FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Oliver Holmes
Re: Oliver Holmes : Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:36 pm  
There’s no way we’ll let him go, his instagram game is too good. Peak Wire.
Re: Oliver Holmes : Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:17 pm  
Holmes is a quality player and we saw him at about 40% of what we're used to seeing at Cas. He was an obvious choice to sign going on his form for the last 5 odd years. He hits hard, is very aggressive, good ball handling skills and plays long minutes.
This year he has been a shadow of himself, maybe the move to a different club and the positional switch plus moving to a different part of the country (if he did move?) have all played a part in his form dip. Also 90% of our whole squad have been crap all year so that wouldn't help either.
If we'd gotten the tried and tested Holmes i've watched at Cas for years,, he'd be a fan favourite now.
If he does go and it paves the way for a quality half then it's win win and i wish him the best. If he does stay i think he'll recapture his hard hitting form running with the pack we'll have next year, as will a fair few of our squad :-)
Re: Oliver Holmes : Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:50 pm  
Tbh, it just doesn’t make sense.
DP to fall out with one of his 3 amigos, just suddenly? DP wouldn’t even drop him when he was stinking the place out.

I’d say it bollox, simply for this reason alone.
Re: Oliver Holmes : Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:47 am  
rubber duckie wrote:
Tbh, it just doesn’t make sense.
DP to fall out with one of his 3 amigos, just suddenly? DP wouldn’t even drop him when he was stinking the place out.

I’d say it bollox, simply for this reason alone.

Nothing much has made sense this season, I’ve decided to stop trying.
Re: Oliver Holmes : Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:26 pm  
It’s correct - Holmes and Bullock being offered to other clubs to free up cap space for half back.
Re: Oliver Holmes : Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:56 pm  
Crosswire wrote:
It’s correct - Holmes and Bullock being offered to other clubs to free up cap space for half back.

Maybe not giving ratchford a 2 year extension(which even fans who rate him couldn't believe)would've freed up the cash we need.
Re: Oliver Holmes : Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:09 am  
Crosswire wrote:

So let me get this straight

We sign four forwards for next year before we have released two forwards we signed only last year on 3 year deals?
What is more until we do so we don't have enough money for crucial positions?

Starting to look like a mess.
Re: Oliver Holmes : Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:42 am  
Wires71 wrote:
So let me get this straight

We sign four forwards for next year before we have released two forwards we signed only last year on 3 year deals?
What is more until we do so we don't have enough money for crucial positions?

Starting to look like a mess.

Come on now Wire71 ... it is a cunning plan. Better than Baldrick!
If in the end we get our Centre & HB and (I'd like a big winger). We'll be happier. But who knows how it will all work?
Re: Oliver Holmes : Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:48 am  
My mate came out with a good line in that our strength (money) is also our main weakness. The ability to buy our way out of mistakes seems to hinder any sensible recruitment policy and Powell is coming across like a kid in a sweet shop. Won't be long before he replaces his ridiculous Cas full time pizzas with artisan toasted foccacias to console the boys after another heavy loss.
Re: Oliver Holmes : Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:50 am  
ratticusfinch wrote:
My mate came out with a good line in that our strength (money) is also our main weakness. The ability to buy our way out of mistakes seems to hinder any sensible recruitment policy and Powell is coming across like a kid in a sweet shop. Won't be long before he replaces his ridiculous Cas full time pizzas with artisan toasted foccacias to console the boys after another heavy loss.

Don’t they get free Dominoes anyway?
PreviousNext