RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - What we currently look like for 2023
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:55 pm  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:55 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35255
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
Supports : Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Eastern Wildcat wrote:
Franklin Pele, at 21 looks a beast.

Runs it in very hard.

Only 1 game in the NRL, would he get a visa.

Wakeham, can play 6,7 and 9, so would add a bit of utility value too, at this stage. Also, Being Fijian, may not come with a huge price tag


Pele looks like an Aussie Eseh. If coaching younger players is Applegarth speciality then why not :D
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:59 pm  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:59 pm  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 4638
Member for 18 years
Supports: No team Selected
Eastern Wildcat wrote:
Franklin Pele, at 21 looks a beast.

Runs it in very hard.

Only 1 game in the NRL, would he get a visa.

Wakeham, can play 6,7 and 9, so would add a bit of utility value too, at this stage. Also, Being Fijian, may not come with a huge price tag


I’m all for signing young talent and he would fit the bill for us I think.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:06 pm  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:06 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35255
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
Supports : Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Trojan Horse wrote:
I’m all for signing young talent and he would fit the bill for us I think.


Visa is the issue.

He got injured a game after his debut so that's probably what kept him at one first team game.

I always add 2 years onto a young NRL players age to compensate for their superior development. So in SL terms he's 23 :D
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:24 pm  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:24 pm  

User avatardjcool wrote:
djcool User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 11:29 am
Posts: 3056
Location: Halifax
Member for 18 years
Supports : Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

vastman wrote:
Visa is the issue.

He got injured a game after his debut so that's probably what kept him at one first team game.

I always add 2 years onto a young NRL players age to compensate for their superior development. So in SL terms he's 23 :D

Any playing in the World Cup ? Ref the visa
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:33 pm  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:33 pm  

Sacred Cow wrote:
Sacred Cow Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 3053
Member for 18 years
Supports: No team Selected
I think Walters, Crossland & Salmon are expected to re-sign with their current clubs whilst Johns has been linked with Newcastle given the family connection. Pele has been strongly linked with Canterbury Bulldogs so likely isn't an option and as you say Crichton is a no, he won't be leaving the Roosters. There will be visa issues with some of the others. Wakeham hasn't had much NRL gametime but is probably the most likely should he play for Fiji in the world cup although he'll need to get some of the 'stupid' out of his game. For example he got banned earlier this year for a pretty nasty eye gouge. It could be a fresh start for him though.
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:41 pm  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:41 pm  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35255
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
Supports : Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Sacred Cow wrote:
I think Walters, Crossland & Salmon are expected to re-sign with their current clubs whilst Johns has been linked with Newcastle given the family connection. Pele has been strongly linked with Canterbury Bulldogs so likely isn't an option and as you say Crichton is a no, he won't be leaving the Roosters. There will be visa issues with some of the others. Wakeham hasn't had much NRL gametime but is probably the most likely should he play for Fiji in the world cup although he'll need to get some of the 'stupid' out of his game. For example he got banned earlier this year for a pretty nasty eye gouge. It could be a fresh start for him though.


Just looked at the 'eye gouge', it was silly but not what I'd call a gouge, more like a flick. I've read some harrowing accounts from the sixties and seventies of this diabolical assault and that isn't one of those. I've no reason to defend him as I doubt he's on his way to us anyway, but that wouldn't put me off, we'd just hire Knowles solicitor 8)
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:01 pm  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:01 pm  

User avatarasmadasa wrote:
asmadasa User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 3627
Member for 11 years
Supports : London Skolars

Linked to James Tamou but so are Huddersfield, Leigh and North Queensland Cowboys……

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/huddersf ... fer-59799/
Linked to James Tamou but so are Huddersfield, Leigh and North Queensland Cowboys……

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/huddersf ... fer-59799/
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:31 am  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:31 am  
Eastern Wildcat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:55 am
Posts: 2975
Member for 7 years
Supports: No team Selected
vastman wrote:
Pele looks like an Aussie Eseh. If coaching younger players is Applegarth speciality then why not :D


Could be a "project" signing Vasty
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:27 am  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:27 am  

WakiWaki wrote:
WakiWaki Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:59 am
Posts: 22
Member for L 0 years
Supports: No team Selected
What’s everyone’s idea of a realistically perfect off season for us. I hoped in the coming months we could.
Extend Murphy (hope for 2/3 year extension)
Extend Hall (done)
Extend whitbread (done)
Sign organiser halfback
Sign 2 big impact props
Resign Isaac Shaw
Extend Jay Pitts (rumours this is done)
Release Lineham / Battye (understand probably won’t happen)
Sign Jamie Shaul
Decide captain Pitts / Crowther / Lyne / Ashurst my choices
Sign min 2 new academy players to full time

We’ve already achieved a couple of them and get some won’t probably happen but with potentially 5 new players coming in as mentioned by John minards I think a halfback / 2 props / fullback and backrow are needed. With a squad running at 30 players
Re: What we currently look like for 2023 Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:03 am  
Re: What we currently look like for 2023
Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:03 am  

User avatarvastman wrote:
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 35255
Location: Poodle Power!
Member for 18 years
Supports : Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

WakiWaki wrote:
What’s everyone’s idea of a realistically perfect off season for us. I hoped in the coming months we could.
Extend Murphy (hope for 2/3 year extension)
Extend Hall (done)
Extend whitbread (done)
Sign organiser halfback
Sign 2 big impact props
Resign Isaac Shaw
Extend Jay Pitts (rumours this is done)
Release Lineham / Battye (understand probably won’t happen)
Sign Jamie Shaul
Decide captain Pitts / Crowther / Lyne / Ashurst my choices
Sign min 2 new academy players to full time

