FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
MadDogg wrote:
Good Friday looks like being very tricky for Wigan with most players out until April and May - we'll get injury news on Cooper and Leeming this week but I'd be very surprised if they were available for the Saints game. Getting points against lesser teams in the meantime should be very doable though and provides a good opportunity for Chan, Hill, Forber, Makin etc.


If we had a good run between now and then we should still be able to get out Thompson, Byrne, Ellis, Dupree, Mago and Hill in the middle and Nsemba will hopefully be back to help out Faz and Isa. The depth is crazy to be fair. If pretty much any other side had 8/9 forwards ruled out, as we may have out on Friday (Havard, Eseh, Nsemba, Walters, Leeming, Cooper, Ellis, Thompson and Byrne) I don't think they'd think they had a chance of competing against most other sides.
MadDogg wrote:
Good Friday looks like being very tricky for Wigan with most players out until April and May - we'll get injury news on Cooper and Leeming this week but I'd be very surprised if they were available for the Saints game. Getting points against lesser teams in the meantime should be very doable though and provides a good opportunity for Chan, Hill, Forber, Makin etc.


Can we not include Saints in the lesser team category as they have Jack Sh*t in their cabinet,Leigh have more :wink:
NickyKiss wrote:
If we had a good run between now and then we should still be able to get out Thompson, Byrne, Ellis, Dupree, Mago and Hill in the middle and Nsemba will hopefully be back to help out Faz and Isa. The depth is crazy to be fair. If pretty much any other side had 8/9 forwards ruled out, as we may have out on Friday (Havard, Eseh, Nsemba, Walters, Leeming, Cooper, Ellis, Thompson and Byrne) I don't think they'd think they had a chance of competing against most other sides.


Can’t see a Wigan win Good Friday as it will take a while to get up to speed again as always seems to be the case for teams after a WCC win. If we would have lost it’s a different story.
In terms of injuries we know Walters & Havard are defo out of that fixture but not heard about anyone else so could still be quite strong.
It's pointless trying to work out if we will win on Good Friday when the game is over a month away. Especially when you take into consideration:

Players coming back from injury, future injuries, future bans, form going into the game. That's just us. Same goes for Saints, lots can happen in four weeks. (A fortnight ago we only had Havard and Junior on the injury list).
That said, if we can grab a win against Huddersfield at home at the weekend then that goes a long way to getting back on the SL track, assuming no further losses to players.
Home section officially sold out. Given that Wigan will sell their allocation this is another sell out.

Let's hope that both sides have the star names available and no injuries/bans preventing us watching the best. Should be a cracker.
Stu M wrote:
Home section officially sold out. Given that Wigan will sell their allocation this is another sell out.

Let's hope that both sides have the star names available and no injuries/bans preventing us watching the best. Should be a cracker.


Brilliant news with a month to go, I just hope we don't get drawn against each other in the cup the week before, IMO it'll just take something away from GF, probably jinxed it now and guaranteed that does happen :oops:
Stu M wrote:
Home section officially sold out. Given that Wigan will sell their allocation this is another sell out.

Let's hope that both sides have the star names available and no injuries/bans preventing us watching the best. Should be a cracker.

Get the red carpet ready for the world champs




The fan drop off across the sports seems a thing of the past, love that games are selling out way in advance, well done to saints!
Should be a great day. Saints will be after blood on the back of us (and Leigh) clearing out their trophy cabinet. The game won’t have much of a bearing on the season as a whole but it should be some game and some atmosphere.
You're only here coz it's Wigan !
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apollosghost, Cruncher, leg_end, MadDogg, moto748, WWste, YosemiteSam and 137 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors