FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
 Current LIVE TV Match : Leigh Leopards - Wigan Warriors LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Latest
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Some news would be nice
Re: Some news would be nice : Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:10 am  
After what happened with Titus I would have preferred Eribe on a 2 year deal as he does look as though he will make an impact, lets hope he does whilst he's here and we can keep him.
Re: Some news would be nice : Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:34 am  
So with eribe doro signing we appear to have a good mix in our pack , with Murray being in the championship team of the year calcott coming to the boil the back end of last season and Maher and doro signed we look very good in the prop department, throw in tangata , larroyer and fairbank into the mix we look strong there . Second row will probably be gee and Kavanagh with the rumoured ryan king battling for places , there’s also the young Forster and hopefully an improved matured Oakley to select from . Due to the new stricter rules on late hits 2nd rowers seem to bare the brunt of bans so I hope we add another to cover for bans , last year we had kav , barber , gee , Knowles , Oakley , garside , so hopefully we have one more to add to the selection.
Re: Some news would be nice : Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:22 pm  
faxcar wrote:
After what happened with Titus I would have preferred Eribe on a 2 year deal as he does look as though he will make an impact, lets hope he does whilst he's here and we can keep him.

Hearing him speak,he believes he''ll only be out of S/L one season,so we've done well to get him at all.
Don't know the detail behind Ritson to St Helens but appears the second year contract isn't going to be worth much to Barrow anyway.
Re: Some news would be nice : Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:45 pm  
Beaujangles wrote:
Hearing him speak,he believes he''ll only be out of S/L one season,so we've done well to get him at all.
Don't know the detail behind Ritson to St Helens but appears the second year contract isn't going to be worth much to Barrow anyway.

Yes that's how I read it with Eribe, it was more his choice than ours and can understand his ambition to be in SL.
Bit of a catch 22 involved in these cases, if he rocks out he likely moves out.
Regards to Ritson it will depend on what the terms of his original contract were, eg if there was a release clause should a SL club come calling and any fees involved or not.
Re: Some news would be nice : Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:40 pm  
Welcome Eribe doro this is a good signing for me a all action type of prop. Like as been said the only downside is him only signing for 1 season but it is what it is and hopefully he can have a very good year for us and then sign a longer term deal.
Re: Some news would be nice : Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:05 pm  
faxcar wrote:
Yes that's how I read it with Eribe, it was more his choice than ours and can understand his ambition to be in SL.
Bit of a catch 22 involved in these cases, if he rocks out he likely moves out.
Regards to Ritson it will depend on what the terms of his original contract were, eg if there was a release clause should a SL club come calling and any fees involved or not.


https://www.facebook.com/groups/9083064 ... 173599996/
faxcar wrote:
Yes that's how I read it with Eribe, it was more his choice than ours and can understand his ambition to be in SL.
Bit of a catch 22 involved in these cases, if he rocks out he likely moves out.
Regards to Ritson it will depend on what the terms of his original contract were, eg if there was a release clause should a SL club come calling and any fees involved or not.


https://www.facebook.com/groups/9083064 ... 173599996/
Re: Some news would be nice : Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:47 pm  
Ornery Optimist wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9083064995/permalink/10151708173599996/

Looks like both clubs and the player have handled the contract situation with a great deal of professionalism and honesty so credit to everyone concerned.
Re: Some news would be nice : Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:52 pm  
First game looks likely to be a very decent challenge, Sheffield have some impressive additions to what was already an OK squad in Oliver Roberts, Jesse Sene Laffao plus a motivated Cory Aston and Titus from Halifax. I would hope we've still a couple of new signings to announce plus confirmation that remainder of last seasons squad are staying- but being a bit nervous about how we often start a season would have preferred someone like Bulls first up who once again look to be in a bit of a mess.
Re: Some news would be nice : Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:53 pm  
Bit dissapoitned in the off season this year no standouts to get excited about, other clubs makign big signings. We have not done much compared to last year with the videos it seems a poor do going in to the 150th year with nothing to get excited about
Re: Some news would be nice : Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:42 pm  
hooligan27 wrote:
Bit dissapoitned in the off season this year no standouts to get excited about, other clubs makign big signings. We have not done much compared to last year with the videos it seems a poor do going in to the 150th year with nothing to get excited about

I think we should be excited about our 150th year!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4everfax, blueandwhite, faxcar, Ilkley Fax, Listenup94, Silver Bullitt and 128 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Halifax Panthers