FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Announcements?
Re: Announcements? : Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:03 pm  
Which means we are down to 16 plus 6 youngsters. Based on my limited exposure last season, it takes a while (age wise) to play a part on the first team. Hoyes and Allen started at York and Parke and Bill Leyland were Interchanges. York scraped home eventually. So the youngsters can contribute, but need to be doing that from a position of strength (depth). Not sure a team who's match 17 (sorry 16 now !) is around mid table level can support having inexperienced youngsters as their immediate replacements.

Perhaps the two new coaches (where are they?) may find themselves asked to don match kit!

Did smile at Ethan Natoli's interview. " professional Rugby League campaign in the UK with London Broncos ". I was busy trying to work out what part of the London Broncos set-up was professional. I came to the conclusion it was the League rather than the club!

Big Time's list of departures was very good. Accepting there were players in that list for which they needed to be playing a League lower than the Championship, we've lost more match day first choice players than we've gained, plus a big hit on the next level depth. Only four new players (Natoli, Raiwalui, Bassett and Stock. Everybody else (except Howorth perhaps) played for the Broncos last season. Siti, Curran, Foster, Gahan, Tuialatu and Palumbo would have all been amongst the starters, interchanges or as a minimum next in line.
Re: Announcements? : Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:22 pm  
Before the start of last season we all felt, at best, that the volume of L1 players coming in was a gamble. As the numbers increased the concern only grew. We now know we were absolutely right to be concerned - our L1 coach had a good working knowledge of L1 players but the volume brought in and perhaps the quality just weren’t right. On the face of it pretty predictable.
It looks to me like Eccles has been good at getting the L1 players off our books, theoretically freeing up funds, but unfortunately we now seem to have trouble attracting anyone else. We can’t keep hoping ex players will return or that Academy players will come through- the attrition rate is too high. We appear to be in some difficulties. We have to pin our hopes on a strong start to the season and hope to build momentum ....but the squad is paper thin. That Haven game away in particular is a potential win. Will we do it? Really confusing two steps forward, two steps back.
Re: Announcements? : Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:27 pm  
Smithers99 wrote:
Which means we are down to 16 plus 6 youngsters. Based on my limited exposure last season, it takes a while (age wise) to play a part on the first team. Hoyes and Allen started at York and Parke and Bill Leyland were Interchanges. York scraped home eventually. So the youngsters can contribute, but need to be doing that from a position of strength (depth). Not sure a team who's match 17 (sorry 16 now !) is around mid table level can support having inexperienced youngsters as their immediate replacements.

Perhaps the two new coaches (where are they?) may find themselves asked to don match kit!

Did smile at Ethan Natoli's interview. " professional Rugby League campaign in the UK with London Broncos ". I was busy trying to work out what part of the London Broncos set-up was professional. I came to the conclusion it was the League rather than the club!

Big Time's list of departures was very good. Accepting there were players in that list for which they needed to be playing a League lower than the Championship, we've lost more match day first choice players than we've gained, plus a big hit on the next level depth. Only four new players (Natoli, Raiwalui, Bassett and Stock. Everybody else (except Howorth perhaps) played for the Broncos last season. Siti, Curran, Foster, Gahan, Tuialatu and Palumbo would have all been amongst the starters, interchanges or as a minimum next in line.

Also Smithers for all the chat about bringing in World Cup players we’ve actually lost as many as we’ve gained with both Tuilatu and Palumbo going. So that’s all good.
Re: Announcements? : Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:53 pm  
BigTime. Aren't we actually down on World Cup players with Siti and Gahan departing to make it four so a net loss of two?
Re: Announcements? : Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:13 pm  
Smithers99 wrote:
BigTime. Aren't we actually down on World Cup players with Siti and Gahan departing to make it four so a net loss of two?

You’re right! We’ve excelled ourselves. I understand from loverugbyleague.com that the club have assured them they’ll provide an update on Situ and Curran shortly. Which I assume will be they’ve left. We are very reactive about our announcements. They only mention Palumbo when everyone does the maths on the squad numbers and realises he’s missing......and I’m still awaiting the announcement that Juma etc have joined let alone that they’ve left!
Re: Announcements? : Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:16 pm  
Could end up the first 4 spectators through the gate get a place on the bench at this rate.
Re: Announcements? : Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:10 am  
Deadcowboys1 wrote:
Could end up the first 4 spectators through the gate get a place on the bench at this rate.

I think I saw a poster in local cafe to that effect. Just scan QR code. Bring your own shirt obviously....as we don’t have any.
Re: Announcements? : Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:25 pm  
BigTime wrote:
I think I saw a poster in local cafe to that effect. Just scan QR code. Bring your own shirt obviously....as we don’t have any.


No 2 players being allowed to wear the same shirt from our vast & varied designs. :D
Re: Announcements? : Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:00 pm  
BigTime wrote:
I assume we’ll be playing our Academy side in the Capital Challenge...too risky to play any of our 1st team squad surely?
Squad announced is basically the first team. I assume it's the only players we've got.
Re: Announcements? : Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:11 pm  
jbuzza wrote:
Squad announced is basically the first team. I assume it's the only players we've got.

That looks about right Buzza.. let’s hope Skolars aren’t competitive or we could be in strife for 1st few rounds of Championship.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BRIXTON, Deadcowboys1, northernbloke, RfE, Victor and 77 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to London Broncos