FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : Castleford Tigers 12 - 0 Hull FC LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Hoy Try, Milnes Goal
 Current LIVE TV Match : Huddersfield Giants 0 - 6 Leigh Leopards LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Charnley Try, Moylan Goal
 Current LIVE TV Match : St.Helens 0 - 6 Leeds Rhinos LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Handley Try, Martin Goal
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:58 pm  
RAPIDO wrote:
Both him and Burgess are quality both highly respected pack leaders who may not do the minutes they used to but what they bring to the team is alot more than a playing role, kudos KR and Hudds.

That's one way to look at it. Another is to reflect that old father time catches up with everyone and players of that age can go over the hill and down the other side very rapidly. Guess we'll find out next year.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:42 pm  
RAPIDO wrote:
Both him and Burgess are quality both highly respected pack leaders who may not do the minutes they used to but what they bring to the team is alot more than a playing role, kudos KR and Hudds.

I reckon youd have criticised Leeds if they had signed JWH for next year ;-) especially when he inevitably gets a big ban.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:44 pm  
Yes, remember the stick Tetevano got for the multiple red cards. When he was signed, I don't remember anyone saying it was a poor choice, but in hindsight he was nowhere near the player we needed, or (Agar) thought we were going to get.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:49 pm  
ArthurClues wrote:
That's one way to look at it. Another is to reflect that old father time catches up with everyone and players of that age can go over the hill and down the other side very rapidly. Guess we'll find out next year.

Yes and we don't have a crystal ball but as an Rl purist I'm hoping we see the best of the both players.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:53 pm  
Exeter Rhino wrote:
Yes, remember the stick Tetevano got for the multiple red cards. When he was signed, I don't remember anyone saying it was a poor choice, but in hindsight he was nowhere near the player we needed, or (Agar) thought we were going to get.

Tbf when Tet signed we weren't moving to a game where you had to tackle below the armpit
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:29 pm  
I fear the game will be completely unwatchable next season
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:30 pm  
Exeter Rhino wrote:

If those academy games are anything to go by, it will be
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:53 pm  
RAPIDO wrote:
Yes and we don't have a crystal ball but as an Rl purist I'm hoping we see the best of the both players.

We can agree on that.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:10 pm  
Exeter Rhino wrote:

It will be interesting to see which rules the WCC will be officiated in Northern hemisphere or Southern interpretation.?
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:25 pm  
They've already said that the SL rules will be 'relaxed'.
PreviousNext