FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:48 pm  
There’s definitely a serious issue on that left hand side. Marsch has no answers on that one at the moment. Obviously the transfer window will hopefully provide a solution there but there’s no doubt he’s unable to make tactical changes in game to solve it. Some of the players decision making was horrendous though, Cooper Koch and Struijk were so poor for the last two goals
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:18 am  
the only answer is signing a LB and move struijk in or replace both
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:29 pm  
Why are Leeds persisting with this Charles De Ketelaere chase? Same with Gakpo, weve missed the boat, sort the frigging LB and defence out first!
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:45 pm  
are they though? is it just clickbait news?
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:08 pm  
It seems to be everywhere, hopefully were using the stories as a smoke screen to some proper business.
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:06 pm  
I wouldn`t be too disappointed if we missed out on CDK.
He`s not cut it in Italy and he certainly hasn`t done anything in the World Cup so far.
Gakpo on the other hand has got to be destined for a top 6 PL team.
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:49 am  
chapylad wrote:
I wouldn`t be too disappointed if we missed out on CDK.
He`s not cut it in Italy and he certainly hasn`t done anything in the World Cup so far.
Gakpo on the other hand has got to be destined for a top 6 PL team.

Gakpo looks very good doesn’t he. Lack of ambition cost us in our pursuit of him. The offer we made was never going to br enough. PSV knew they’d get more after World Cup. He’ll go to Italy or Spain to one of their big hitters
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:01 am  
Trebor1 wrote:
Gakpo looks very good doesn’t he. Lack of ambition cost us in our pursuit of him. The offer we made was never going to br enough. PSV knew they’d get more after World Cup. He’ll go to Italy or Spain to one of their big hitters

Or maybe even worse he could end up at MU :(
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:08 am  
we offered the asking price iirc. he didn't want to move
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread : Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:21 am  
tad rhino wrote:
we offered the asking price iirc. he didn't want to move

From what I have read about it, the offer we made and Southampton made, were never going to be enough for them to sell so close to the end of the window. I think the supposed asking price offer we made was never actually correct. LVG was in his ear but to me the story that he talked him out of coming to Leeds as he needed to be playing every week just doesn't make sense. He'd have been one of first names on team sheet. BUT having said that, to get highly rated players like Gakpo, you have to be a club that is making progress (if you're not already one of the more established teams in the league) and Leeds have been on the edge for too long.
PreviousNext