FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Corey Hall........signs till 2024
Re: Corey Hall : Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:07 pm  
vastman wrote:
What the hell are you on about!

Have I run over your cat or something?

I’m reasonably optimistic as it happens and have said nothing to the contrary, you seem to be creating your own narrative.

The OP stated we should tie Hall down, that’s what we are discussing, I’d flippin love that! I was pointing out that it isn’t as simple as just money and if you know the game as well as you seem to suggest you know that.

Again the OP stated the Hall podcast in which the lad comes across as both bright and ambitious. These types hold their nerve and wait and with a year to go?? on his contract Hall can wait as if he continues progressing he will become a hot property. These are not my theories it’s how it works!

I also pointed out in another post which clearly you didn’t read that JM stated we had five signings to come or a hands worth as he put it, 3 of those are quota so I’m very positive some real quality will be added.

If we recruit well and Mash proves a good coach and we finish in a play off position - then pinning Hall down becomes far easier. Another relegation scramble, it gets tricky especially if he himself remains in form.

I’m trying not to be condescending here but it’s obvious. Good players tie themselves to good teams. When TJ signed his last deal we were looking good, this time round, well you know what happened.

I’ve made no attempt to predict next season and with so many players to be added I wouldn’t even attempt to. My rule is that I give it at least five games in before making any kind of judgement.

Every new season is a blank canvas but some things are constant.



Can’t disagree with that however you say finishing in a play off place will make it easier to tie down Hall etc. the issue with that is mid season clubs are able to talk to him so it will be too little too late unless we are riding high early-mid season.

I totally get your being realistic though and what is the solution I do not know. I guess more money may solve it but that’s a vicious cycle. I hope we see him and Murphy sign and they buy into the club building to challenge in up coming years.

I really hope we start the season off like a house on fire in 2023. It will help massively. As you say it’s too hard to predict until all the players are in place and signed.
Re: Corey Hall : Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:47 pm  
Both Hall and Murphy are young enough to buy in to Wakey for 1 or 2 seasons at the most.
I wouldn't expect either to have the TJ attitude.
Re: Corey Hall : Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:21 pm  
The alternative which all players regardless of age should consider do you look to secure a long term contract now like TJ did or do you gamble to see how it goes. The latter is a risk because like TJ he could pick up a serious injury ending his season which means his worth drops accordingly. With TJ he had a long contract so knew he would not be impacted financially and had time to prove himself.
For clarification Vastman and despite your bluster you did clearly state we do not have the funds to bring in quality players and will need those we do to step up. The quote you refer to from JM does state 5 signings but not the quality or level of these players.
Re: Corey Hall : Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:37 pm  
lampyboy wrote:
Both Hall and Murphy are young enough to buy in to Wakey for 1 or 2 seasons at the most.
I wouldn't expect either to have the TJ attitude.


Both are already here for 1 year.
If I was advising them personally I would say extend for 1-2 years.
It gives them chance to establish themselves in Super League where they will play regularly.

If they stay without an extention they risk being a Hampshire who bounces around clubs without long term security. If they extend to a long contract like 5 years it would need to reflect an increased potential built in. Otherwise they might be in a difficult position when renegotiating.

Either way, a contract isn't strong in rugby league. It just gives the player security if they are injured or the club security of a transfer fee if they want to go.
It doesn't stop a player leaving if a big spending club comes knocking.
Re: Corey Hall : Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:38 am  
Let’s be honest here he’s a decent youngster who’s looked good in what was for most parts a bang average club last season, but most of the top teams have a plethora of lads like him on their books . I like him a lot as a player and hope I see him for many a year in the red , white and blue , but I think people are getting a bit giddy when thinking there will be a bidding war for him anytime soon. He’s a long way to go yet in his Development as a players and not the finished article by a long way ,and imo that’s when he’ll attract the attention of the bigger clubs . Staying at Wakey will virtually guarantee a regular starting spot , the same can’t be said for most other top clubs, who churn players out at a prolific rate .As a club we will always be prayed upon by the bigger clubs who are able to offer players a larger slice of the pie , it’s not a new phenomenon and it’s one we have to live with for the foreseeable future, or until this mythical Tycoon steps in .
Re: Corey Hall : Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:33 am  
There is always the threat of clubs with money but no youth production of their own. Used to be Shudds but now we have Hull KR and Leigh for example.
Re: Corey Hall : Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:00 am  
Kettykat wrote:
Let’s be honest here he’s a decent youngster who’s looked good in what was for most parts a bang average club last season, but most of the top teams have a plethora of lads like him on their books . I like him a lot as a player and hope I see him for many a year in the red , white and blue , but I think people are getting a bit giddy when thinking there will be a bidding war for him anytime soon. He’s a long way to go yet in his Development as a players and not the finished article by a long way ,and imo that’s when he’ll attract the attention of the bigger clubs . Staying at Wakey will virtually guarantee a regular starting spot , the same can’t be said for most other top clubs, who churn players out at a prolific rate .As a club we will always be prayed upon by the bigger clubs who are able to offer players a larger slice of the pie , it’s not a new phenomenon and it’s one we have to live with for the foreseeable future, or until this mythical Tycoon steps in .


Spot on. Gareth Ellis was much further on in development before he moved on.
Re: Corey Hall : Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:49 pm  
1315trinity wrote:
Spot on. Gareth Ellis was much further on in development before he moved on.

Best SR this country has produced in 30 years. Just my opinion!
Re: Corey Hall : Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:53 pm  
Every club doesn’t have someone like Corey Hall

In the centres you’ve got Newman & Wardle who are arguably ahead of him but he’s a close second with 3rd some distance away.
Re: Corey Hall : Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:07 pm  
vastman wrote:
It’s not as simple as that if only it were. I listened to it and it’s obvious he’s a bright ambitious lad. He’s not going to be tied down to anything, he will want to see who comes in for him. Money will matter but that will only be part of it. We may be able to match the money at this point but not the ambition. It’s not like he hasn’t been around a fair bit already.


2 year deal announced by the club.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AgbriggAmbler, AMI, Bing [Bot], cocker, djcool, Dunkirk Spirit, FIL, Irregs#16, KevW60349, Khlav Kalash, musson, newgroundb4wakey, phe13, PopTart, Roverman1, Spookisback, Trojan Horse, upthetrin92 and 360 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity