RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - What we currently look like for 2023
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:13 pm  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:13 pm  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Member for 18 years
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 4643
vastman wrote:
The problem with this idea is how do you compensate ST holders. It wouldn't bother me, I'm not rich but I can take a £15 hit for the odd game. However some people just don't see it that way.

I'd do it for the Catalan game obviously and perhaps controversially the Cas game. It's the latter that would get you a massive attendance. However I'm are assuming we will be back to full capacity at that point. Knowing the RFL they will go out of their way to have all our big attendance games at the start of the season, you just know it.


Even more reason to do it in 2024 when it really matters (I think the end of 2024 is when licences are solidified and a decision is made on the league clubs are in).

As you say that’s probably the only issue that some ST holders may wan’t some form of reimbursement. Personally it wouldn’t bother me.

If we were to really market the £10 then we would likely only need to do it 2/3 times to see some good attendances. Put on some pre match local band/entertainment and if we net a win we could see some new trinity fans too. No point doing this till new stand is open except maybe against Catalans.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:39 pm  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:39 pm  

charlie wrote:
charlie Member for 21 years


Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 3994
Location: Wakefield
Trojan Horse wrote:
Just a thought but as the licenses will likely consider attendances to some degree I wonder if it would be worth having £10 tickets at some games in 2024? The year which licenses will be awarded at the end.


We could just make up the attendance like the last mob did :lol:

Which was all well and good until the tax man wanted paying for these invisible spectators.
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:46 pm  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:46 pm  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Member for 18 years
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 4643
charlie wrote:
We could just make up the attendance like the last mob did :lol:

Which was all well and good until the tax man wanted paying for these invisible spectators.


Well, we will never know.
Last edited by Trojan Horse on Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:32 pm  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:32 pm  

PopTart wrote:
PopTart Member for 14 years
100% League Network
User avatar


Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 17009
Location: wakefield
Oh yes. Of course you counted them.
Baffles me every time someone starts this.
If they'd lied to the tax man about income they would have been in jail for tax fraud.
So let's not do that.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:46 pm  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:46 pm  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Member for 18 years
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 4643
PopTart wrote:
Oh yes. Of course you counted them.
Baffles me every time someone starts this.
If they'd lied to the tax man about income they would have been in jail for tax fraud.
So let's not do that.


Your right ofcourse but it does beg the question where these fans went or even how we can get them back. Suppose that’s something positive that higher attendances are attainable.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:51 pm  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:51 pm  

PopTart wrote:
PopTart Member for 14 years
100% League Network
User avatar


Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:10 am
Posts: 17009
Location: wakefield
Trojan Horse wrote:
Your right ofcourse but it does beg the question where these fans went or even how we can get them back. Suppose that’s something positive that higher attendances are attainable.


Absolutely. That's the challenge.
I'm certain the stadium is the first step. Those extra people won't come to the photo Sts shared. They want to come to a modern, safe stadium.
So we are at least taking the first step.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:30 am  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:30 am  

Spookisback wrote:
Spookisback Member for 1 year
Cheeky half-back


Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:02 am
Posts: 507
Trojan Horse wrote:
Your right ofcourse but it does beg the question where these fans went or even how we can get them back. Suppose that’s something positive that higher attendances are attainable.

They weren’t fans… just free loaders
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:45 am  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:45 am  

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:55 am
Posts: 2975
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
Put it another way success sells, to increase the chance of this you need a successful squad, if we had then we would not see season tickets fall by 20%.


It's not guaranteed, but does help. I think our crowds were up in 2017 & 2018 slightly.

I do think when it's done, there will be an initial upturn in attendance, both home and away fans, as there will be an arrow curiosity. It's how long we keep them engaged for.

Food for thought, an extra 100 fans is approx £30k extra revenue, 200 fans is £60,000 and if it were possible, 500 would be around £150k, this could be more, depending on merchandise etc. This extra revenue could go toward squad improvement, whether it means bringing in a new player, or using it in retaining valuable squad members
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:05 am  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:05 am  

vastman wrote:
vastman Member for 18 years
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar


Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35267
Location: Poodle Power!
PopTart wrote:
Oh yes. Of course you counted them.
Baffles me every time someone starts this.
If they'd lied to the tax man about income they would have been in jail for tax fraud.
So let's not do that.



From what I understand there was never a tax issue with the Glover era attendances. They were nominally accurate and I personally recall the crowds felt larger.

The issue as I understand it was that a huge number were simply not paying.

Grossly unfair on those that do. Whilst someone with a basic grasp of economics knows to disastrous.

I detest freeloaders with a passion. Not just because they rob the club of revenue but also because they have the audacity to moan more than anyone else.

I know one who threw his complimentary ticket onto the pitch after a narrow loss. Everything is wrong with this scenario but the stunning thing is he got in and didn’t even have to hand over his comp ticket! That’s how lax it was under Glover.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:35 am  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:35 am  

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:55 am
Posts: 2975
[quote="vastman"]From what I understand there was never a tax issue with the Glover era attendances. They were nominally accurate and I personally recall the crowds felt larger.

The issue as I understand it was that a huge number were simply not paying.

Grossly unfair on those that do. Whilst someone with a basic grasp of economics knows to disastrous.

I detest freeloaders with a passion. Not just because they rob the club of revenue but also because they have the audacity to moan more than anyone else.

