RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Back to licensing
No
Team
Selected
terry silver
Member for 2 years
Strong-running second rower




Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:52 pm
Posts: 427
Re: Back to licensing : Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:57 pm  
Hudd-Shay wrote:
Aye, that's not too much to ask is it? :THINK:

No it is not and i agree with the other comments on here about this but as strongly as people feel about these proposals if the club supports them what can we as fans do other than suck it up or stop coming to games.
No
Team
Selected
Faxlore
Member for 9 years
Cheeky half-back

User avatar


Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 am
Posts: 826
Re: Back to licensing : Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:59 pm  
terry silver wrote:
No it is not and i agree with the other comments on here about this but as strongly as people feel about these proposals if the club supports them what can we as fans do other than suck it up or stop coming to games.

We keep supporting the club.
Hudd-Shay
Member for 11 years
Bronze RLFANS Member

User avatar


Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 4241
Location: Shuddersfield
Re: Back to licensing : Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:08 pm  
Keighley appear to be the only club to have voted against the IMG proposals. Well done Keighley. :CLAP:
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
No
Team
Selected
Sideshow Bob
Member for 20 years


User avatar


Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:47 am
Posts: 189
Location: Cranwell, Lincs
Re: Back to licensing : Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:09 am  
I personnally don't see why we, the UK, need to support the French League when the UK game below super league needs all the suport it can get. Why are we developing French clubs when UK clubs are going to the wall?
Hudd-Shay
Member for 11 years
Bronze RLFANS Member

User avatar


Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 4241
Location: Shuddersfield
Re: Back to licensing : Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:36 am  
Sideshow Bob wrote:
I personnally don't see why we, the UK, need to support the French League when the UK game below super league needs all the suport it can get. Why are we developing French clubs when UK clubs are going to the wall?

That is a fair point. Logically, backing French clubs at the expense of British one's seems counter productive. I do however enjoy a few days away in Toulouse/Carcassonne. :D :CHEERS:
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
No
Team
Selected
Listenup94
Member for 3 years
Strong-running second rower




Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:12 pm
Posts: 497
Re: Back to licensing : Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:27 am  
From what I’m reading it doesn’t make that much difference in the short term as there’s only gonna be 4 cat A clubs anyway ( no doubt the usual suspects) the rest of superleague will be cat b along with some championship clubs and promotion and relegation will still happen between the cat b clubs . Regardless of what system you have the biggest problem will always be bridging the gap between full time and part time leagues which is probably why rugby league was more competitive back in the 70/s 80s as it was a level playing field . Ultimately it always boils down to money , if the funding isn’t increased to the lower leagues you are always relying on a benefactor and having to do a ‘ leigh ‘ and look overseas as all the best talent are signed up by may . I don’t see how this system helps clubs attain a grade A when it’ll still be the top clubs receiving all the funds . Seems a very bent version of capitalism incorporated into sport not too dissimilar to trickle down economics , the top drink from the ocean the rest with wide mouths open trying to catch a rain drop , what makes it more infuriating is the top teams then berate the lower teams with a condescending attitude of ‘ why aren’t you strong like us ‘ One of the reasons I prefer rugby league to other sports was the family feel and affinity with the players, teams etc . Well this system is closer to a broken family caused by selfishness and greed .
BackSeatCoach
Member for 3 years





Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:31 pm
Posts: 75
Re: Back to licensing : Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:41 am  
Faxlore wrote:
Well thank you IMG. Back to the old ways of the RFL choosing who the let in to the top league. It was a farce last time and will be again. Cas and Wakefield still in their 100year old crap grounds given top billing no doubt. Bulls going bust but hay give them a licence. There may be promotion between the second and third leagues. So we go back 8 years. How this helps with rugby league in the country I have no idea. Backwards steps and protecting the clubs at the top of the food chain. The sport is ficked!


Wakey fan in peace.

From a personal point of view, and bearing in mind many of my kindred had actually resolved ourselves with being in the Championship next year, I would like to think we have a balanced view on the IMG recommendations. We won't be CAT A, but likely a CAT B, which Halifax could also be with some improvements. And the best CAT B clubs will be in SL. I get that it sounds like the door has been closed for Championship clubs to get to Super League, but in all honesty how many champ clubs get to Super League and stay there anyway? The Keighley chairman has just done his nut about this only because he knows his ground is worse than Cas's, even if he might be able to buy promotion, that eventuality has now been taken away because results alone won't get him to SL. Thats the only reason he is salty. The recommendations just say "get better" to me. If Wakey got sent down, according to the criteria set then there is nothing we could do apart from cop it and move on. What that does though is focuses the powers that be to push push on things like community, academy, and the fact that relegation is removed means that the focus can be longer term and not year to year, retired Aussie to retired Aussie.

