FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Mike Cooper
Re: Mike Cooper : Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:12 pm  
Barbed Wire wrote:
Read it following on from the post that you replied to, you’ll quite clearly make out that it is in regard to Powell’s alleged comment to Cooper, hence the “if true” statement as it’s all speculation at this stage. Unless you have any experience of winning super league titles, or having antagonistic conversations with former Warrington props about how they haven’t won a super league title, it can’t possibly be aimed at you.

Still, if you’d prefer to turn this into another woe is me event, lead on.


What a plonker (me). I thought you were having another pop - I'm kind of used to it with my Powell stance. It's all good anyhow as I said in my last post, even if you did insult me, which you didn't. Apologies again.

I think I really am morphing into Powell if I'm taking his criticism personally.
Re: Mike Cooper : Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:21 am  
Its becoming clearer and clearer that the bad apple is Powell
Re: Mike Cooper : Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:17 pm  
Gazwire wrote:
I think we were once linked with Carling, rumoured to be for a £400000 transfer fee. We'd have probably ended up with a 4 pack given our transfer negotiations.


We would pay the £400k then loan him out.
Re: Mike Cooper : Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:33 pm  
Pie_Eyter wrote:
Serious question chaps. Given Powell's strange set of interviews do you still think Cooper, king and Charnley were really bad eggs. I know Powell always gives strange interviews but even for him his recent ones have been slapdash. Reading between his very tainted lines it sounds to me he is telling Moran 'please don't sack me, it will come good next year' He has put himself on a high spandau by keeping claiming that he is building something 'big' he had better deliver for his own sake. How long does he get next season. Clean slate and all that with his team.

Next year will 100% show whether it was Powell, or the players being the divas who didn't want to do what they were told.
Apart from needing a new centre and a new half we have an awesome looking squad next year. So if after 6 games we look as bad as this year, it will 100% be Powell that's the problem.
Re: Mike Cooper : Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:43 pm  
Or thane wrote:
Next year will 100% show whether it was Powell, or the players being the divas who didn't want to do what they were told.
Apart from needing a new centre and a new half we have an awesome looking squad next year. So if after 6 games we look as bad as this year, it will 100% be Powell that's the problem.


Exactly, time will tell.
Re: Mike Cooper : Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:14 pm  
Or thane wrote:
Next year will 100% show whether it was Powell, or the players being the divas who didn't want to do what they were told.
Apart from needing a new centre and a new half we have an awesome looking squad next year. So if after 6 games we look as bad as this year, it will 100% be Powell that's the problem.


Imo, we need to see shoots of green over those first 6 games and not expect too much. In all honesty though, I'd be genuinely worried if we looked like we do now after those 6. I'm halfway house over those 6 games but I still think we need to back him till at least the playoffs and see the structures working. With those new incoming forwards, I'm being optimistic. It'll give our backs some space to develop the moves.

I still have faith in Powell, though it's tough - we have been bloody awful this season. I'm going to do a Duckie here and stick my neck out:

We'll win the GF next year!!

Woolf gone, probs Wellens to take over

French off to NRL and Wigan will have their tails cut in the back line.

Nostradamus: things won't get together until June, July, August time. By then, we'll be in with a shout. We'll have scraped into the playoffs, but we'll be capable of playing some rugby to get us through. We'll be contenders if we make the playoffs.

(I've had a few pints)
Re: Mike Cooper : Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:38 pm  
Gazwire wrote:
Imo, we need to see shoots of green over those first 6 games and not expect too much. In all honesty though, I'd be genuinely worried if we looked like we do now after those 6. I'm halfway house over those 6 games but I still think we need to back him till at least the playoffs and see the structures working. With those new incoming forwards, I'm being optimistic. It'll give our backs some space to develop the moves.

I still have faith in Powell, though it's tough - we have been bloody awful this season. I'm going to do a Duckie here and stick my neck out:

We'll win the GF next year!!

Woolf gone, probs Wellens to take over

French off to NRL and Wigan will have their tails cut in the back line.

Nostradamus: things won't get together until June, July, August time. By then, we'll be in with a shout. We'll have scraped into the playoffs, but we'll be capable of playing some rugby to get us through. We'll be contenders if we make the playoffs.

(I've had a few pints)

I'm 100% behind Powell, i've seen what he did for Castleford with the right squad and structures, culture etc
The whole "we're to big of a club for him to handle" is utter nonsense from what other people have said. A good coach is a good coach. A bad culture and players thinking they're too good to do what there boss is asking them to do is the problem. There's a big turnover next year and some big experienced professional players coming it. Josh McGuire being one of them, ultimate professional who will run through brick walls like Benny Westwood used to. He won't take crap and will give it his all over here, i can see him and Dufty being Co-captains for us next year.
I'm so excited for next year......just worried about Centre and halfback. If we get them right i 100% genuinely think we will be the team to beat next year.
One game left though so anymore more announcements can't be too far away olayer wise, although the world cup might delay anymore Signings being announced if any?
Re: Mike Cooper : Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:04 pm  
Nice contribution from Mike tonight, basically waved O'Connor over the line and turned the tide against Wigan. Still, what an honour for him to play for a club like Wigan.
Re: Mike Cooper : Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:07 am  
Maybe just maybe Powell was right about Cooper. He looks like a fish out of water
Re: Mike Cooper : Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:27 am  
RoyalWire wrote:
Maybe just maybe Powell was right about Cooper. He looks like a fish out of water


Four years on the bounce Cooper has been eliminated from the play-offs at home.

At least he is consistent.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 116 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Warrington Wolves