I know one who threw his complimentary ticket onto the pitch after a narrow loss. Everything is wrong with this scenario but the stunning thing is he got in and didn’t even have to hand over his comp ticket! That’s how lax it was

The numbers recorded were pretty accurate.

The freebies and grossly miscalculated discounted season ticket sales, are mainly the reason why we got ourselves into the mire.

Again though, we were a top 8 side in 2012, and were o Ln the verge again in 2013, until players were released before the seasons end.

I got why it was done, licensing were doing the rounds and we were falling short on the average crowd "tick"
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AgbriggAmbler, Belle Vue, BigJMolloy, cosmicat, djcool, huddiepuddies, imwakefieldtillidie, KevW60349, Khlav Kalash, LG83, lifelongfan, Pat Bateman, phe13, Roverman1, Slugger McBatt, steadygetyerboots-on, The Phantom Horseman, TimmySmith, TrinityDave, Trojan Horse, wakeytrin, Yosemite Sam and 317 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
2m
Rumours and signings v9
nathan_rugby
24876
4m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
17932
11m
What is Britains greatest ever sitcom
wigginswarri
10
20m
2023 Squad Numbers
Clearwing
25
23m
Squad numbers
Prince Buste
35
34m
Another player
Jemmo
30
37m
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Lower Crease
5
41m
What we currently look like for 2023
Trojan Horse
887
49m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35259
55m
Contibutors
vastman
3
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
55s
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Lower Crease
5
57s
Squad and Team 2023
bishops fing
21
1m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
tad rhino
4342
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35259
2m
Introducing myself
Trinity info
6
2m
Oh no not again
gardener
1
3m
Shopping List 2023
RockNRolla
3382
4m
Shares for sale in Trinity
Trinity info
65
4m
Wardle and King
Rogues Galle
10
4m
Riley Dean
WalterWizard
26
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Football World Cup
Sadfish
1
TODAY
Oh no not again
gardener
1
TODAY
Contibutors
vastman
3
TODAY
Read this in League Express
glee
1
TODAY
Jotform
Dunkirk Spir
2
TODAY
Introducing myself
Trinity info
6
TODAY
Friendlies
Pumpetypump
3
TODAY
Channel 4
MorePlaymake
3
TODAY
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Lower Crease
5
TODAY
Dragons Ladies Team 2022/2023
Jimmythecuck
1
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5984
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1907
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2852
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1729
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1844
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1918
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4642
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2162
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2746
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2651
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2592
England Top Group A With Big W..
2307
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
2106
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3329
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2633
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.4Million 1,795 ↓-4879,3159,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 17th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R1
19:30
Wakefield
v
Catalans
 Fri 24th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Wigan
v
Wakefield
 Fri 3rd Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R3
19:45
Wakefield
v
Huddersfield
 Fri 10th Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R4
20:00
Leeds
v
Wakefield
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 16th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Leeds
Fri 17th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Salford
Sat 18th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Hull KR-Wigan
WCC2023
07:00
Penrith-St.Helens
Thu 23rd Feb
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Hull KR
Fri 24th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leeds-Hull FC
Sun 26th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Castleford-St.Helens
Thu 2nd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Salford
Fri 3rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
St.Helens-Leeds
Thu 9th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Wigan-Catalans
Fri 10th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 0 0 0 0 0
Warrington 0 0 0 0 0
Salford 0 0 0 0 0
Wigan 0 0 0 0 0
Hull FC 0 0 0 0 0
Catalans 0 0 0 0 0
 
Huddersfield 0 0 0 0 0
Leigh 0 0 0 0 0
St.Helens 0 0 0 0 0
Castleford 0 0 0 0 0
Wakefield 0 0 0 0 0
Leeds 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
2m
Rumours and signings v9
nathan_rugby
24876
4m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
17932
11m
What is Britains greatest ever sitcom
wigginswarri
10
20m
2023 Squad Numbers
Clearwing
25
23m
Squad numbers
Prince Buste
35
34m
Another player
Jemmo
30
37m
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Lower Crease
5
41m
What we currently look like for 2023
Trojan Horse
887
49m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35259
55m
Contibutors
vastman
3
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
55s
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Lower Crease
5
57s
Squad and Team 2023
bishops fing
21
1m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
tad rhino
4342
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35259
2m
Introducing myself
Trinity info
6
2m
Oh no not again
gardener
1
3m
Shopping List 2023
RockNRolla
3382
4m
Shares for sale in Trinity
Trinity info
65
4m
Wardle and King
Rogues Galle
10
4m
Riley Dean
WalterWizard
26
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Football World Cup
Sadfish
1
TODAY
Oh no not again
gardener
1
TODAY
Contibutors
vastman
3
TODAY
Read this in League Express
glee
1
TODAY
Jotform
Dunkirk Spir
2
TODAY
Introducing myself
Trinity info
6
TODAY
Friendlies
Pumpetypump
3
TODAY
Channel 4
MorePlaymake
3
TODAY
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Lower Crease
5
TODAY
Dragons Ladies Team 2022/2023
Jimmythecuck
1
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5984
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1907
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2852
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1729
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1844
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1918
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4642
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2162
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2746
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2651
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2592
England Top Group A With Big W..
2307
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
2106
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3329
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2633


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!