RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Stand off - playmaker - game controller.

User avatarKettykat wrote:
Kettykat User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 am
Posts: 1526
Member for 5 years
Supports: No team Selected
Gale signed a few weeks ago , so let’s start looking to get our forwards power in order and give our new half back pairing to work off . Not chip oil talk or hear say but facts .

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35260
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
Supports : Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Kettykat wrote:
Gale signed a few weeks ago , so let’s start looking to get our forwards power in order and give our new half back pairing to work off . Not chip oil talk or hear say but facts .


When did that happen? All signings were put on hold until a decision was made regarding Pochings future.


Personally no issue with Gale but if he’s signed you know something nobody else seems to.

I can tell you one thing I did get told, that Lino has been told he must step up and lead the team this season. With that in mind I’d suggest Gale would be unlikely.

Still we will see soon enough and who knows.
SUPPORT SWAG...

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35260
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
Supports : Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

The Avenger wrote:
Oh the irony :CRAZY:


No irony, what you posted is a total falsehood.

I’ve made it my mission to watch as much Academy and Reserve games as possible from the last few years. There is loads out there, you should try it.

None of those teams play in the style you suggest, quite the opposite. It’s also totally at odds with the style of rugby Applegarth said he wanted from his team in his press conference.

So how on earth do you come to the conclusion that he will abandon his philosophy and play how you suggest - it’s utter nonsense based on nothing but vindictiveness as far as I can see.

You called him one dimensional yet the irony is that you’re the one dimensional one.
SUPPORT SWAG...

User avatarPat Bateman wrote:
Pat Bateman User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:57 pm
Posts: 1374
Location: Wakefield
Member for 12 years
Supports: No team Selected
Abit off topic but I’ve flicked on Fox Sport Aus and Ben Jeffries is the coach of PNG women national side who are currently playing Aus Prime ministers 13. Good on him.
DONT TOUCH THE WATCH

User avatarPat Bateman wrote:
Pat Bateman User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:57 pm
Posts: 1374
Location: Wakefield
Member for 12 years
Supports: No team Selected
Kettykat wrote:
Gale signed a few weeks ago , so let’s start looking to get our forwards power in order and give our new half back pairing to work off . Not chip oil talk or hear say but facts .

I know Craig Harrison met with MC and JM a few weeks ago as he said he was going to on his podcast.
DONT TOUCH THE WATCH

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35260
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
Supports : Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Pat Bateman wrote:
I know Craig Harrison met with MC and JM a few weeks ago as he said he was going to on his podcast.


I think we have to accept that we have new broom and what was going to happen might not happen now.

Unless Gale has already signed the dotted line then I’d assume that and other potential signings are up for review.

When I have spoken to people with more knowledge than me and although they didn’t talk about players very much and nobody specific I gleaned the following. In general conversation the opinion was that we definitely needed a couple of tough yardage makers up front. They also said we probably need another HB. However, and it’s just how it sounded to me, that HB had not yet been found.

As I say I’m just reading it as it sounded to me but I’m not a mind reader so might be wrong regarding Gale.
Last edited by vastman on Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
SUPPORT SWAG...

User avatarasmadasa wrote:
asmadasa User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 3627
Member for 11 years
Supports : London Skolars

vastman wrote:
When did that happen? All signings were put on hold until a decision was made regarding Pochings future.


Personally no issue with Gale but if he’s signed you know something nobody else seems to.

I can tell you one thing I did get told, that Lino has been told he must step up and lead the team this season. With that in mind I’d suggest Gale would be unlikely.

Still we will see soon enough and who knows.

More likely Albert Kelly type player coming if that’s the case…

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35260
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
Supports : Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

asmadasa wrote:
More likely Albert Kelly type player coming if that’s the case…


No idea. Possible I suppose, he’s certainly younger than Gale.
SUPPORT SWAG...

Prince Buster User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 4354
Location: Orange street
Member for 18 years
Supports: No team Selected
vastman wrote:
I think we have to accept that we have new broom and what was going to happen might not happen now.

Unless Gale has already signed the dotted line then I’d assume that and other potential signings are up for review.

When I spoke to JM as stated we didn’t talk about players very much and nobody specific. But in general conversation his opinion was that we definitely needed a couple of tough yardage makers up front. He also said we probably need another HB. However, and it’s just how it sounded to me, that HB had not yet been found.

As I say I’m just reading it as it sounded to me but I’m not a mind reader so might be wrong regarding Gale.

I am also hearing the Gale rumour, but like you say the timelines dont add up. If he has been signed it would have been a decision by WP or MC and not our present coach. We did that mistake last season by allowing Chester to make signings. Surely they knew WP was not assured of a fresh contract why would they make such a crucial signing as half back. A major pivot like Gale or anyone else must be wanted by Mash and that should be his call who he brings in.

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35260
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
Supports : Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Prince Buster wrote:
I am also hearing the Gale rumour, but like you say the timelines dont add up. If he has been signed it would have been a decision by WP or MC and not our present coach. We did that mistake last season by allowing Chester to make signings. Surely they knew WP was not assured of a fresh contract why would they make such a crucial signing as half back. A major pivot like Gale or anyone else must be wanted by Mash and that should be his call who he brings in.


