FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Ken, Are you reading?
RankPostsTeam
International Star590
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 17 201310 years260th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 22:4414th Apr 24 13:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Ken, Are you reading? : Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:37 pm  
Watson is pulling the wool over your eyes. This season was over before it began when he failed to notice what was blatantly obvious to anyone who was watched rugby for any amount of time, he failed to recruit in the areas we are obviously weak. We have a shocking three quarter line (only Naiqama is anywhere near the required standard), and lack pace in the halves and Watsons answer was to sign more forwards and the slowest outside back in the league (Jake Connor)

As recently as this week, he said he signed Milner because we 'need a bigger body in the middle'. He has no clue what he is doing, SIDES ARE CRUCIFYING US DOWN THE WINGS and with pace from acting half.

This the team HE built, the team HE said would be competing against St helens regularly every year. The team HE said would build into the season, the team HE said would be fine once we got our first choice spine back. We currently have three injured players, less than nearly any other team and yet in his interview with Sky today he blamed not having Olly Russell in the spine as to why we are not clicking. NO other super league side would touch Olly Russell, he is championship standard, NO other superleague side would touch Nathan Peats, he is championship standard, NO other supeleague side would touch Adam Milner , he is past it.

Please get rid of Watson before he lumbers us with anymore deadwood, we already have Nathan peats occupying an overseas spot for 3 years, and Adam Miler for at least 2. He is going to keep making more terrible signings and wasting your money. I know you were taken in by him as we all were when we got him, but he has no clue what he is doing as a coach. He does not identify the right areas we need to improve, he is now signing terrible players.

Look at the players who either didn't want to play for him or he didn't rate. Jake Wardle, Ricky Leutele, Owen Trout, Aidan Sezer, Kruise Leeming (not sure if he left before watson arrived) , all quality attacking players and what we have replaced them with. If it wasn't for Wakefield this year we would be FULLY embroiled in a relegation battle.

Get rid of him now
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Jun 23 07:504th Jun 23 18:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Huddersfield Giants - "We know our place"

Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:41 pm  
Completely agree.
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player104No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 11 20222 years315th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 10:5327th Mar 24 10:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:05 pm  
Hangerman2 wrote:
Watson is pulling the wool over your eyes. This season was over before it began when he failed to notice what was blatantly obvious to anyone who was watched rugby for any amount of time, he failed to recruit in the areas we are obviously weak. We have a shocking three quarter line (only Naiqama is anywhere near the required standard), and lack pace in the halves and Watsons answer was to sign more forwards and the slowest outside back in the league (Jake Connor)

As recently as this week, he said he signed Milner because we 'need a bigger body in the middle'. He has no clue what he is doing, SIDES ARE CRUCIFYING US DOWN THE WINGS and with pace from acting half.

This the team HE built, the team HE said would be competing against St helens regularly every year. The team HE said would build into the season, the team HE said would be fine once we got our first choice spine back. We currently have three injured players, less than nearly any other team and yet in his interview with Sky today he blamed not having Olly Russell in the spine as to why we are not clicking. NO other super league side would touch Olly Russell, he is championship standard, NO other superleague side would touch Nathan Peats, he is championship standard, NO other supeleague side would touch Adam Milner , he is past it.

Please get rid of Watson before he lumbers us with anymore deadwood, we already have Nathan peats occupying an overseas spot for 3 years, and Adam Miler for at least 2. He is going to keep making more terrible signings and wasting your money. I know you were taken in by him as we all were when we got him, but he has no clue what he is doing as a coach. He does not identify the right areas we need to improve, he is now signing terrible players.

Look at the players who either didn't want to play for him or he didn't rate. Jake Wardle, Ricky Leutele, Owen Trout, Aidan Sezer, Kruise Leeming (not sure if he left before watson arrived) , all quality attacking players and what we have replaced them with. If it wasn't for Wakefield this year we would be FULLY embroiled in a relegation battle.

Get rid of him now

Leeming left Giants in 2019 & was before Watsons time.

From what I've heard from certain people Sezer was an arrogant so & so who upset a few of the players & off field staff.

I'm not for one minute defending Watson after watching that tripe earlier either, the players look disinterested, lacked any kind of passion in their play & christ knows what our game plan is.

