RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - TL to retire
Re: TL to retire : Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:31 am  
Stranger wrote:
Sad but true,the one time Wigan look outwards and the side is transformed,oh well can only hope it carries on.

But what a fantastic player Tommy was,right time to call time though on a great career.

So we are attributing the change all to Briers and not to Peet, Wane and Lockers? I’m certainly not one for giving the job to the next in line internally no matter what and I was against the Peet appointment for that reason but we are seemingly in a good place currently and it’s been said in the past what a great leader and rugby brain Tommy has so this does make sense to me.
Re: TL to retire : Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:55 am  
CobraCraig wrote:
So we are attributing the change all to Briers and not to Peet, Wane and Lockers? I’m certainly not one for giving the job to the next in line internally no matter what and I was against the Peet appointment for that reason but we are seemingly in a good place currently and it’s been said in the past what a great leader and rugby brain Tommy has so this does make sense to me.

Spot on.

This is one of the most Wigan centric coaching groups that we've ever had. People (or should I say those with an axe to grind) just point towards Briers and ignore the fact that practically everyone else is an internal higher.
Re: TL to retire : Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:21 pm  
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:
Sorry but where has all this coaching experience come from?

I remember he was brought in to help with the coaching at Wigan whilst he was still an NRL player, that must have been some years ago.

Pretty sure he has helped out with the national side too.
Re: TL to retire : Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:50 pm  
Enfield St wrote:
I remember he was brought in to help with the coaching at Wigan whilst he was still an NRL player, that must have been some years ago.

Pretty sure he has helped out with the national side too.

He's been coaching as well as playing at Wigan.
Re: TL to retire : Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:52 am  
Thought it was poop tonight, that the club didn't do an on-pitch interview with Tommy straight after the game.
Re: TL to retire : Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:25 am  
Pie Eyed wrote:
Thought it was poop tonight, that the club didn't do an on-pitch interview with Tommy straight after the game.

One of our greatest ever servants in the modern game deserved better.

I must admit, I was disappointed that more people didn’t stop longer to clap him off the field.
Previous