FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:11 am  
I buy my ticket online each home game for the South Stand and I think that not leaving a single seat thing pops up when I choose one which would do so. Pretty pointless when it’s unreserved but it would be useful when it is in reserved sections and for busier games.
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:14 pm  
I can see issues with the allocated seats, particularly in the South Stand. It's not the usual set up and you can see all the younger fans wanting to be with their mates at the back. People then find their seats occupied and sit somewhere else and the people with those seats kick off/ sit in somebody else's seat etc etc. Hope there's enough stewards to manage this
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:00 pm  
BoredWiganer wrote:
I have booked tickets for an event at the DW last year (genuinely can't remember which one though) where the ticketing website had a rule set on it that you are not allowed to leave a single seat on it's own and it wouldn't let you complete booking if you did.

I thought that was quite a good workaround to this.

Unless it's next to the Stormtrooper, then it's fine to leave a gap.
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:27 am  
Sold out!!
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:02 am  
This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:23 pm  
Anyone know if it hit 24k ? Can't be far off, I imagine everyone at the club is delighted yet a bit gutted those last few seats aren't available, probably about £30k gone begging.
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:38 pm  
apollosghost wrote:
Anyone know if it hit 24k ? Can't be far off, I imagine everyone at the club is delighted yet a bit gutted those last few seats aren't available, probably about £30k gone begging.

Wouldn't it make sense to get them repaired in time for this game or is it not that simple?
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:55 pm  
apollosghost wrote:

25,133 I’ve just read on a RL website
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:36 pm  
Credit where its due, great effort to sell out with a month to go still.
Re: World Club Challenge - Wigan v Penrith : Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:16 pm  
Phuzzy wrote:
Wouldn't it make sense to get them repaired in time for this game or is it not that simple?

Not as simple as repairing, in that they can't just be repaired I.e sticking plaster.
They can be replaced
New seats and install in effect cost more than the amount brought in by match tickets for this 1 game
There is also other issues re the longer term solution so we can't just say "oh they'd benefit for more matches in future" when in future more changes affecting more seats will be needed as well to achieve a long term solution

If anyone remembers I alluded in the past (both when the Chinese were selling and when the Bahranis ran out of money) that the stadium was in desperate need of money spending on it, neither of them did it.
And as there was the stadium 25yr safety checks coming up and without it their safety licence would be taken away it was all heading for disaster
Top line is, the stadium needs millions spending on it to most importantly to comply with H&S regulations, safety compliance etc and then, just like the ticketing systems there's so much needs doing internally such as air conditioning, telephony etc that needs bringing up to date

There is a massive review of the whole thing going on
They've done well to get to the 24k ish mark they have done so far.
PreviousNext