Simply buying your way to SL and going down the year after is not sustainable, and is so old hat. And I think it's not a great product. CAT A clubs don't have immunity - per ce - as soon as standard drop that categorisation would be up for review. Flip side is that CAT C and B clubs will also be up for review. See it for what it is, which is not a Hetherington and Lenagan show, and also spare a thought for Rugby Union. There's an example of what buying success does for you.

Just my 2c
No
Team
Selected
Faxlore
Member for 9 years
Cheeky half-back

User avatar


Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 am
Posts: 826
Re: Back to licensing : Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:27 am  
Totally agree with Lup 94 and Backseatcaoch. But it is all about money. All of the championship clubs and league 1 clubs and I would say at least half SL clubs have very small income stream and work on very very tight budgets just to keep going. We are then told they new proposals come along and say our proposals are here to make all these teams better. No they are telling us spend more money, which we don’t have. IMG demanding improvements doesn’t make people start chucking money at Rugby League clubs. It makes them more cautious. I’m not sure these proposals are good for the game

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:51 pm
Posts: 7176
Re: Back to licensing : Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:28 pm  
BackSeatCoach wrote:
Wakey fan in peace.

From a personal point of view, and bearing in mind many of my kindred had actually resolved ourselves with being in the Championship next year, I would like to think we have a balanced view on the IMG recommendations. We won't be CAT A, but likely a CAT B, which Halifax could also be with some improvements. And the best CAT B clubs will be in SL. I get that it sounds like the door has been closed for Championship clubs to get to Super League, but in all honesty how many champ clubs get to Super League and stay there anyway? The Keighley chairman has just done his nut about this only because he knows his ground is worse than Cas's, even if he might be able to buy promotion, that eventuality has now been taken away because results alone won't get him to SL. Thats the only reason he is salty. The recommendations just say "get better" to me. If Wakey got sent down, according to the criteria set then there is nothing we could do apart from cop it and move on. What that does though is focuses the powers that be to push push on things like community, academy, and the fact that relegation is removed means that the focus can be longer term and not year to year, retired Aussie to retired Aussie.

Simply buying your way to SL and going down the year after is not sustainable, and is so old hat. And I think it's not a great product. CAT A clubs don't have immunity - per ce - as soon as standard drop that categorisation would be up for review. Flip side is that CAT C and B clubs will also be up for review. See it for what it is, which is not a Hetherington and Lenagan show, and also spare a thought for Rugby Union. There's an example of what buying success does for you.

Just my 2c


You are wrong.The story goes back to the 1990's involving Keighley Cougars - which also involved a friend of Wakefield Trinity - now the much admired Sir Rodney Walker.
However,the past has been put behind the O'Neill family,and the statement has been made for the good of the sport.

This covers a little of the 1990's - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JDiodo9eJdw
BackSeatCoach wrote:
Wakey fan in peace.

From a personal point of view, and bearing in mind many of my kindred had actually resolved ourselves with being in the Championship next year, I would like to think we have a balanced view on the IMG recommendations. We won't be CAT A, but likely a CAT B, which Halifax could also be with some improvements. And the best CAT B clubs will be in SL. I get that it sounds like the door has been closed for Championship clubs to get to Super League, but in all honesty how many champ clubs get to Super League and stay there anyway? The Keighley chairman has just done his nut about this only because he knows his ground is worse than Cas's, even if he might be able to buy promotion, that eventuality has now been taken away because results alone won't get him to SL. Thats the only reason he is salty. The recommendations just say "get better" to me. If Wakey got sent down, according to the criteria set then there is nothing we could do apart from cop it and move on. What that does though is focuses the powers that be to push push on things like community, academy, and the fact that relegation is removed means that the focus can be longer term and not year to year, retired Aussie to retired Aussie.

Simply buying your way to SL and going down the year after is not sustainable, and is so old hat. And I think it's not a great product. CAT A clubs don't have immunity - per ce - as soon as standard drop that categorisation would be up for review. Flip side is that CAT C and B clubs will also be up for review. See it for what it is, which is not a Hetherington and Lenagan show, and also spare a thought for Rugby Union. There's an example of what buying success does for you.

