FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Channel 4
Channel 4 : Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:37 pm  
Good to see they're continuing covering RL again in the coming season.
Re: Channel 4 : Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:07 pm  
I think it was always 2 years initially, but like any show…would reserve the right to drop it if ratings fall. CH4 duty is to its advertisers, not RL.
Re: Channel 4 : Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:47 pm  
rubber duckie wrote:
I think it was always 2 years initially, but like any show…would reserve the right to drop it if ratings fall. CH4 duty is to its advertisers, not RL.


Absolutely, all about advertising revenue. Hopefully, it will work for C4 and RL so that the initial two year period will be extended.
Re: Channel 4 : Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:23 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded wrote:
Absolutely, all about advertising revenue. Hopefully, it will work for C4 and RL so that the initial two year period will be extended.


C4 is all about eyeballs. I don’t see much direct financial gain from it. Hopefully it builds to that point, but it’s a good way to introduce people / lapsed people to the sport.
Re: Channel 4 : Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:21 pm  
Alffi_7 wrote:
C4 is all about eyeballs. I don’t see much direct financial gain from it. Hopefully it builds to that point, but it’s a good way to introduce people / lapsed people to the sport.

It helps that CH4 is based in Leeds. They can’t hide from the Rhinos being the best supported RL club currently.
Re: Channel 4 : Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:47 am  
Alffi_7 wrote:
C4 is all about eyeballs. I don’t see much direct financial gain from it. Hopefully it builds to that point, but it’s a good way to introduce people / lapsed people to the sport.


Absolutely true. But I can't help but feel like C4 is just trying to do us a bit of a favour. They aren't willing to do much to grow the game, but "if we get the views then great"
Re: Channel 4 : Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:14 pm  
Alffi_7 wrote:
C4 is all about eyeballs. I don’t see much direct financial gain from it. Hopefully it builds to that point, but it’s a good way to introduce people / lapsed people to the sport.


C4 being able to reach a wider audience on a non-subscription channel was the reason for posting. That's a big positive for me, with hopefully getting more people interested in the game.
Re: Channel 4 : Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:16 pm  
The beauty of games on C4 & BBC is that they can be viewed nationally by the average viewer & not just a viewer who has sky sports. Best way to spread the game .
Re: Channel 4 : Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:25 pm  
My personal opinion was that after the fanfair and big build up of the first few games. This quickly dwindled. I found it disappointing that there were large gaps (weeks) where no game would be on CH4 and then i never saw any of the other games because i never knew they were on. Granted that is partially my fault for not checking. But i never saw any adverts on TV or online in the build up to any of the games apart from the first few. Other than that i thought it was good with it being a great refreshing change to the usual sky sports tripe.
Re: Channel 4 : Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:25 pm  
wirecation wrote:
My personal opinion was that after the fanfair and big build up of the first few games. This quickly dwindled. I found it disappointing that there were large gaps (weeks) where no game would be on CH4 and then i never saw any of the other games because i never knew they were on. Granted that is partially my fault for not checking. But i never saw any adverts on TV or online in the build up to any of the games apart from the first few. Other than that i thought it was good with it being a great refreshing change to the usual sky sports tripe.


Hopefully the ten games per season was a tester. Be good to see 2x live games and 1FTA per week, in similar time slots.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Captain Hook, Kevin Turvey, Smiffy27, St Helens Wolf and 140 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Warrington Wolves