I sent a text to a mate of mine, I'm just fed up, fed up of signing these over 30s who are coming in for a last pay cheque & pension.

I looked at that team today & for the 1st time, I thought he's bloody lost it - Cudjoe in the 2nd row! Are you serious right now, he's a centre, always will be a centre.

As we've already spoken about before, the lack of pace in our team is frightening, we have 1 (Naiqama).

The balance of the squad is all over the shot, far too many forwards, not enough backs.

Not seen his interview & have no interest in even listening if he thinks Olly Russell is the answer - as you say he's a Championship halve at best.

I've written this season off, maybe even next year as well, we aren't good enough.

I get sick to the back teeth of hearing how strong this squad is, its weak, there's zero fight in any of them - what reay boils my p**s is watching the players after (Peats, Fages & Naiqama) all having a natter & smiling after that performance.

Get rid - rebuild.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1616
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 20159 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 21:403rd Apr 24 17:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:02 pm  
We are completely stuffed, It's embarrassing after the kind of money M.r Davy has spent. In my opinion any one of the other teams playing this weekend would have beaten us with ease. We need a coach of the calibre of Nathan brown or at least one who can motivate the players and we need to shift out half that squad, If that doesn't happen before the end of this season that will be me done and once i pack it in i wont be back. Mr Watson says we will be ok going forward, what gives him that idea is beyond me.
RankPostsTeam
International Star590
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 17 201310 years260th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:56 pm  
Jo Jumbuck wrote:
We are completely stuffed, It's embarrassing after the kind of money M.r Davy has spent. In my opinion any one of the other teams playing this weekend would have beaten us with ease. We need a coach of the calibre of Nathan brown or at least one who can motivate the players and we need to shift out half that squad, If that doesn't happen before the end of this season that will be me done and once i pack it in i wont be back. Mr Watson says we will be ok going forward, what gives him that idea is beyond me.

We have only had two quality coaches, Nathan Brown and Tony Smith. Look what Tony is now doing with Hull once he is starting to put him stamp on the side. Hoy and Clifford are quality and run the show. I said earlier in the year that we have the second worst spine in superleague, and i fully stick by it, we are truly woeful with the ball. Connor and Lolohea do exactly the same job. We have too many chiefs and not enough indians, and the chiefs we have are all the same ilk, slow with decent distribution, but who are they distributing to?! We have ZERO proven tryscorers amongst the wingers and clearly this is a year too far for Jerry. It would be forgivable if this was a side Watson inherited (Like Smith and Hull) and he was transitioning but is absolutely is not.

As for coaching, last year there were a few set moves which worked for the early part of the year, once sides got wise to them we could not score for love nor money. Since then there has been ZERO development in attacking shape. Every side i have watched this year have exposed Hurrell in defence due to his poor mobility, we didn't attempt to do that even once, not that we have the players to do it anyway.

His signings this year have all been truly woeful, barring Naiqama, who would look much better with better service:
Rushton - Looks good, but didn't need another prop, now we have lost Trout as a result who was in my opinion better
Bibby - Worst winger i have seen for a long time, no pace makes bad reads in defence, but clearly one of Watsons favourites
Connor - Does the same job as Lolohea, now neither of them is playing well, lacks pace when pace is what we needed
Peats - Awful knee jerk reaction signing to losing Levi, overseas to boot, no pace, how many times does he scoot in a game? One, or none
Livett - Didn't need another forward, added nothing we didn't already have,
Milner - So bad Cas who have only won three times all year didn't want to retain him after this year
Marsters - All style and no substance, looks good out of D, offloads the ball, can't find the tryline and woeful in defence

You can tell that Sky pundits spend absolutely no time analysing our side as they all somehow think (like Watson) that we have a good squad. What we have is a ridiculously imbalanced squad, with some of our poorest players in the spine, the most important part of any side.
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player104No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 11 20222 years315th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 10:5327th Mar 24 10:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:20 pm  
Hangerman2 wrote:
We have only had two quality coaches, Nathan Brown and Tony Smith. Look what Tony is now doing with Hull once he is starting to put him stamp on the side. Hoy and Clifford are quality and run the show. I said earlier in the year that we have the second worst spine in superleague, and i fully stick by it, we are truly woeful with the ball. Connor and Lolohea do exactly the same job. We have too many chiefs and not enough indians, and the chiefs we have are all the same ilk, slow with decent distribution, but who are they distributing to?! We have ZERO proven tryscorers amongst the wingers and clearly this is a year too far for Jerry. It would be forgivable if this was a side Watson inherited (Like Smith and Hull) and he was transitioning but is absolutely is not.

