RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:27 pm  
D4mo78 wrote:
Cheers. There hasn't been much pre-season content this year. I wonder if its Rohan taking it more seriously

Doesn't really tell much, but Rohen has spoken about the Boyce situation.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugb ... s-28216715
D4mo78 wrote:
Cheers. There hasn't been much pre-season content this year. I wonder if its Rohan taking it more seriously

Doesn't really tell much, but Rohen has spoken about the Boyce situation.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugb ... s-28216715
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:50 pm  
KaeruJim wrote:
Hudson is definitely a project, he’s a big mobile lad but never played a game of SL as far as I know. Also coming off a bad Achilles injury. Very risky but hopefully we’ll see him in a few games this year.

We may need one more season to sort the squad out fully. We just have to be better than last year though looking at our roster.

Anyone’s guess how the NRL imports go; I’m interested to see what happens with O’Connor and Johnson next year, and Goudemand could be handy. Would love to see Simpson get some game time too the lad has potential.

2 X Lancashire clubs + 1 Championship looking at Johnson situation, amature club chat.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:07 pm  
RAPIDO wrote:
2 X Lancashire clubs + 1 Championship looking at Johnson situation, amature club chat.

Would not be surprised. Shame in my opinion, but I'd heard earlier in the season that if Levi came, he would want to move on.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:27 am  
The club have released some photos of training at Roundhay Park again.

Kershaw is there, no Olpherts.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:38 am  
FGB wrote:
The club have released some photos of training at Roundhay Park again.

Kershaw is there, no Olpherts.

Olpherts probably dropped his training kit on the way and is looking which route to take back in order to find it.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:27 pm  
It would be a real shame if Johnson left permanently, I think he's got bags of potential and could be one that we regret in future.
Hopefully, that's the backdrop to the 'one in, one out' situation.
i.e. if Johnson moves on, we can bring in another prop.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:40 pm  
Ackers will be more effective at 9 than Johnson over the next 2 years; it’s anyone’s guess where Johnson ends up.

Personally I think Johnson is a better 9 than O’Connor; Jarrod has a great engine and attitude but he just doesn’t have the distribution or head sometimes.

I’d like to see Corey back himself to get past O’Connor over the term of Ackers’ contract, but he probably sees himself as starting somewhere sooner.

Deffo looks like Kershaw in that picture.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:20 pm  
KaeruJim wrote:
Ackers will be more effective at 9 than Johnson over the next 2 years; it’s anyone’s guess where Johnson ends up.

Personally I think Johnson is a better 9 than O’Connor; Jarrod has a great engine and attitude but he just doesn’t have the distribution or head sometimes.

I’d like to see Corey back himself to get past O’Connor over the term of Ackers’ contract, but he probably sees himself as starting somewhere sooner.

Deffo looks like Kershaw in that picture.

If it's not Kershaw he has a twin. Agree about Corey. I'd like to see him give it a real go for the bench spot. If he does leave I'd want to see somebody incoming. Maybe a deal (Wilson for Johnson) could be struck with Hudds.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:35 pm  
Simmo71 wrote:
It would be a real shame if Johnson left permanently, I think he's got bags of potential and could be one that we regret in future.
Hopefully, that's the backdrop to the 'one in, one out' situation.
i.e. if Johnson moves on, we can bring in another prop.

I just don’t get the hype with Johnson, he simply has not done enough and just doesn’t look good enough I just cannot see what people are talking about when they say he has potential and good distribution. He’s older than O’Connor but simply not as good, and now we have Ackers he’s 3rd choice by some distance
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:46 pm  
I tend to agree. In my view he will end up being another Liam Hood….touted as a superstar in the junior ranks, showed some early promise in the odd first team outing but limitations then soon exposed and ended up being steady elsewhere without ever hitting the heights of early expectations
PreviousNext