FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Riley Dean
Riley Dean : Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:46 pm  
Riley has joined Featherstone on a season long loan.

I suppose this was inevitable once we signed Drinkwater, but coupled with the Russell recruitment, I am feeling very alienated by the club.
Re: Riley Dean : Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:51 pm  
Will that see his contract out? Seems to be the done thing with the spare parts.

Shame, he looks a bit of a throwback to an old school stand off, good off the cuff. Would have liked to see him get a go. But, pressure is on the coach, so can’t gamble with a kid. Tried and tested Drinkwater is right for right now, Dean might have been right for 2 years from now, but for the following 10.
Re: Riley Dean : Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:03 pm  
Barbed Wire wrote:
Will that see his contract out? Seems to be the done thing with the spare parts.

Shame, he looks a bit of a throwback to an old school stand off, good off the cuff. Would have liked to see him get a go. But, pressure is on the coach, so can’t gamble with a kid. Tried and tested Drinkwater is right for right now, Dean might have been right for 2 years from now, but for the following 10.


Yes, as far as I am aware he only signed a 12month deal with us, so he will be a free agent at the end of the loan deal.
Re: Riley Dean : Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:07 pm  
Barbed Wire wrote:
Will that see his contract out? Seems to be the done thing with the spare parts.

Shame, he looks a bit of a throwback to an old school stand off, good off the cuff. Would have liked to see him get a go. But, pressure is on the coach, so can’t gamble with a kid. Tried and tested Drinkwater is right for right now, Dean might have been right for 2 years from now, but for the following 10.


Agreed with comment.
However as a Warrington supporter for the last 49 years, I’d love a throwback to an Alex Murphy/Andy Gregory/Phil Blake/Johnathan Davies type player rather than the mundane type rugby played, we watch now. We’ll never beat the Aussies playing completion set rugby. Get back to sidestepping/little chips over the top even when in your own half type rugby. I will accept though the team would have to be able to defend really well when losing the ball.
Re: Riley Dean : Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:14 pm  
Well, I’ll be honest, I think I’d rather see Dean as a backup winger ahead of Russell! Still, I hope to be proven wrong.
Re: Riley Dean : Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:27 pm  
Can only think he prefers Hayes as backup over Dean.
Re: Riley Dean : Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:30 pm  
Good luck to the lad.
Looked a good prospect for us. Not got a chance in P&B
Re: Riley Dean : Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:39 pm  
Sparky1967 wrote:
. We’ll never beat the Aussies playing completion set rugby. Get back to sidestepping/little chips over the top even when in your own half type rugby. I will accept though the team would have to be able to defend really well when losing the ball.

Not today's Internet winner, but this year's winner.
EVERY BIT of enterprising rugby has been wrung out of (modern) Australian RL so, consequently, ours follows suit.
Whilst NZ played great rugby in the semi, the Aussies just bored them into submission
Re: Riley Dean : Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:43 pm  
Great deal for him, he'll play week in week out against massively experienced men. This will be great for him, and we have a 2 week notice recall on him. Hopefully this will be good for him long term and we re-sign him. If not it is a good opportunity for him to further his career. Hopefully he develops more and we keep him long term.
Re: Riley Dean : Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:06 pm  
Or thane wrote:
Great deal for him, he'll play week in week out against massively experienced men.

He'll probably be in direct competition with Thomas Lacans , who has a similar profile, to be Johnno Ford's half back partner, but he should get plenty of opportunities.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Barbed Wire, Chris McKean, foggy, Jack Pepsi, karetaker, Kevin Turvey, matt_wire, Moe syslak, Mr Snoodle, wirecation, Wolves17 and 258 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Warrington Wolves