Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Confirmed 2023 squad
Re: Confirmed 2023 squad : Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:10 pm  
Vancouver Leyther wrote:
Agreed on this.
Also more press on Nene to Leeds yesterday (Leeds Live) saying the move is almost complete.

I don't think Nene plays to his full potential plus his defence needs a lot of work. He missed the 2nd half against England and the defence on that side improved.
Re: Confirmed 2023 squad : Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:51 pm  
When the rumour first circulated about Leutele to Leigh and Nene to Leeds, it seemed like losing a good player to gain a good player. Leutele is a proper centre and potentially in tandem with Hardaker is a formidable pairing. McDonald does not offer that edge play and looks a little iffy against big wide players.

Personally let him go, use the Salary cap to buy a British monster Prop, if we can snag one.
Re: Confirmed 2023 squad : Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:35 am  
[url][/url]If I was Derek I’d be pulling out all the stops to get Hill from Huddersfield, offer a 2 year deal to give him some security. Hill would be the final piece for me a big minutes middle.

Same way we got Higham back.
Re: Confirmed 2023 squad : Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:14 am  
Prior to this World Cup a lot of folk would have pooh-poohed that suggestion, Binosh, but he has more than justified Wane's faith in him and there's a Chris Hill shaped hole in next season's Leigh team.

Bring him home.
Re: Confirmed 2023 squad : Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:16 am  
Now watch him have a stinker as England crash out this afternoon! :lol:
Re: Confirmed 2023 squad : Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:42 pm  
Bent&Bongser wrote:
Now watch him have a stinker as England crash out this afternoon! :lol:

Hilly had a blinder and played long minutes again, but you put the hex on us Bongser :wink:
I’d have him back for at least next season if there is any way to make it happen.
Re: Confirmed 2023 squad : Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:43 pm  
Bongser feels like he's played (vainly) for 80 minutes! At least Addo-Carr won't get a crack at a rather dodgy English right.

Go Samoa in The Final!
Re: Confirmed 2023 squad : Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:34 pm  
Vancouver Leyther wrote:
.... you put the hex on us Bongser :wink: .....

Not Bongser's doing, Vanners. Forget the haka (or whatever the Samoan equivalent is called), England were doomed from the moment they responded to a beefy contralto belting out the opposing anthem with a twee little tenor - where do we repeatedly unearth this crud from? Didn't pay attention at the time but "God Save The King" is generally played in G major. A decent bass-baritone would be able to cadence upwards in that key if that's what the hoi polloi crave!
Re: Confirmed 2023 squad : Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:43 pm  
Bent&Bongser wrote:
Not Bongser's doing, Vanners. Forget the haka (or whatever the Samoan equivalent is called), England were doomed from the moment they responded to a beefy contralto belting out the opposing anthem with a twee little tenor - where do we repeatedly unearth this crud from? Didn't pay attention at the time but "God Save The King" is generally played in G major. A decent bass-baritone would be able to cadence upwards in that key if that's what the hoi polloi crave!

That’s funny. I actually said a way less educated version of what you said to my son :lol:
Give us rousing version the whole stadium can get behind and sing with.
Re: Confirmed 2023 squad : Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:06 pm  
Bent&Bongser wrote:

Bongser I can’t remember the rendition in the Thomas Burke you treated everyone to , but I’m sure you giving a half time or even a pre match Aria would stir the loins on even the most ardent of fans , backed by a couple of Leopardesses.
PreviousNext