I think the rumour was true and that Gale was a top target. However unless he did actually sign then he may no longer be.

I’ve no axe to grind as I think he’d be a decent signing. But when chatting to people who might know it didn’t sound as if we’d signed anybody. However that could be totally wrong on my part.

This next bit is pure speculation on my part but maybe the board looked at the proposed signings and didn’t like the look and that was part of the reason WP wasn’t retained.

When MC says he doesn’t interfere in player signings I believe him. I believe he doesn’t even suggest let alone demand who we sign. However after running the club for 8 years I don’t believe that MC as CEO doesn’t voice his concerns regarding certain signings. That would be naive in the extreme. So personally I think the BOD don’t choose who we do sign but I suspect they have a say in who we don’t.
SUPPORT SWAG...
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alegend, BigJMolloy, Dunkirk Spirit, JINJER, KevW60349, Khlav Kalash, lampyboy, LyndsayGill, malpalu, Overground, Pat Bateman, poplar cats alive, Roonaldo6, sandcat20, Trojan Horse, upthetrin92 and 264 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
Shares for sale in Trinity
vastman
42
24m
Confirmed 2023 squad
Septimius Se
123
28m
Rumours and signings v9
1872_WiganRL
24859
30m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
17904
45m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
35235
55m
Squad numbers
PopTart
24
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
16s
IN 2023 Nene MacDonald - Expires 2024
Once were Lo
58
36s
Confirmed 2023 squad
Septimius Se
123
52s
What we currently look like for 2023
Trojan Horse
885
1m
Squad and Team 2023
Hullrealist
6
1m
2023 Squad Numbers
Rhino at wor
19
1m
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Lord Tony Sm
49
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
35235
1m
Announcements
crashmon
91
1m
2023 Kits
Egg Chasing
109
1m
Wardle and King
nathan_rugby
8
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Squad and Team 2023
Hullrealist
6
TODAY
Proctor
TrinTrin
1
TODAY
Shares for sale in Trinity
vastman
42
TODAY
Wardle and King
nathan_rugby
8
TODAY
Squad numbers
PopTart
24
TODAY
NEW DEAL Cameron Smith - Expires 2026
Emagdnim13
11
TODAY
Faz and Giz
Dai Jones
7
TODAY
anyone work in banking advice needed
Maccbull_Big
2
TODAY
JD in the Bye round
musson
24
TODAY
cas
Trojan Horse
4
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5920
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1836
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2789
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1676
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1802
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1869
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4603
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2120
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2708
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2607
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2540
England Top Group A With Big W..
2266
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
2056
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3280
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2590
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.4Million +11,950 79,3159,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 17th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R1
19:30
Wakefield
v
Catalans
 Fri 24th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Wigan
v
Wakefield
 Fri 3rd Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R3
19:45
Wakefield
v
Huddersfield
 Fri 10th Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R4
20:00
Leeds
v
Wakefield
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 16th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Leeds
Fri 17th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Salford
Sat 18th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Hull KR-Wigan
WCC2023
07:00
Penrith-St.Helens
Thu 23rd Feb
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Hull KR
Fri 24th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leeds-Hull FC
Sun 26th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Castleford-St.Helens
Thu 2nd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Salford
Fri 3rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
St.Helens-Leeds
Thu 9th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Wigan-Catalans
Fri 10th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Warrington 0 0 0 0 0
Salford 0 0 0 0 0
Wigan 0 0 0 0 0
Hull FC 0 0 0 0 0
Catalans 0 0 0 0 0
Huddersfield 0 0 0 0 0
 
Leigh 0 0 0 0 0
St.Helens 0 0 0 0 0
Castleford 0 0 0 0 0
Wakefield 0 0 0 0 0
Leeds 0 0 0 0 0
Hull KR 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
Shares for sale in Trinity
vastman
42
24m
Confirmed 2023 squad
Septimius Se
123
28m
Rumours and signings v9
1872_WiganRL
24859
30m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
17904
45m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
35235
55m
Squad numbers
PopTart
24
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
16s
IN 2023 Nene MacDonald - Expires 2024
Once were Lo
58
36s
Confirmed 2023 squad
Septimius Se
123
52s
What we currently look like for 2023
Trojan Horse
885
1m
Squad and Team 2023
Hullrealist
6
1m
2023 Squad Numbers
Rhino at wor
19
1m
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Lord Tony Sm
49
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
35235
1m
Announcements
crashmon
91
1m
2023 Kits
Egg Chasing
109
1m
Wardle and King
nathan_rugby
8
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Squad and Team 2023
Hullrealist
6
TODAY
Proctor
TrinTrin
1
TODAY
Shares for sale in Trinity
vastman
42
TODAY
Wardle and King
nathan_rugby
8
TODAY
Squad numbers
PopTart
24
TODAY
NEW DEAL Cameron Smith - Expires 2026
Emagdnim13
11
TODAY
Faz and Giz
Dai Jones
7
TODAY
anyone work in banking advice needed
Maccbull_Big
2
TODAY
JD in the Bye round
musson
24
TODAY
cas
Trojan Horse
4
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5920
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1836
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2789
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1676
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1802
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1869
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4603
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2120
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2708
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2607
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2540
England Top Group A With Big W..
2266
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
2056
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3280
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2590


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!