RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Salford
SaleSlim wrote:
SaleSlim Member for 12 years
Free-scoring winger


Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:16 am
Posts: 1556
Re: Salford : Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:09 pm  
thesaint62 wrote:
You keep writing Saints off just how we like it


"I still think Saints will somehow manage to get 3/4 bodies back and have a massive say in things."

Yup I wrote you off! :THINK:

Saints have struggled without Dodd and a number of their 1st choice backline for a while. I'm not saying anything controversial here... your back-up backs just aren't very good (even your own fans have been saying it).

With Croft in the team Salford would be underdogs next week for a number of reasons.

1) Saints have won the last 3 GF's (I won't use the phrase because it's cringey AF! :SICK: )

2) Saints are this year's league leaders.

3) The game is being played at Saints where Salford haven't won in almost 40 years.

Take into account the current form of both sides and you could argue a decent case for Salford to get a result..... instead of it being the usual 95%-5% in Saints favour you could reasonably say maybe 60-40?

However, with Croft now out that's a huge loss so I expect the bookies to give Saints a reasonably comfortable handicap advantage. I'll take a 25% chance though as a Salford fan as this team has mineral and backbone aplenty and we ain't just gonna roll over and hand you your rightful GF place. The Scousers are gonna need to earn it. :mrgreen:
quote="Ruune Rebellion"]No. That’s what you said you idiot which is why you are sexiest lol. Give up you sexiest Imbecile[/quote]
Pie_Eyter wrote:
Pie_Eyter Member for 3 years
Cheeky half-back


Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:44 pm
Posts: 772
Re: Salford : Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:41 pm  
Wish they were Scousers, they'd be easier to understand as opposed to the flem ridden amalgamation of dialect they use.
Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Member for 10 years
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar


Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 3951
Location: Watching Rugby League
Re: Salford : Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:39 pm  
SaleSlim wrote:
this team has mineral and backbone aplenty


Seeing as you're playing Saints at Saints, I wonder if Mr Wilkin's comments will play a part in your pre-match prep.
NickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss Member for 18 years
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar


Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 27593
Location: WIGAN
Re: Salford : Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:46 pm  
It’s such a shame Croft is out. Had he been available I think Salford could’ve got the job done but not now. I still think their spirit and class elsewhere will possibly take the game deep but Saints defence will be too good.

Whatever does happen, it’s been a fantastic season for Salford and one you feel they can build from. All their best players are tied down and they’ll add players for next season. It certainly doesn’t feel like that last GF appearance they had, when they knew they were losing a number of their better players after it.
thesaint62 wrote:
thesaint62 Member for 1 year



Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:55 pm
Posts: 80
Re: Salford : Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:27 pm  
SaleSlim wrote:
"I still think Saints will somehow manage to get 3/4 bodies back and have a massive say in things."

Yup I wrote you off! :THINK:

Saints have struggled without Dodd and a number of their 1st choice backline for a while. I'm not saying anything controversial here... your back-up backs just aren't very good (even your own fans have been saying it).

With Croft in the team Salford would be underdogs next week for a number of reasons.

1) Saints have won the last 3 GF's (I won't use the phrase because it's cringey AF! :SICK: )

2) Saints are this year's league leaders.

3) The game is being played at Saints where Salford haven't won in almost 40 years.

Take into account the current form of both sides and you could argue a decent case for Salford to get a result..... instead of it being the usual 95%-5% in Saints favour you could reasonably say maybe 60-40?

However, with Croft now out that's a huge loss so I expect the bookies to give Saints a reasonably comfortable handicap advantage. I'll take a 25% chance though as a Salford fan as this team has mineral and backbone aplenty and we ain't just gonna roll over and hand you your rightful GF place. The Scousers are gonna need to earn it. :mrgreen:

You said Wigan are favourites and Salford second favourites oh and how original calling us scousers
SaleSlim wrote:
SaleSlim Member for 12 years
Free-scoring winger


Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:16 am
Posts: 1556
Re: Salford : Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:03 pm  
thesaint62 wrote:
You said Wigan are favourites and Salford second favourites oh and how original calling us scousers


Soz la. :D

That last quote was from 2 weeks ago.... you know that sometimes things change in life right? Salford have lost their best player and Saints apparently are getting 4 or 5 players back for next week. Given that will give them a huge boost and they have home advantage I think it's reasonable to now change my mind don't you?
quote="Ruune Rebellion"]No. That’s what you said you idiot which is why you are sexiest lol. Give up you sexiest Imbecile[/quote]
thesaint62 wrote:
thesaint62 Member for 1 year


Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:55 pm
Posts: 80
Re: Salford : Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:29 pm  
SaleSlim wrote:
Soz la. :D

That last quote was from 2 weeks ago.... you know that sometimes things change in life right? Salford have lost their best player and Saints apparently are getting 4 or 5 players back for next week. Given that will give them a huge boost and they have home advantage I think it's reasonable to now change my mind don't you?

