FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - How long in 2023 does Powell have...
Re: How long in 2023 does Powell have... : Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:35 am  
ratticusfinch wrote:
I'm fed up with his life on this of the Pennines

Good to see you’re keeping the Holmes fires burning…
Re: How long in 2023 does Powell have... : Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:53 am  
Strange on both Holmes and Bullock, if they are true. Bullock, as others have said, has proved to be a decent squad member for what I would imagine to be a modest salary.

Holmes may be driving it himself, I can imaging him being annoyed moving across with a coach in the name of trust only to be dropped for a mid-season signing with only a handful of games under his belt. But Powell picked him, moved him and picked him again, so he must want him, unless his salary is bigger than his return, but surely he’s not on that much.
Re: How long in 2023 does Powell have... : Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:02 pm  
I've no idea on Bullock's salary but from what Paul2812 alluded to in an earlier thread I wouldn't be surprised if he was the top earner in the pack which would be rather strange. Powell did sign Bullock though did he not?
Re: How long in 2023 does Powell have... : Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:42 pm  
he did
Re: How long in 2023 does Powell have... : Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:54 pm  
ratticusfinch wrote:
I'm fed up with his life on this of the Pennines

Never ! This is God's country.
Re: How long in 2023 does Powell have... : Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:47 pm  
He’ll get as long as Moran wants to give him.

Powell is Morans man. When the board met to discuss Powell’s future during the latter stages of the season, Moran made it clear that if Powell went….. so would he and he’d be taking his wallet with him.
Re: How long in 2023 does Powell have... : Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:20 pm  
RLIMR wrote:

Powell is Morans man. When the board met to discuss Powell’s future during the latter stages of the season, Moran made it clear that if Powell went….. so would he and he’d be taking his wallet with him.

You know these boardroom discussions…..how?
Re: How long in 2023 does Powell have... : Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:39 am  
RLIMR wrote:

Like Moran gave Tony Smith 2+ years too long and Price 2 years too long.

We are making excuses for ourselves.

Powell should hit the ground running next season or hit the bricks. He's had long enough. Hes had so long he is exiting players he signed now.
Re: How long in 2023 does Powell have... : Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:25 am  
Barbed Wire wrote:
Strange on both Holmes and Bullock, if they are true. Bullock, as others have said, has proved to be a decent squad member for what I would imagine to be a modest salary.

Holmes may be driving it himself, I can imaging him being annoyed moving across with a coach in the name of trust only to be dropped for a mid-season signing with only a handful of games under his belt. But Powell picked him, moved him and picked him again, so he must want him, unless his salary is bigger than his return, but surely he’s not on that much.

I said at the start of the season that Bullock is on too much money.
I was gobsmacked when I was told. He was in the top 4 earners of 2022. It’s not hard to fathom why Coops was peed off.
You have to acknowledge that DP wouldn’t have been party to such contractual dealings, and certainly not Bullock. That was done before he was on the radar.
Re: How long in 2023 does Powell have... : Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:52 am  
rubber duckie wrote:
I said at the start of the season that Bullock is on too much money.
I was gobsmacked when I was told. He was in the top 4 earners of 2022. It’s not hard to fathom why Coops was peed off.
You have to acknowledge that DP wouldn’t have been party to such contractual dealings, and certainly not Bullock. That was done before he was on the radar.

Im pretty sure the article in April 2021 with the MEN Powell confirmed that he was running recruitment for 2022 in tandem with his role at Cas, so wouldn’t be too sure on that.

Either way, the club have taken a broad “cut your losses” approach in 2022, so another one won’t hurt.
PreviousNext