RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:10 pm  
Hwigan wrote:
All I'm gonna say guys is this isn't a paper talk rumour and this hasn't just been made up . Pryce to wigan here we go . Call me fabrizio romano haha

Potential blagger
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:19 pm  
Looks like another LeBron account
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:20 pm  
sergeant pepper wrote:
It's nothing against Pryce as a player. He's a top talent for sure. It's about overall needs and weaknesses in the squad imo. 6 isn't a position we're struggling with. 2nd row, looks more of an issue imo.

Yes IF there was anything in it then it wouldn't overly excite me. Lots of potential but very raw with some serious weaknesses in his game just now. I personally would prefer us to spend the off season working on a French-Field-Smith combo with Cust providing some variety at 9.

Assuming Bateman goes, you would ideally find a sizeable backrower from the southern hemisphere to replace him but the overseas quota is full. This may be where the Mago rumours are coming from but I personally would like to see how he goes in his 2nd year after a full off season (good to see him in the pre-season training pics earlier this week).
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:45 pm  
sergeant pepper wrote:
It's nothing against Pryce as a player. He's a top talent for sure. It's about overall needs and weaknesses in the squad imo. 6 isn't a position we're struggling with. 2nd row, looks more of an issue imo.

We have the best second rower in the league last season, one of the best loose forwards, arguably the best second row prospect in the league and an England international and a another potential cracker coming through the ranks in Nsemba, add to that Isa who never lets anyone down. I’m not sure it’s that much of an issue at 2nd row.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:29 pm  
CobraCraig wrote:
We have the best second rower in the league last season, one of the best loose forwards, arguably the best second row prospect in the league and an England international and a another potential cracker coming through the ranks in Nsemba, add to that Isa who never lets anyone down. I’m not sure it’s that much of an issue at 2nd row.

Undoubtedly true. I'd however say that two won't be here in 2024 (KPP and Isa). If we could bring in a big 2nd row, I'd be har happier than Pryce.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:12 pm  
sergeant pepper wrote:
Looks like another LeBron account

Definitely.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:24 pm  
Cruncher wrote:
In truth, not many of these suggestions are hitting the 'whole British game will be happy' mark.

Whoever started this rumour, they certainly set a high bar.

I agree. What would be classed as 'good for the British Game', I'd say it would have to be in this order:

1. Redevelopment of Robin Park at least 15k.

2. Purchase of DW stadium.

3. Mike Danson to take over from IL.

4. Major signing - Such as Owen Farrell.

However I'm calling BS.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:56 pm  
MattyB wrote:
I agree. What would be classed as 'good for the British Game', I'd say it would have to be in this order:

1. Redevelopment of Robin Park at least 15k.

2. Purchase of DW stadium.

3. Mike Danson to take over from IL.

4. Major signing - Such as Owen Farrell.

However I'm calling BS.

1 & 3 with the addition of Luke Thompson would be good
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:08 pm  
I'll accept apologies in due time . Done deal
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:32 pm  
Hwigan wrote:
I'll accept apologies in due time . Done deal

Will Pryce is not exciting anyone .
PreviousNext