We’ve already achieved a couple of them and get some won’t probably happen but with potentially 5 new players coming in as mentioned by John minards I think a halfback / 2 props / fullback and backrow are needed. With a squad running at 30 players


I’m glad somebody else has noted Pitts value to the team. Another player being prematurely written off when in truth he’s a valuable experienced utility player with a few years left in him and a true leader, hope he is signed up.
SUPPORT SWAG...
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BarnsleyGull, burtonsrlfc, charlie, Chuck Bartowski, Dannyboywt1, Dunkirk Spirit, homme vaste, Hopwood, imwakefieldtillidie, JINJER, KevW60349, Khlav Kalash, lampyboy, LG83, Pat Bateman, phe13, PopTart, REDWHITEANDBLUE, Roonaldo6, Roverman1, Spookisback, The Devil's Advocate, The Phantom Horseman, TimmySmith, Trojan Horse, upthetrin92, vastman, Wakeywakeywakey and 393 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wakefield Trinity


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Shinedown
17897
3m
BORED The Band Name Game
Shinedown
35231
29m
Squad numbers
Spookisback
21
29m
Shares for sale in Trinity
PopTart
34
33m
What we currently look like for 2023
Trojan Horse
885
40m
Squad and Team 2023
HU8HFC
3
47m
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Lord Tony Sm
49
50m
2023 Kits
Egg Chasing
109
57m
Confirmed 2023 squad
TheWarringto
120
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
21s
Stadium and other issues
chissitt
587
23s
Squad numbers
Spookisback
21
32s
Proctor
TrinTrin
1
41s
Rumours and signings v9
apollosghost
24853
41s
Faz and Giz
Dai Jones
7
44s
2023 Squad Numbers
Frosties.
15
46s
What we currently look like for 2023
Trojan Horse
885
47s
Renouf Atoni
PopTart
104
55s
NEW DEAL Cameron Smith - Expires 2026
Emagdnim13
11
1m
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Lord Tony Sm
49
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Squad and Team 2023
HU8HFC
3
TODAY
Proctor
TrinTrin
1
TODAY
Shares for sale in Trinity
PopTart
34
TODAY
Wardle and King
nathan_rugby
8
TODAY
Squad numbers
Spookisback
21
TODAY
NEW DEAL Cameron Smith - Expires 2026
Emagdnim13
11
TODAY
Faz and Giz
Dai Jones
7
TODAY
anyone work in banking advice needed
Maccbull_Big
2
TODAY
JD in the Bye round
musson
24
TODAY
cas
Trojan Horse
4
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5897
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1827
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2777
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1667
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1797
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1859
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4592
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2110
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2700
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2604
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2534
England Top Group A With Big W..
2263
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
2047
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3276
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2582
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.4Million +21,743 ↓-1579,3159,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 17th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R1
19:30
Wakefield
v
Catalans
 Fri 24th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Wigan
v
Wakefield
 Fri 3rd Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R3
19:45
Wakefield
v
Huddersfield
 Fri 10th Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R4
20:00
Leeds
v
Wakefield
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 16th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Leeds
Fri 17th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Salford
Sat 18th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Hull KR-Wigan
WCC2023
07:00
Penrith-St.Helens
Thu 23rd Feb
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Hull KR
Fri 24th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leeds-Hull FC
Sun 26th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Castleford-St.Helens
Thu 2nd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Salford
Fri 3rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
St.Helens-Leeds
Thu 9th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Wigan-Catalans
Fri 10th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 0 0 0 0 0
Castleford 0 0 0 0 0
Wakefield 0 0 0 0 0
Leeds 0 0 0 0 0
Hull KR 0 0 0 0 0
Warrington 0 0 0 0 0
 
Salford 0 0 0 0 0
Wigan 0 0 0 0 0
Hull FC 0 0 0 0 0
Catalans 0 0 0 0 0
Huddersfield 0 0 0 0 0
Leigh 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Shinedown
17897
3m
BORED The Band Name Game
Shinedown
35231
29m
Squad numbers
Spookisback
21
29m
Shares for sale in Trinity
PopTart
34
33m
What we currently look like for 2023
Trojan Horse
885
40m
Squad and Team 2023
HU8HFC
3
47m
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Lord Tony Sm
49
50m
2023 Kits
Egg Chasing
109
57m
Confirmed 2023 squad
TheWarringto
120
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
21s
Stadium and other issues
chissitt
587
23s
Squad numbers
Spookisback
21
32s
Proctor
TrinTrin
1
41s
Rumours and signings v9
apollosghost
24853
41s
Faz and Giz
Dai Jones
7
44s
2023 Squad Numbers
Frosties.
15
46s
What we currently look like for 2023
Trojan Horse
885
47s
Renouf Atoni
PopTart
104
55s
NEW DEAL Cameron Smith - Expires 2026
Emagdnim13
11
1m
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Lord Tony Sm
49
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Squad and Team 2023
HU8HFC
3
TODAY
Proctor
TrinTrin
1
TODAY
Shares for sale in Trinity
PopTart
34
TODAY
Wardle and King
nathan_rugby
8
TODAY
Squad numbers
Spookisback
21
TODAY
NEW DEAL Cameron Smith - Expires 2026
Emagdnim13
11
TODAY
Faz and Giz
Dai Jones
7
TODAY
anyone work in banking advice needed
Maccbull_Big
2
TODAY
JD in the Bye round
musson
24
TODAY
cas
Trojan Horse
4
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5897
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1827
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2777
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1667
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1797
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1859
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4592
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2110
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2700
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2604
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2534
England Top Group A With Big W..
2263
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
2047
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3276
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2582


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!