25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rohan Smith
Rohan Smith : Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:10 pm  
Re: Rohan Smith : Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:11 pm  
That seemed to take a long time coming.
Re: Rohan Smith : Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:12 pm  
How is it in football coaches/ managers get moved on quickly in Rugby they hang around far to long.
Re: Rohan Smith : Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:18 pm  
karetaker wrote:
How is it in football coaches/ managers get moved on quickly in Rugby they hang around far to long.

Whilst I don't think this is true or my perception anyway, the pool is smaller for replacements and there's less compensation cash knocking about?

I think Salford fans will be bracing themselves Hull's too far for all but the committed and I wouldn't mind seeing the back of Rowley to a club with a different outlook with a hope that he ends up as another Watson
Re: Rohan Smith : Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:38 am  
Uncle Rico wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing the back of Rowley to a club with a different outlook with a hope that he ends up as another Watson

Interesting point, UR. Rowley always comes across as having a bit of a chip on his shoulder about Wire. I don't know if we have slighted or rejected him at some point in the past? But he clearly enjoys the underdog mentality and often uses it very successfully against us, so you're right, it would be interesting to see how he would fare at a club where winning trophies is (or at least traditionally has been) the expectation.
Re: Rohan Smith : Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:04 am  
The Speculator wrote:
Interesting point, UR. Rowley always comes across as having a bit of a chip on his shoulder about Wire. I don't know if we have slighted or rejected him at some point in the past? But he clearly enjoys the underdog mentality and often uses it very successfully against us, so you're right, it would be interesting to see how he would fare at a club where winning trophies is (or at least traditionally has been) the expectation.

i think he's just an great dude, he was an great dude at leigh, he was an great dude at toron'oh and he's an great dude at salford.

somethings just aren't that complicated
Re: Rohan Smith : Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:33 pm  
The Speculator wrote:

Friend of mine was sat right in front of him at the game and said it was really interesting in listening to him sending messages down. He spoke with him after.