FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - This Sintellins team.....
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:01 am  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Do they really? It's a very soccer mindset thing if they do, not much to do with Rugby League or its history, or indeed most other sports in the world.

I certainly do. The reason we had the old playoffs in the 60s/70s was because the season fixtures were lopsided. Play one another home and away and everything is fair.

Even football has playoffs though which I always argue with football fans. A team could finish 6th in the Championship, 20 points behind 3rd and be promoted to the PL.

As a fan I disagree with them for the reasons I've said BUT we all know the rules at the start so it is what it is.
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:06 am  
9 grand final wins, 1 championship, 14 Grand Final appearances overall, 10 LLS, 8 Challenge Cups in 26 years
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:17 am  
Rommel wrote:
9 grand final wins, 1 championship, 14 Grand Final appearances overall, 10 LLS, 8 Challenge Cups in 26 years

Cringe.
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:24 am  
Rommel wrote:

28 pieces of silver ware in 26 years of the full time professional superleague era, no one else comes close. Whats alarming is that we will have a stronger squad next year.
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:36 am  
The only challenge to St Helens next season is Warrington. No other team will come close
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:52 am  
TheWarringtonWolve69 wrote:
The only challenge to St Helens next season is Warrington. No other team will come close

You not banned yet champion?
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:09 am  
Judder Man wrote:
28 pieces of silver ware in 26 years of the full time professional superleague era, no one else comes close. Whats alarming is that we will have a stronger squad next year.

Correct JM with Dodd in our side this year we would have finished top in August :D

Catch up Superleague
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:17 am  
DallasMead2 wrote:

I think all us Saints fans need to be banned from this forum so you can just get on with the Band Name Game thread.
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:24 am  
The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Do they really? It's a very soccer mindset thing if they do, not much to do with Rugby League or its history, or indeed most other sports in the world.

Also to add that the difference in Football is even if the title winner runs away with the league and wins it early there are other things for the TV to focus on, the battle for the European places and Relegation which in Football can mean financial oblivion the drop in money is that big. In SL the interest would have fizzled out with a few weeks of the season to run.

I personally think the current playoff format is fair, Saints got a week off and a home playoff (and meant to have had a days extra rest) Salford and Leeds ended the season in form and got further than the league table suggested, no complaints from me.
Re: This Sintellins team..... : Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:31 am  
DallasMead2 wrote:

I was being serious. If their signings click they will be a hard team to beat
PreviousNext