24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Transfer talk
Re: Transfer talk : Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:03 pm  
There wouldn’t be a dry eye in the house
Re: Transfer talk : Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:07 pm  
Brian Mac resigned from Featherstone.

Does anybody know whether we can use our squad booster funds for coaches? Feels too early for MD when we are likely at our lowest and he’s basically doing everything too from the sounds of things.

Ps - I know it’s unrealistic really
Re: Transfer talk : Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:26 pm  
Bulls4 wrote:

Does anybody know whether we can use our squad booster funds for coaches? Feels too early for MD when we are likely at our lowest and he’s basically doing everything too from the sounds of things.

Why would we want Brian McDermott?

He had the second biggest budget in the league and he couldn't get his team to the final two.
Re: Transfer talk : Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:29 pm  
Bulls4 wrote:

Well it doesnt do much good in attracting players so why not use it on the coaching staff.
Re: Transfer talk : Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:22 am  
Don't want him. Leeds won those trophies in spite of him not because of him, and it's only taken one season for Featherstone to be sick of his dumb tactics and illogical substitutions.
Re: Transfer talk : Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:24 pm  
Very interesting news coming from the IMG proposals.
I think it's blatantly obvious that Nigel had a pretty good idea that this was coming, and explains a hell of a lot of the actions (or inactions) that have taken place under his tenure.

The next few years should be interesting if nothing else, although if this ends up going through then it pretty much writes off the 2023 season as meaningless.
Re: Transfer talk : Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:40 pm  
Nigel to pull a category A rating out of the magicians hat and send the RL world into melt down haha
Re: Transfer talk : Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:59 pm  
Would a functioning academy and a long lease at a (theoretical) modern stadium get you Cat A - I wonder?!?
Re: Transfer talk : Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:13 pm  
The devil will be in the detail and we haven't seen any of that yet.
Re: Transfer talk : Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:41 pm  
RagingBull wrote:
Brad Day gone to Fev. Thats another of my wish list

Ellis Robson now confirmed by Keighley, thats another one off the wish list
PreviousNext