Fair enough esp as Brierly and Lafai could missing too
Zig wrote:
Zig Member for 1 year
Strong-running second rower


Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:44 am
Posts: 363
Re: Salford : Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:14 pm  
Saints will win.
bazdev wrote:
bazdev Member for 19 years
Cheeky half-back


Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:19 pm
Posts: 674
Re: Salford : Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:50 am  
thesaint62 wrote:
Fair enough esp as Brierly and Lafai could missing too


There is not a prayer that Brierley gets banned. It was a professional foul. No contact with the head.
Zig wrote:
Zig Member for 1 year
Strong-running second rower


Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:44 am
Posts: 363
Re: Salford : Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:45 am  
bazdev wrote:
There is not a prayer that Brierley gets banned. It was a professional foul. No contact with the head.


I agree, Tomkins did similar a few weeks ago and no further action was taken, which was the correct decision. I would be surprised if anybody gets banned from Leeds or Salford- the rules seem to have changed.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bigredwarrior, BoredWiganer, dr_feelgood, glee, Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, hatty, Itchy Arsenal, LewCharnock, MadDogg, MattyB, nathan_rugby, NickyKiss, Rogues Gallery, sergeant pepper, Simba16 and 251 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
3m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Shinedown
17944
6m
BORED The Band Name Game
Shinedown
35269
15m
Another player
Wanderer
31
35m
UK Asylum seekers
wrencat1873
166
37m
Squad numbers
Dunkirk Spir
37
38m
Langi
wrencat1873
38
43m
Shopping List 2023
GrahamBray
3387
57m
What we currently look like for 2023
BarnsleyGull
892
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
46s
Shopping List 2023
GrahamBray
3387
1m
Another player
Wanderer
31
1m
Squad numbers
Dunkirk Spir
37
2m
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
KineticRR
51
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Shinedown
35269
3m
Channel 4
KineticRR
6
4m
Introducing myself
Trinity info
4
4m
UK Asylum seekers
wrencat1873
166
4m
Read this in League Express
glee
1
4m
Contibutors
PopTart
4
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Read this in the latest issue of League Express
glee
1
TODAY
Langi
wrencat1873
38
TODAY
Football World Cup
SouthStander
2
TODAY
Oh no not again
Victor
2
TODAY
Contibutors
PopTart
4
TODAY
Read this in League Express
glee
1
TODAY
Jotform
Dunkirk Spir
2
TODAY
Introducing myself
Trinity info
4
TODAY
Friendlies
Pumpetypump
3
TODAY
Channel 4
KineticRR
6
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
6039
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1961
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2990
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1783
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1895
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1959
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4694
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2203
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2795
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2694
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2635
England Top Group A With Big W..
2353
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
2148
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3376
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2677
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.4Million 1,705 ↑3479,3169,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Sat 18th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R1
13:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Fri 24th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Wigan
v
Wakefield
 Fri 3rd Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R3
20:00
Castleford
v
Wigan
 Thu 9th Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R4
20:00
Wigan
v
Catalans
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 16th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Leeds
Fri 17th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Salford
Sat 18th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Hull KR-Wigan
WCC2023
07:00
Penrith-St.Helens
Thu 23rd Feb
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Hull KR
Fri 24th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leeds-Hull FC
Sun 26th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Castleford-St.Helens
Thu 2nd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Salford
Fri 3rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
St.Helens-Leeds
Thu 9th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Wigan-Catalans
Fri 10th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull FC 0 0 0 0 0
Catalans 0 0 0 0 0
Huddersfield 0 0 0 0 0
Leigh 0 0 0 0 0
St.Helens 0 0 0 0 0
Castleford 0 0 0 0 0
 
Wakefield 0 0 0 0 0
Leeds 0 0 0 0 0
Hull KR 0 0 0 0 0
Warrington 0 0 0 0 0
Salford 0 0 0 0 0
Wigan 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
3m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Shinedown
17944
6m
BORED The Band Name Game
Shinedown
35269
15m
Another player
Wanderer
31
35m
UK Asylum seekers
wrencat1873
166
37m
Squad numbers
Dunkirk Spir
37
38m
Langi
wrencat1873
38
43m
Shopping List 2023
GrahamBray
3387
57m
What we currently look like for 2023
BarnsleyGull
892
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
46s
Shopping List 2023
GrahamBray
3387
1m
Another player
Wanderer
31
1m
Squad numbers
Dunkirk Spir
37
2m
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
KineticRR
51
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Shinedown
35269
3m
Channel 4
KineticRR
6
4m
Introducing myself
Trinity info
4
4m
UK Asylum seekers
wrencat1873
166
4m
Read this in League Express
glee
1
4m
Contibutors
PopTart
4
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Read this in the latest issue of League Express
glee
1
TODAY
Langi
wrencat1873
38
TODAY
Football World Cup
SouthStander
2
TODAY
Oh no not again
Victor
2
TODAY
Contibutors
PopTart
4
TODAY
Read this in League Express
glee
1
TODAY
Jotform
Dunkirk Spir
2
TODAY
Introducing myself
Trinity info
4
TODAY
Friendlies
Pumpetypump
3
TODAY
Channel 4
KineticRR
6
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
6039
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1961
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2990
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1783
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1895
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1959
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4694
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2203
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2795
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2694
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2635
England Top Group A With Big W..
2353
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
2148
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3376
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2677


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!