and should be, but this throw the baby out with the bath water mentality is destroying the game.

People need to grow up and adapt to the new world. Like it or not we are never going back to the sixties era of Bovril, Woodbines and local heroes. It's a commercial world and it's a commercial game. We retain what we can but we must adapt to survive. People can slag McManus and Heathrington but all they have done wrong is be smarter than the rest.

It's a very human thing to want to drag people down to your level, but the smart thing to do is to drag yourself up to their level. That's what we are slowly doing.


It's certainly a positive aspiration to want to improve each and every club both on and off the field.
The serious issue here is that ANY range of criteria could be changed to suit an agenda.

There are comments in the IMG "report" about expanding the game and whilst it infers this would be in the UK, it does not specifically say so and it further suggests that "initially" overseas clubs will be capped at 2.

Are we going to be back to the Toronto scenario or, having consortiums wanting to buy clubs to move them to a "new" city etc.

Once you move away from on field performance deciding promotion and relegation, you are opening up a real can of worms and things can, and no doubt will be manipulated to engineer a particular outcome.

We could have a situation where a club is relegated from mid table to accommodate a lower league club with a certain number of plastic seats ?

There were many, many grey areas left in their "report" and the key omission was funding and just how we increase the broadcasting deal and lets face it, without a TV deal, the game is screwed
Re: IMG Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:01 am  
Re: IMG
Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:01 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman Member for 18 years
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar


Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35262
Location: Poodle Power!
wrencat1873 wrote:
It's certainly a positive aspiration to want to improve each and every club both on and off the field.
The serious issue here is that ANY range of criteria could be changed to suit an agenda.

There are comments in the IMG "report" about expanding the game and whilst it infers this would be in the UK, it does not specifically say so and it further suggests that "initially" overseas clubs will be capped at 2.

Are we going to be back to the Toronto scenario or, having consortiums wanting to buy clubs to move them to a "new" city etc.

Once you move away from on field performance deciding promotion and relegation, you are opening up a real can of worms and things can, and no doubt will be manipulated to engineer a particular outcome.

We could have a situation where a club is relegated from mid table to accommodate a lower league club with a certain number of plastic seats ?

There were many, many grey areas left in their "report" and the key omission was funding and just how we increase the broadcasting deal and lets face it, without a TV deal, the game is screwed


I'm not talking about the proposal such as they are. I was purely commentating on the idea of some kind of break away.

The only way to change the way RL is run is from the inside. This is not the FA or even Brexit, RL is a tiny sport with only a relatively low value, no sport could need a civil war less than we do.

It's now up to those who run the clubs to hammer out the best strategy possible within the limited room for manoeuvre that the sport has. We certainly can't afford to isolate SKY with talk of break aways, suicidal for the wider game and plays into the hands of the greedy elite.
SUPPORT SWAG...
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: altofts wildcat, cosmicat, dboy, djcool, Dunkirk Spirit, Kevs Head, Khlav Kalash, LG83, Lupsetbull, Pat Bateman, phe13, poplar cats alive, PopTart, Roonaldo6, Scarlet Pimpernell, Slugger McBatt, TimmySmith, TrinityDave, vastman, Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo and 340 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
9m
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Lower Crease
2
11m
Announcements
orangeman
92
11m
Squad and Team 2023
Yippee try y
10
11m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
17910
12m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
35239
14m
Mascot
Dick Jones
27
21m
Rumours and signings v9
Simba16
24860
29m
Shares for sale in Trinity
Slugger McBa
49
52m
Wane out
Sadfish
77
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
50s
2023 Kits
SouthStandRe
110
52s
Announcements
orangeman
92
54s
Pre season
mwindass
124
1m
Proctor
TrinTrin
1
1m
Renouf Atoni
PopTart
104
1m
Riley Dean
Winslade's O
25
1m
What we currently look like for 2023
Trojan Horse
885
2m
Squad numbers
WakiWaki
25
3m
IN 2023 Nene MacDonald - Expires 2024
Once were Lo
58
3m
Wane out
Sadfish
77
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Lower Crease
2
TODAY
Dragons Ladies Team 2022/2023
Jimmythecuck
1
TODAY
Squad and Team 2023
Yippee try y
10
TODAY
Proctor
TrinTrin
1
TODAY
Shares for sale in Trinity
Slugger McBa
49
TODAY
Wardle and King
nathan_rugby
8
TODAY
Squad numbers
WakiWaki
25
TODAY
NEW DEAL Cameron Smith - Expires 2026
Emagdnim13
11
TODAY
Faz and Giz
Dai Jones
7
TODAY
anyone work in banking advice needed
Maccbull_Big
2
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5925
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1841
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2794
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1679
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1804
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1877
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4605
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2124
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2712
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2613
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2544
England Top Group A With Big W..
2268
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
2062
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3289
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2594
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.4Million 1,636 79,3159,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 17th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R1
19:30
Wakefield
v
Catalans
 Fri 24th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Wigan
v
Wakefield
 Fri 3rd Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R3
19:45
Wakefield
v
Huddersfield
 Fri 10th Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R4
20:00
Leeds
v
Wakefield
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 16th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Leeds
Fri 17th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Salford
Sat 18th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Hull KR-Wigan
WCC2023
07:00
Penrith-St.Helens
Thu 23rd Feb
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Hull KR
Fri 24th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leeds-Hull FC
Sun 26th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Castleford-St.Helens
Thu 2nd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Salford
Fri 3rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
St.Helens-Leeds
Thu 9th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Wigan-Catalans
Fri 10th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 0 0 0 0 0
Hull FC 0 0 0 0 0
Catalans 0 0 0 0 0
Huddersfield 0 0 0 0 0
Leigh 0 0 0 0 0
St.Helens 0 0 0 0 0
 
Castleford 0 0 0 0 0
Wakefield 0 0 0 0 0
Leeds 0 0 0 0 0
Hull KR 0 0 0 0 0
Warrington 0 0 0 0 0
Salford 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
9m
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Lower Crease
2
11m
Announcements
orangeman
92
11m
Squad and Team 2023
Yippee try y
10
11m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
17910
12m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
35239
14m
Mascot
Dick Jones
27
21m
Rumours and signings v9
Simba16
24860
29m
Shares for sale in Trinity
Slugger McBa
49
52m
Wane out
Sadfish
77
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
50s
2023 Kits
SouthStandRe
110
52s
Announcements
orangeman
92
54s
Pre season
mwindass
124
1m
Proctor
TrinTrin
1
1m
Renouf Atoni
PopTart
104
1m
Riley Dean
Winslade's O
25
1m
What we currently look like for 2023
Trojan Horse
885
2m
Squad numbers
WakiWaki
25
3m
IN 2023 Nene MacDonald - Expires 2024
Once were Lo
58
3m
Wane out
Sadfish
77
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Lower Crease
2
TODAY
Dragons Ladies Team 2022/2023
Jimmythecuck
1
TODAY
Squad and Team 2023
Yippee try y
10
TODAY
Proctor
TrinTrin
1
TODAY
Shares for sale in Trinity
Slugger McBa
49
TODAY
Wardle and King
nathan_rugby
8
TODAY
Squad numbers
WakiWaki
25
TODAY
NEW DEAL Cameron Smith - Expires 2026
Emagdnim13
11
TODAY
Faz and Giz
Dai Jones
7
TODAY
anyone work in banking advice needed
Maccbull_Big
2
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5925
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1841
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2794
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1679
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1804
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1877
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4605
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2124
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2712
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2613
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2544
England Top Group A With Big W..
2268
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
2062
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3289
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2594


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!