FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Is Bevan French a Leyther?
Re: Is Bevan French a Leyther? : Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:32 am  
From my earlier post regarding his signing with the Knights, I have since read the plans for next season for the Knights. One is they are thinking of moving Kailyn Ponga into the halves which then sees them needing a full back, hence Bevan French, however it seems they are trying to lure Rueben Garrick from Manly to fill that void. There is now no mention of Bevan French signing and that they have not much room on the salary cap as they have invested heavily in there pack. So now it could be possible he has decided to either stay with Wigan, but play on the wing, which is not his preferred position or sign for us and play full back, if the rumours are true that Caleb is homesick and wants to return to Aus.
Re: Is Bevan French a Leyther? : Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:25 am  
Vancouver Leyther wrote:
I would like to dispel any rumours re my recent visit to Uk and LSV.
I was not there to sign for next season.
I am however still available if Derek is interested, to sign as the lucky mascot. My recent last two games attended history is 2-0.
1 - present for the last SL win against Saints in 2017 (my previous last game attended)
2 - present for the record breaking century game v York.
(I was also present in 1987 for our previous highest score tally).
As for other rumours,
- yes, I did meet up with Bongser and Charlie C
- yes, I was present when Bongser sang opera in the Thomas Burke (you had to be there and he sang very well I may add)
- yes, before I came back, I did get boo’d at The Hawk Pub in Hawkley Hall, Wigan, when I sang karaoke, as Wigoon played live on the TV in the pub, and I proudly ended my rendition of “Never Gonna Give You Up” by saying “Up The Leythers !”

Other than that, Beven French, I have no idea but IF we tried I trust Derek and Co gave it all they could and I’m sure we have/or will, tempt some very good players to add to our known 2023 squad.

Good morning VL , I’m back on the Forum as my daughter has sorted my password, it was great meeting you a couple of weeks ago , I still recovering from Bongsers stint at being Pavarotti , although he was good , certainly made the pub silent .
Anyway getting back on thread , my opinion is French will. Move to Oz , though if there is half a chance Derek will put a bid in , and if we don’t sign him we will get someone just as good , I have faith in Derek and Lammy .Charlie knows .
Re: Is Bevan French a Leyther? : Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:55 am  
The Charlie Caroli wrote:
Good morning VL , I’m back on the Forum as my daughter has sorted my password, it was great meeting you a couple of weeks ago , I still recovering from Bongsers stint at being Pavarotti , although he was good , certainly made the pub silent .
Anyway getting back on thread , my opinion is French will. Move to Oz , though if there is half a chance Derek will put a bid in , and if we don’t sign him we will get someone just as good , I have faith in Derek and Lammy .Charlie knows .

Wey-Hey. Welcome back Charlie.
Putting faces to names was long overdue.
Leyther In NZ’s post certainly adds intrigue to this thread.
Re: Is Bevan French a Leyther? : Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:22 pm  
Nice to meet Vancouver Leyther and who knows as today news is french isn’t going newscastle knights
Re: Is Bevan French a Leyther? : Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:09 pm  
If he was coming to us it would only be if we got promoted so no announcement of French if true until after the GF if we make it that is
Re: Is Bevan French a Leyther? : Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:20 am  
Dick Jones wrote:
If he was coming to us it would only be if we got promoted so no announcement of French if true until after the GF if we make it that is

That certainly could explain why no update on his future yet.
The mystery continues ! (For now).
Re: Is Bevan French a Leyther? : Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:42 pm  
Sky have just announced that French has signed a new 2 year agreement with the Pies
Re: Is Bevan French a Leyther? : Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:50 pm  
Jack Gaskell wrote:
Sky have just announced that French has signed a new 2 year agreement with the Pies

Saves us a Million Quid we offered to now sign Luke Thomson as a marquee, or someone similar. :thumb:
Re: Is Bevan French a Leyther? : Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:16 pm  
Cokey wrote:
Saves us a Million Quid we offered to now sign Luke Thomson as a marquee, or someone similar. :thumb:

Bongser thinks he read somewhere lately that even marquee signings had a salary cap of £150K. Bongser is often wrong though!
Re: Is Bevan French a Leyther? : Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:24 pm  
Last edited by Cokey on Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext