FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Oh no not again?
Oh no not again? : Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:33 pm  
Surely it could not happen again?

A piece in the Daily Mail saying Todd Boehly at Chelsea is looking at options for the Chelsea ladies team moving out of their Kingsmeadow ground as it is too small for redevelopment and are looking at 10,000 seater stadiums.The piece does mention Plough Lane.
But if that ground became available at Kingsmeadow would Hughes bite?

Boehly is very keen to improve the ladies facilities as they are not really up to scratch compared to the mens teams.
Re: Oh no not again? : Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:51 pm  
I am sure that, if Chelsea come knocking at Wimbledon, I cannot see any scenario where Broncos are not shown the door.
Re: Oh no not again? : Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:02 pm  
Ladies games are played at Plough Lane as it is. I don’t see it being the end of the world, unless the good people of Merton give up on their long standing Nimbyism or more likely are too distracted by their tussle with the All England Tennis Club.
Re: Oh no not again? : Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:27 pm  
Re: Oh no not again? : Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:18 pm  
Riverside Red wrote:
Ladies games are played at Plough Lane as it is. I don’t see it being the end of the world, unless the good people of Merton give up on their long standing Nimbyism or more likely are too distracted by their tussle with the All England Tennis Club.

Not really worried about the residents of Plough Lane, more the fact that Chelsea will want the best pitch possible for their ladies considering they play in Europe as well.The pitch would not take three football games and one rugby game on it a week minimum and womens premier league games are played on Sundays clashing with Broncos games.
Re: Oh no not again? : Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:13 am  
If this did happen, Kingsmeadow may well not become available. Chelsea moved their U23 etc set up there from Aldershot's ground. I can't see them also decamping to Wimbledon.
Re: Oh no not again? : Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:41 pm  
will Chelsea Ladies have a wire kit for their first season at PL? if they do move to Merton
Re: Oh no not again? : Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:08 am  
No one has a wire kit as you inevitably end up at the bottom. Even Wire have got rid of it this season :)