FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2023 | Staffing
Re: 2023 | Staffing : Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:14 am  
D4mo78 wrote:
RS doesn't come across as someone who would give his mate a job if he wasn't good enough, and it risks putting the club back. Smith works with Chev on a daily basis, knows his approach to the game, knows his philosophy and sees how he interacts with the players. I have no idea on any of these, so aren't passing judgement. We'll know if it's a good appointment during the season. But good luck to Chev, he's a great bloke and he's done a great job winning the Academy title this season

I agree with that to some extent.
The person who gets the job, any job for that matter isn`t always the best person for it.
Friendship and trust goes a long way when appointing it happens in all walks of life.
You see it in football when the new manager brings in his trusted team and the old coaching staff are removed.
It`s not because they are better it is because they can be trusted to implement the new managers way of working.
I`ve met Chev a few times and like you say he`s a great bloke and I`m sure he will fit in well with Smith.
Re: 2023 | Staffing : Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:38 pm  
chapylad wrote:
I agree with that to some extent.
The person who gets the job, any job for that matter isn`t always the best person for it.
Friendship and trust goes a long way when appointing it happens in all walks of life.
You see it in football when the new manager brings in his trusted team and the old coaching staff are removed.
It`s not because they are better it is because they can be trusted to implement the new managers way of working.
I`ve met Chev a few times and like you say he`s a great bloke and I`m sure he will fit in well with Smith.


That's true. But you do want someone you'll get on with. If they have a personal relationship, then that's an added bonus. Probably why most head coaches pick people they've already worked with to be in their coaching teams
Re: 2023 | Staffing : Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:55 am  
Sean Long new Fev coach, that’s interesting. Either he always had his wings clipped for us or is just not a good coach as we saw no evidence if it.
Re: 2023 | Staffing : Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:43 pm  
D4mo78 wrote:
RS doesn't come across as someone who would give his mate a job if he wasn't good enough, and it risks putting the club back. Smith works with Chev on a daily basis, knows his approach to the game, knows his philosophy and sees how he interacts with the players. I have no idea on any of these, so aren't passing judgement. We'll know if it's a good appointment during the season. But good luck to Chev, he's a great bloke and he's done a great job winning the Academy title this season
****************************************

Great post agree with everything you say. I m suite 95% of posters on here do not know the background to appointments. Walker is obviously trusted and has had a successful season with a team that has had constant change due to the requirements of the first team (injuries and suspensions).
Deserves his chance and god luck.
Re: 2023 | Staffing : Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:48 pm  
I'm less fussed about who the assistant coaches are than who runs the academy tbh. And while winning the title at that level is nice, I'd be happier to see high quality spine players emerging on a more frequent basis. Chevs replacement is the key appointment imo.
Re: 2023 | Staffing : Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:54 pm  
Is cuthbertson going back home when he retires? I know he did well with the ladies and seems to be fairly well thought of as a coach. Wonder if he could be assistant number two.
Re: 2023 | Staffing : Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:59 am  
Barrie’s Glass Eye wrote:
Is cuthbertson going back home when he retires? I know he did well with the ladies and seems to be fairly well thought of as a coach. Wonder if he could be assistant number two.


He seems very involved with his "Lowcal" lager business so I doubt he's going back home at this point, think he has settled in York. I also doubt he will stay at Fev in his role as attack coach as he was very much a McDermott appointment I think.
Tony Smith added to coaching staff : Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:34 pm  
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugb ... 576408.amp

Of course its former Cas wigan player “casper”
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugb ... 576408.amp

Of course its former Cas wigan player “casper”
Re: Tony Smith added to coaching staff : Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:39 pm  
rollin thunder wrote:
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/leeds-rhinos-tony-smith-academy-25576408.amp

Of course its former Cas wigan player “casper”

Casper is the uncle to Cameron and Daniel Smith
Re: Tony Smith added to coaching staff : Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:51 pm  
The Biffs Back wrote:
Casper is the uncle to Cameron and Daniel Smith

Thought he was their cousin. But new they are related.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: christopher, Jack Burton, Jrrhino, paddock, Seth, Simmo71, The Magic Rat and 238 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Leeds Rhinos