WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:17 pm  
Fujiman wrote:
25,133 I’ve just read on a RL website

They haven't sold 25,133
That's the stadium capacity with all seats available

It's around 24k currently
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:32 pm  
On the rare occasions the stadium is filled, I always think the club needs to find ways of trying to capitalise and attract some of the casual fans back. Maybe hand out some flyers for a ticket deal for the next home game around the stadium or some season ticket info etc.
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:39 pm  
MadDogg wrote:
On the rare occasions the stadium is filled, I always think the club needs to find ways of trying to capitalise and attract some of the casual fans back. Maybe hand out some flyers for a ticket deal for the next home game around the stadium or some season ticket info etc.

We play Huddersfield the week after, so that would be ideal because we’re likely to go from 24,000 to around half that without a fair push.
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:05 pm  
It would be very interesting to know how many neutrals are attending (or non Wigan fans I should say)

To see a side like Penrith live and in the flesh is a big draw for a lot of RL fans so I would imagine there’s a decent amount.

I saw a Saints fan on Twitter that said he personally knew 21 other people going to the game who aren’t Wigan fans. FTV is another example bringing 5 mates with him.
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:16 pm  
Stu M wrote:
It would be very interesting to know how many neutrals are attending (or non Wigan fans I should say)

To see a side like Penrith live and in the flesh is a big draw for a lot of RL fans so I would imagine there’s a decent amount.

I saw a Saints fan on Twitter that said he personally knew 21 other people going to the game who aren’t Wigan fans. FTV is another example bringing 5 mates with him.

A fair chunk would be neutrals I'd imagine. The demand for tickets has been unprecedented in the history of the fixture (for games not involving the larger city of Leeds).
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:25 pm  
Really tough to put a number on it but when we play Saints on a Good Friday, that brings out lots of casual fans but even then, it’ll only sell out in the week of the game and with 5,000-6,000 Saints fans helping. I do know a few casual Wigan fans who are going who don’t even bother with Good Friday/Grand Finals, so there’s clearly a big appetite for it in the town. I’d imagine there will be a couple of thousand neutrals in the ground on the night.
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:51 pm  
About 3/4 of N2 disappeared in one go, be great if Penrith have organised a fans trip and they're all together in that block
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:22 am  
A few of my friends from Rochdale are going to the game. If anything, a couple are Hornets fans. They just like RL in general.
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:44 pm  
Does anyone know what the capacity has been set at for the Penrith game?
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:59 pm  
JIMMY MAGNETS wrote:
Does anyone know what the capacity has been set at for the Penrith game?

The end blocks of E/W never went on sale, can't see they'd be where they put corporate guests and likewise with the bottom 1/3rd of N1/S1. taking a guess I reckon 23.7k
PreviousNext