FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Leigh to be a better prospect than Wigan in 1-2 years
Derek's been on the brandy again.

https://www.totalrl.com/derek-beaumont- ... -warriors/

“12,000 fans in here will look better to a broadcaster than 12,000 in a 25,000 seater stadium,” Beaumont said.

“So, I’m putting it out there, call me crazy or whatever, but we will look a better prospect in the next 12 or 24 months than Wigan Warriors.”
Derek's been on the brandy again.

https://www.totalrl.com/derek-beaumont- ... -warriors/

“12,000 fans in here will look better to a broadcaster than 12,000 in a 25,000 seater stadium,” Beaumont said.

“So, I’m putting it out there, call me crazy or whatever, but we will look a better prospect in the next 12 or 24 months than Wigan Warriors.”
Bless him
Nowt wrong with ambition. If he succeeds then he deserves a huge amount of credit.

I suspect he may be a tad over ambitious though.
He has a point, but when have Leigh had 12,000 on
Egg Chasing wrote:
He has a point, but when have Leigh had 12,000 on

Elton John I think.
Genuinely doubt they’d get 12,000 on if they opened the gates.

I do love Derek though. He’s filling the off season and keeping everyone entertained. I actually do think they’ll be a solid team next season and I wish more owners had ambition.
Can't be ar$ed with the RL 'media' printing his every word for the next 12 months. The guys a tool.
The gauntlet has been thrown down, and what Wigan should do now is ram the gauntlet back down his throat on 23 September by lifting the LLS whilst sending his side back down in front of a sold-out LSV.
Leigh will never be a better prospect than Wigan as long as their key ambition is to better Wigan.

Have been saying this for years to Leythers. That it's no good putting 10,000 fans on just because it's Wigan. They need to turn out in droves for every visitor.

But judging from these comments ... from their chairman, no less, I can't see that attitude changing anytime soon.
He keeps talking like that we should have a good gate come match day at DW.
Derek is entertaining though.
Next