FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Return to Lawkholme Lane.
Return to Lawkholme Lane. : Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:32 pm  
Sunday sees Fax's return to Keighley after a fair few years away. This is one of my favourite away trips anywhere, unfortunately i can't make the game this time which is more than frustrating! For those who are going it will surely be a Fax win to keep up our recent momentum...won't it? Up The Fax!
Re: Return to Lawkholme Lane. : Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:04 pm  
One of the grounds I’ve never been to and looking forward to it , hopefully fax can maintain the intensity of the Toulouse game and get the all important two points .
Re: Return to Lawkholme Lane. : Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:36 pm  
Proper rugby league ground, where the crowd is really close to the action, creating a great atmosphere even with a fairly small crowd. When I started watching Fax in the early 80's there were a lot of grounds like this - no good for superleague or IMG, but great for this level of rugby. Will be interesting to see who starts as several forwards took very heavy knocks on Saturday- would think Murray and possibly Fleming might come back - I would think the backs will be unchanged and while Maizen can consider himself a bit unfortunate can't see how you make unforced changes after the performance against Toulouse.
Re: Return to Lawkholme Lane. : Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:10 am  
Listenup94 wrote:
One of the grounds I’ve never been to and looking forward to it , hopefully fax can maintain the intensity of the Toulouse game and get the all important two points .

If you had Batley's slope going the other way towards the covered standing area behind the post the layout would be pretty close but the slope is not as severe.
It has a smallish stand with seats and open on the other two sides with standing only, great if the weathers good but a bit exposed if it's not, with a decent crowd and rain you need a good coat!
Re: Return to Lawkholme Lane. : Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:21 pm  
Looking forward to this one and as been said we have set the bar now with the intensity shown on saturday so should go into Sundays game battle hardened and ready for whatever Keighley throw at us. They need the points and so do we so let the best side on the day win and hopefully that is us. If other results go our way especially at London v Bradford and then on monday York v Batley we could find ourselves back in the playoff mix come the final round.