Just my 2c


You are wrong.The story goes back to the 1990's involving Keighley Cougars - which also involved a friend of Wakefield Trinity - now the much admired Sir Rodney Walker.
However,the past has been put behind the O'Neill family,and the statement has been made for the good of the sport.

This covers a little of the 1990's - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JDiodo9eJdw
No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.
Greg Florimos Boots
Member for 18 years
Silver RLFANS Member

User avatar


Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 am
Posts: 8849
Re: Back to licensing : Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:32 am  
If we were to say just about all Championship teams are Cat C clubs the only real difference between Cat B and C is the SL funding money so to me it really does not go any way to solving a problem. Even if some teams are Cat B in the Championship, I imagine off the top of my head Fax, Fev, York, Batley, Widnes will be, the Cat B clubs in SL still have so much of an advantage over those teams becuase of the funding. If changes were made to the funding split then I would think it would be a good idea I just don't see it at the moment.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein


"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein


"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 64 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Halifax Panthers


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
25m
Game - Song Titles 20212
chissitt
18112
27m
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Snowy
34
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
2m
Announcements
orangeman
98
2m
Shaw and Croft
The Avenger
114
2m
Captain 2023
Trebor1
18
3m
Rumours and signings v9
Cruncher
24932
3m
Transfer talk
Pyrah123
717
4m
Shares for sale in Trinity
PopTart
95
4m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Manheim
2324
5m
Stadium and other issues
Dunkirk Spir
600
5m
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Snowy
34
5m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
Jack Burton
4348
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
TODAY
The annual how will 2022/23 SL finish the regular season
Smiffy27
3
TODAY
Kits for 2023
Septimius Se
1
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
TODAY
We Are Moving to the East Stand
Deadcowboys1
9
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
TODAY
Jacob Hookem
steadygetyer
1
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
6514
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
2516
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
3391
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
2139
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
2215
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
2658
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
5039
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2508
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
3108
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
3010
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2969
England Top Group A With Big W..
2659
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
3709
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3717
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
3032
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.4Million 986 ↑1379,3239,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
There are currently no matches to display.
Matches on TV
Thu 16th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Leeds
Fri 17th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Salford
Sat 18th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Hull KR-Wigan
WCC2023
07:00
Penrith-St.Helens
Thu 23rd Feb
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Hull KR
Fri 24th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leeds-Hull FC
Sun 26th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Castleford-St.Helens
Thu 2nd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Salford
Fri 3rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
St.Helens-Leeds
Thu 9th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Wigan-Catalans
Fri 10th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Thu 16th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Castleford-Leeds
Thu 23rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-St.Helens
Sat 25th Mar
SL-M
13:00
Leeds-Castleford
Thu 30th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Wigan
Sat 1st Apr
SL-M
13:00
Warrington-Hull FC
Thu 6th Apr
SL-M
20:00
Castleford-Wakefield
Fri 7th Apr
SL-M
12:30
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL-M
15:00
Wigan-St.Helens
Thu 13th Apr
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Castleford
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Huddersfield 0 0 0 0 0
Leigh 0 0 0 0 0
St.Helens 0 0 0 0 0
Castleford 0 0 0 0 0
Wakefield 0 0 0 0 0
Leeds 0 0 0 0 0
 
Hull KR 0 0 0 0 0
Warrington 0 0 0 0 0
Salford 0 0 0 0 0
Wigan 0 0 0 0 0
Hull FC 0 0 0 0 0
Catalans 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
25m
Game - Song Titles 20212
chissitt
18112
27m
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Snowy
34
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
2m
Announcements
orangeman
98
2m
Shaw and Croft
The Avenger
114
2m
Captain 2023
Trebor1
18
3m
Rumours and signings v9
Cruncher
24932
3m
Transfer talk
Pyrah123
717
4m
Shares for sale in Trinity
PopTart
95
4m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Manheim
2324
5m
Stadium and other issues
Dunkirk Spir
600
5m
Blake and Nene left whos incoming
Snowy
34
5m
The ONLY LUFC Football Thread
Jack Burton
4348
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
TODAY
The annual how will 2022/23 SL finish the regular season
Smiffy27
3
TODAY
Kits for 2023
Septimius Se
1
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
TODAY
We Are Moving to the East Stand
Deadcowboys1
9
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
TODAY
Jacob Hookem
steadygetyer
1
TODAY
Seen in last weeks League Express
glee
1
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
6514
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
2516
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
3391
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
2139
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
2215
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
2658
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
5039
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
2508
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
3108
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
3010
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2969
England Top Group A With Big W..
2659
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
3709
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3717
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
3032


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!