FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:07 pm  
Exeter Rhino wrote:
I have no idea. What about the guy who made his debut against Warrington?

We finally got rid of the other Golden Generation winger who stayed a season or two too long (Briscoe). It seems like a backward step for me unless Hall's coming in now to cover the injuries to Fus and Handley.

(The player for Bradford was Doro not Okoro - old eyes and similar name!)

I don’t think we do have a winger in the academy better than Hall; it’s only 1 year and if a player comes past him great.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:36 pm  
KaeruJim wrote:
(The player for Bradford was Doro not Okoro - old eyes and similar name!)

I don’t think we do have a winger in the academy better than Hall; it’s only 1 year and if a player comes past him great.


The point is that we should be signing a good younger winger on a 3 or 4 year contract
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:47 pm  
ploinerrhino wrote:
The point is that we should be signing a good younger winger on a 3 or 4 year contract

Signing Hall for one year gives our academy lads a pathway still.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:31 am  
We should have been after Johnstone, Davies or Makinson whereas we're taking Hall off KR's hands, so they can sign Davies.

I'm a bit concerned that Rohan Smith is making signings as we'll then need to give the next coach three seasons to make it his own team before deciding if he is any good.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:07 am  
Confirmed now
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:10 am  
rugbyleague88 wrote:
We should have been after Johnstone, Davies or Makinson whereas we're taking Hall off KR's hands, so they can sign Davies.

I'm a bit concerned that Rohan Smith is making signings as we'll then need to give the next coach three seasons to make it his own team before deciding if he is any good.

Hall is a one year deal, in order that we can keep opportunities open for young players at the club.

I do hear what you're saying though. Johnstone or Davies would have been good, I can only assume that other clubs were willing to pay more, and that we really feel like we want to give youth a chance hence not tying ourselves to long-term contracts (bear in mind we already have Handley who you'd imagine is a shoe-in when fit).
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:42 am  
The timing of the announcement is baffling, 8 games into the 2024 season, when both our first choice wingers are injured. It just piles on the frustration we are feeling.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:57 am  
That's one way of seeing it

Another is a club legend is returning for one last hurrah and to mentor our future wingers.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:27 am  
Have we got any genuine wingers coming through from our academy? I feel like the ones mentioned are centres / full backs who can cover on the wing, but could be wrong!!
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:32 am  
I’m not massively fussed about the players coming through being specialist wingers at this point, what they need is pace and awareness. Positional play can be taught.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], FlyingScottyDonald, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Once were Loiners and 174 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Leeds Rhinos