As for coaching, last year there were a few set moves which worked for the early part of the year, once sides got wise to them we could not score for love nor money. Since then there has been ZERO development in attacking shape. Every side i have watched this year have exposed Hurrell in defence due to his poor mobility, we didn't attempt to do that even once, not that we have the players to do it anyway.

His signings this year have all been truly woeful, barring Naiqama, who would look much better with better service:
Rushton - Looks good, but didn't need another prop, now we have lost Trout as a result who was in my opinion better
Bibby - Worst winger i have seen for a long time, no pace makes bad reads in defence, but clearly one of Watsons favourites
Connor - Does the same job as Lolohea, now neither of them is playing well, lacks pace when pace is what we needed
Peats - Awful knee jerk reaction signing to losing Levi, overseas to boot, no pace, how many times does he scoot in a game? One, or none
Milner - So bad Cas who have only won three times all year didn't want to retain him after this year
Marsters - All style and no substance, looks good out of D, offloads the ball, can't find the tryline and woeful in defence

You can tell that Sky pundits spend absolutely no time analysing our side as they all somehow think (like Watson) that we have a good squad. What we have is a ridiculously imbalanced squad, with some of our poorest players in the spine, the most important part of any side.

It's okay, Olly Russell is back next week against Wire.....
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Jun 23 07:504th Jun 23 18:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Huddersfield Giants - "We know our place"

Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:42 pm  
Hangerman2 wrote:

Can't argue with any of that. I've read a lot times that "on paper Huddersfield have their strongest squad for years" but I just can't see it myself.
RankPostsTeam
International Star590
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 17 201310 years260th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:52 pm  
Steve May wrote:
Can't argue with any of that. I've read a lot times that "on paper Huddersfield have their strongest squad for years" but I just can't see it myself.

Let's compare with says Salford, Watsons old team and compare spine and backs man for man:

Full back - Lolohea v Brierley (lolohea better)
Winger - Burgess v Jerry or Bibby (Burgess better, sorry Jerry you were great once)
Winger - Sio v Senior or Halsall (Sio by a mile)
Centre - Marsters v Lafai (Lafai by a mile)
Centre - Naiqama v Watkins (Tough one this, different players on current form Watkins)

Stand off - Croft v Connor, Pryce, or Russell (Croft by a mile)
Scrum Half - Sneyd v Fages (Sneyd)
Hooker - Ackers v Peets, O'Brien and Milner combined! (Ackers still by a mile!)

I would think it difficult for anyone to make different choices if offered both players for their teams, and yet we have a 'great squad'. This is before you look at combinations and mixing pace, passing ability, kicking game etc, which when you do Salford go further ahead as a lot of our players have identical skillsets.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain131
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 09 20167 years293rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Mar 24 07:2817th Mar 24 07:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:05 am  
After attending the Magic weekend which we do every year, I am really upset at our total inadequacies across the whole team. I know that players dont go out and deliberately under perform to p**s me off but every other team I watched over the weekend would have done a job on us except maybe Wakefield. I am at a loss to understand what Ian Watson is trying to do so much so that I have cancelled all my plans and travel to Warrington on Saturday and chucked my season ticket in the bin. After the Hull away game I said I was done but after the last five games I certainly am now.
RankPostsTeam
International Star590
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 17 201310 years260th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Ken, Are you reading? : Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:09 pm  
WelshGiant wrote:
It's okay, Olly Russell is back next week against Wire.....

Thank god Olly was playing today, i have no idea what we would have done without his tipping the ball on to the man outside him and giving away three tries. Don't think i would have noticed he was playing if not for the two missed tackles that directly led to tries and the one he missed in the air that led to another.
Next