FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Leeds Rhinos
Re: Leeds Rhinos : Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:56 pm  
Sorry SaleSlim you are not allowed to ask the great Vasty questions, he's the font of all knowledge in all subjects.
Re: Leeds Rhinos : Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:01 pm  
Without getting into the nitty gritty about your club as It's none of my business, I have to admit Slim that your team and it's coaches have done the club proud and deserve what success it's had this season, tbh at the start of this season I couldn't think of a single player of yours who I would have wanted in our team Brodie who?, don't know what next season brings for you as is the same with our club, but this year you've certainly won plenty over who like myself had you down to really struggle, you've certainly bloodied a few noses this season.
Re: Leeds Rhinos : Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:04 pm  
lampyboy wrote:
Sorry SaleSlim you are not allowed to ask the great Vasty questions, he's the font of all knowledge in all subjects.

Just a simple difference of opinion without the unnecessary sarcasm
Re: Leeds Rhinos : Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:13 pm  
chissitt wrote:
Just a simple difference of opinion without the unnecessary sarcasm


Come on Chissy, Vasty has been up to his antics for years and Lampy & I aren't exactly the first ones who've called him out for his jibber-jabber. :lol:

But yes, we've had a great season and the fact the club is so well run (on peanuts) by King & Blease makes it even more galling when fans of oppo teams just make stuff up without any substance.

I'll give Vasty the "not paying rent" bit but the fact is we were forced to move and the AJ Bell should be our stadium in order that the club can build and generate it's own revenue. It wasn't built for parasites like Sale RU to get their hands onto.

Anyway, I'll leave it there. Look forward to seeing you lot next season and hope the ground improvements come along nicely. :thumb:
Re: Leeds Rhinos : Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:43 pm  
SaleSlim wrote:
Sorry just stumbled across this post Vasty and as usual you've outdone yourself here. :lol:

1) We requested an academy license and weren't given one (but I'm sure you know that already). Koukash disbanded our previous academy.

2) "This year's team has been assembled on the never never". Like to back that comment/guff up with facts? Our pack has been assembled on the cheap with pretty much cast-offs from every other team and our backline includes 2 players discarded by Wigan, a player promoted from the championship, a winger who has been with us since 2019, a FB who has split his career between SL & the Championship and 2 NRL rejects. One of those was working as a labourer having not played pro-RL in over 12 months and the other one is a brilliant SO who was so poorly treated by his NRL team he's had to come across to the SL to resurrect his career.

So based on #2 response above feel free to give me a breakdown on which of those players are going to be bankrupting the club. :HEARTKISS:

Clown. :DOH:

PS. The fact you admire 4 clubs who take great pride in $hitting all over the rest of RL (your club included) pretty much makes your comments even more laughable.


Point 1: You have not got an elite Academy and you won't have the chance to apply for one of those until 2027. What you are talking about is not an academy with central funding but an U19's team or whatever the fop name the RLF has given them. These are not the same thing at all.

These are the elite academies.

Catalans Dragons, Huddersfield Giants, Hull FC, Leeds Rhinos, London Broncos, Newcastle Thunder, St Helens, Wakefield Trinity, Warrington Wolves, Wigan Warriors. You are not one of those.

I wish you the best of luck in getting a licence in 2027 but I reckon you will face some stiff competition.

Point 2, pull the other one, sure you have a few cheapies but there are some huge earners as well. However as you must know, a successful season makes even the most ordinary player think he's Cameron Munster. It's not the expensive Aussies who cause the bother it's the Wigan rejects who will be wanting their share now. Basically your season has given value to players who didn't have any before. If you don't pay them more they won't stay or if they do they won't be happy. I say this from experience as it's exactly what happened every time Trinity had a few good seasons.

I don't admire those clubs for how they behave, that wasn't the issue. I admire them because they are run properly. You may love or hate Saints or Leeds but they own their stadiums, run elite Academies, attract a large supporter base, produce their own players - you don't do any of those things.

When you do I will admire you as a club. I don't mind your team or your fans but if your club is a template on how to do it then I don't even know what it is.

That's how I see it anyway :thumb:
Re: Leeds Rhinos : Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:56 pm  
Sorry Vasty. You are doing a Scarlet there.
He makes a good point about his team and if you can't say why or where they have overspent, I tend to side with his view.
You may be right that they can't sustain it but you can't really say they've built it on the never never without prompting a challenge.
Re: Leeds Rhinos : Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:18 pm  
Back on topic, yes agree with much of the stuff people dont like Leeds for. However I dont think The Saints are no longer saintly. The knowles affair and the Makinson 'tackle' just shows how far they are prepared to cheat to win. Top that off with the chair affair and tomorrow I will be cheering on the whinos. I really want them to win, but after that, hostilities continue as normal.
Re: Leeds Rhinos : Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:01 pm  
vastman wrote:
Point 1: You have not got an elite Academy and you won't have the chance to apply for one of those until 2027. What you are talking about is not an academy with central funding but an U19's team or whatever the fop name the RLF has given them. These are not the same thing at all.

These are the elite academies.

Catalans Dragons, Huddersfield Giants, Hull FC, Leeds Rhinos, London Broncos, Newcastle Thunder, St Helens, Wakefield Trinity, Warrington Wolves, Wigan Warriors. You are not one of those.

I wish you the best of luck in getting a licence in 2027 but I reckon you will face some stiff competition.

Point 2, pull the other one, sure you have a few cheapies but there are some huge earners as well. However as you must know, a successful season makes even the most ordinary player think he's Cameron Munster. It's not the expensive Aussies who cause the bother it's the Wigan rejects who will be wanting their share now. Basically your season has given value to players who didn't have any before. If you don't pay them more they won't stay or if they do they won't be happy. I say this from experience as it's exactly what happened every time Trinity had a few good seasons.

I don't admire those clubs for how they behave, that wasn't the issue. I admire them because they are run properly. You may love or hate Saints or Leeds but they own their stadiums, run elite Academies, attract a large supporter base, produce their own players - you don't do any of those things.

When you do I will admire you as a club. I don't mind your team or your fans but if your club is a template on how to do it then I don't even know what it is.

That's how I see it anyway :thumb:


Where do I say we have an Elite academy? :D Reading not a strong point fella?

I quite clearly say we applied for a license but were turned down and I'm fully aware we only have a development squad. But I'll leave it there. You clearly can't back up any of your claims so I won't embarass you any further in front of your more sane Wakey supporters. :wink:

FWIW, as for the GF I'm going to begrudgingly be erring on the side of Leeds. As a Utd fan and a proud Salfordian, anything dirty Leeds are involved in I want them to lose but I'm making a minor exception must this once. :lol:
Re: Leeds Rhinos : Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:03 pm  
PopTart wrote:
Sorry Vasty. You are doing a Scarlet there.
He makes a good point about his team and if you can't say why or where they have overspent, I tend to side with his view.
You may be right that they can't sustain it but you can't really say they've built it on the never never without prompting a challenge.


Never equate me with Vastman if you don’t mind. I have no problem with Salford, he does because they go against how we have performed compared to them and by default the choices we made.
Re: Leeds Rhinos : Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:32 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
Never equate me with Vastman if you don’t mind. I have no problem with Salford, he does because they go against how we have performed compared to them and by default the choices we made.


The equating is that he claimed something without factual basis.
That is practically your core value.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AgbriggAmbler, Borderboy, burtonsrlfc, imwakefieldtillidie, Manuel, PopTart, Roverman1, wakeytrin and 370 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity

cron