FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Some news would be nice
Re: Some news would be nice : Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:19 pm  
Listenup94 wrote:
Not sure tbh , the only thing I will say is as this current squad stands it doesn’t look more expensive than last year up to now and both Grayson and durgan said the squad would have more funds available separate from the clubs normal revenue and that’s why the consortium was brought in , but who knows .

We have made some decent signings but I feel we need some big name signing (as long as they are fully committed to the Panthers) to create some head lines. Other clubs seem to be in the lime light again with their signings being given press time.

However saying that if we sign several guys and it goes unreported yet the squad and full team, staff at the club go on the be dominate team in the league I’ll be happy with that.
Re: Some news would be nice : Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:23 pm  
Ilkley Fax wrote:
Out - Gwaze,Morris, Knowles,Aston, Worthington, Barber,and Garside - Ins Doro, Maher, Inman, Forster,King and poss Rawsthorne. 2 of the incoming are complete unknowns who may turn put to be great signings, Rawsthorne was very underwhelming last time. So without wanting to be negative, while we have 3 what look to be excellent signings on balance don't think this years squad has the same depth of quality as last year especially at half back where sods law almost guarantees one of halves will get injured.Needless to say I'll be delighted to be proved wrong


I agree with you , although I will wait and see when the squad is finalised. I think if they hadn’t mentioned challenging for promotion this season I wouldn’t have minded this squad and looks like a playoff squad similar to last year . Let’s see if there’s anymore quality coming in .
Re: Some news would be nice : Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:33 pm  
The World Cup finishes this weekend, let’s see what happens from there. Maybe the the flying wheelchair Rob Hawkins. Will get game time !
Re: Some news would be nice : Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:47 am  
In my opinion the squad looks stronger so far than last season and if we can sign at least one good centre we won't be far off. Our pack looks better than last year and we know how good our 1,6,7,9 combos are its just out wide where we look a little light. Regards the half back situation I am assuming with Moore and Wood still on the books that Inman has been brought in to fill the Corey Aston role of someone who can cover in the halves and at hooker and at a push Wood can slot in to the halves so I don't see us making any more moves in that area. Our team does not look like it will be far off this season and given its looking like Toulouse won't be as strong as Leigh it could be a real scramble to get that promotion spot and we might be somewhere near.
Re: Some news would be nice : Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:04 pm  
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
In my opinion the squad looks stronger so far than last season and if we can sign at least one good centre we won't be far off. Our pack looks better than last year and we know how good our 1,6,7,9 combos are its just out wide where we look a little light. Regards the half back situation I am assuming with Moore and Wood still on the books that Inman has been brought in to fill the Corey Aston role of someone who can cover in the halves and at hooker and at a push Wood can slot in to the halves so I don't see us making any more moves in that area. Our team does not look like it will be far off this season and given its looking like Toulouse won't be as strong as Leigh it could be a real scramble to get that promotion spot and we might be somewhere near.


I agree the pack is better , how much better remains to be seen, I also agree that our spine is good however I don’t see inman as a half replacement for Aston. Grix said in his signing video that Moore , wood and inman would be competing for the nine/fourteen spot , he also mentioned in the previous year that it was difficult running with just two halves in Robinson and Harris , I agree wood possibly inman can fill in if necessary but I’m expecting/ hopeful of another half , personally I think we need someone who can play fb or centre like maizen or aitkens another half , maybe a loanee like sinfield or Riley dean and another second row . Maybe wishful thinking but that’s what I think we need to be genuine title contenders.

P.S Grix also mentioned in his preseason video that running certain tactical plays without his halves jouffret/ Keyes was difficult so I don’t see either wood or inman in them roles in the long term.
Re: Some news would be nice : Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:27 pm  
Listenup94 wrote:
Complete and utter speculation but rumour and news has been vociferously boring of late . Jake maizon ( Italy wing/centre) started following fax on instagram recently , let’s hope king or walmsey has had a word in his ear . Need another back to replace worthington, has anybody else heard anything?


Boom ! Now this is a signing and a half , this kid is quick and powerful.

https://twitter.com/thegamecaller/statu ... r2DBYITjHw
Listenup94 wrote:
Complete and utter speculation but rumour and news has been vociferously boring of late . Jake maizon ( Italy wing/centre) started following fax on instagram recently , let’s hope king or walmsey has had a word in his ear . Need another back to replace worthington, has anybody else heard anything?


Boom ! Now this is a signing and a half , this kid is quick and powerful.

https://twitter.com/thegamecaller/statu ... r2DBYITjHw
Re: Some news would be nice : Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:06 pm  
Listenup94 wrote:
Boom ! Now this is a signing and a half , this kid is quick and powerful.

https://twitter.com/thegamecaller/statu ... r2DBYITjHw

I agree with everything you say about the need for a third halfback. And hopefully mick is right for once about this signing.
Listenup94 wrote:
Boom ! Now this is a signing and a half , this kid is quick and powerful.

https://twitter.com/thegamecaller/statu ... r2DBYITjHw

I agree with everything you say about the need for a third halfback. And hopefully mick is right for once about this signing.
Re: Some news would be nice : Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:05 pm  
I'd be happy to go with Inman/JWH/Wood as hb cover and get another prop.
Re: Some news would be nice : Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:48 pm  
Beaujangles wrote:
I'd be happy to go with Inman/JWH/Wood as hb cover and get another prop.


I’d prefer another second rower , the nature of the game means they tend to receive more bans , I think gee , kav , barber we’re all banned after the York game for late hits , garside had a couple .Need plenty of choice in that department. Think we have 5 at the moment.
Re: Some news would be nice : Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:31 pm  
Listenup94 wrote:
I’d prefer another second rower , the nature of the game means they tend to receive more bans , I think gee , kav , barber we’re all banned after the York game for late hits , garside had a couple .Need plenty of choice in that department. Think we have 5 at the moment.

That York game was a one off, where once again Fax were the victims. I don't think we'll see that scenario ever again, i do get your gist though.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 78 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Halifax Panthers