JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 20222 years231st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Nov 22 10:2329th Oct 22 19:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Met this girl on Monday, took her for a drink on Tuesday, we were making love on Wednesday, on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Fax on Sunday.

Thrum Thrum Thrum Hallers!

Re: Jordon Lilley : Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:28 am  
faxcar wrote:
Yep as I posted going with just 2 halves would be risking it and SG knows full well the benefits of having players with the utility value.
Kyle has been a bit or maybe more than a bit underwhelming imho and wouldn't be surprised if an agreement could be reached for him to move on if we could find a replacement.
On the other hand if Kyle stays and if we are left with just JK and LJ, KW could cover the 7 spot as well as 9 certainly for a short term injury.

Regarding the 6,7 and 9 options I was hoping that we could have got Tom Holmes which obviously hasn't happened.

The main obstacle and lack of logic to signing Lilley as a third choice half is the amount of money he is reportably on at Bradford and I can't see us wanting to match that or him take a pay cut.
Just have to wait and see.

Only got one year at Bradford left on is contract and fax have offered a 3 year deal he is looking to expand his gym business so has other things to think about.
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201013 years76th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:0925th Jan 24 22:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Jordon Lilley : Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:41 am  
Hudd-Shay wrote:
Part quote. Now then I think you must have misread me somewhere although I don't know where. As I understand it, Aston is going back to Sheffield and that is something I would be quite o.k. with. end part

Here it is Hudds.

faxcar wrote:
Yep as could the Cory Aston back to Eagles with Holmes moving to Bulls and Thacks not getting any younger they will be looking to recruit in the halves.
Still speculation but some logic behind it, just wait and see.

To which you replied.
Codswallop!
Which I presume with Holmes to Bradford being a done deal must have been about Cory going back to Sheffield as Codswallop but now as you stated above you understand he is going back :? :? :? :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9330
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 200519 years53rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:1828th Mar 24 08:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Re: Jordon Lilley : Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:56 am  
Listenup94 wrote:
If Kyle wood is moving on I wouldn’t be massively disappointed as he’s been ok but not set the world alight ( played better in recent games) I’d love to have bourouh back , he hasn’t featured much for Salford ( not sure on his injury status ) and he provided quality impact from the bench both in attack and defence, obviously local too . I’m sure a lot of the recruitment is down to funds etc which I’m not sure where we are at after the fans forum at the shay seemed to imply we weren’t quite hitting the mark attendance wise which may have an effect on recruitment quality. This leads me on to my next question to you greg florimos boots , me and my old man were chatting about a previous post you put up a while ago to do with a consortium that wanted to get involved with the club , there was some dialogue between Lawrence turner and someone in the crowd at the fans forum ( think the 2019/20 one before the rebrand) just wondered if you knew anything about it and if it was in anyway related to the recent new shareholders cc holdings ltd .

Agree about Bourough, I would love to see him back, reminds me very much of Paul Rowley so in that sense he couldn't be in a much better place to learn from a top quality hooker but Id have him back in a flash. On the consortium, I would be very surprised if it were the same people. I know one of them used to post on here quite a bit a while back so maybe he could shed some light on it. I had a look at companies house after your post but the shareholders and trying to work out who owns what is quite cloudy. I believe LT is one of the majority owners and was asking people to buy him out which I found a little bit funny as I believe he got gifted a lot of his shares by Jennifer Pearson.
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201013 years76th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Jordon Lilley : Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:03 am  
Craig_David wrote:
Only got one year at Bradford left on is contract and fax have offered a 3 year deal he is looking to expand his gym business so has other things to think about.

Yep as far as Lilley personally is concerned he has a one year left on his current Bradford contract and you can see why for business reasons he would want to stay local.

From a Fax perspective they won't be too interested in his gym business, for every signing it's all about improving on what you currently have and doing a job on the pitch and there are questions marks against him on doing that imho.

The biggest question against the proposed Fax deal you mention is Fax never offer 3 year deals (which would tie up a significant amount of funding) at a time when there is still a lot of uncertainty about the structure of the game and financial distributions especially to a player that will have to prove himself and play well beyond his current form and performance levels and is very likely to be behind JK and LJ and be a third choice sit at home or loanee.

Another point is when I used to have a bit of insider information Fax had a policy of keeping it in house, externally they couldn't stop it but internally they didn't like, condone or sanction leaks, they wanted to be the ones who broke the news at strategic times during the close season to generate interest .

So can I ask is the person / persons who you are getting it from happy with this, do the club know about it and are they happy with it?
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player947No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 04 20204 years78th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:4828th Mar 24 08:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Jordon Lilley : Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:16 am  
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
Agree about Bourough, I would love to see him back, reminds me very much of Paul Rowley so in that sense he couldn't be in a much better place to learn from a top quality hooker but Id have him back in a flash. On the consortium, I would be very surprised if it were the same people. I know one of them used to post on here quite a bit a while back so maybe he could shed some light on it. I had a look at companies house after your post but the shareholders and trying to work out who owns what is quite cloudy. I believe LT is one of the majority owners and was asking people to buy him out which I found a little bit funny as I believe he got gifted a lot of his shares by Jennifer Pearson.

Cheers , I don’t want to over speculate and heard some grumblings from the board regarding this but it is on public record so here goes , on the Halifax rlfc confirmation statement it shows dated 08/04/2022 it shows a new shareholder cc holdings who have 75000 shares ( the 2nd largest shareholders behind Michael steel) cc holdings is part owned by one of our sponsors, Deliveree who have recently come on board . The recent fans forum confused me as it almost felt like we weren’t flush , it made me think how much physical investment the likes of especially Deliveree and to a lesser extent stage freight, eclipse energy had considering our current squad wouldn’t come cheap .
I even speculated that the sudden arrival of our resident oracle Craig David may be distantly affiliated with these guys who at a guess fit the same age demographic. Anyway just thinking out loud I guess .
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201013 years76th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Jordon Lilley : Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:25 am  
Listenup94 wrote:
Cheers , I don’t want to over speculate and heard some grumblings from the board regarding this but it is on public record so here goes , on the Halifax rlfc confirmation statement it shows dated 08/04/2022 it shows a new shareholder cc holdings who have 75000 shares ( the 2nd largest shareholders behind Michael steel) cc holdings is part owned by one of our sponsors, Deliveree who have recently come on board . The recent fans forum confused me as it almost felt like we weren’t flush , it made me think how much physical investment the likes of especially Deliveree and to a lesser extent stage freight, eclipse energy had considering our current squad wouldn’t come cheap .
I even speculated that the sudden arrival of our resident oracle Craig David may be distantly affiliated with these guys who at a guess fit the same age demographic. Anyway just thinking out loud I guess .

And as you know apart from share holding and direct cash injections some of those you mentioned have (apparently) been (rumoured) to have provided all fully legal and above board work opportunities to some of the recent signings as part of the deal.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4626
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 05 201112 years103rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 22:4428th Mar 24 11:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.

Re: Jordon Lilley : Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:49 am  
faxcar wrote:
Here it is Hudds.

faxcar wrote:
Yep as could the Cory Aston back to Eagles with Holmes moving to Bulls and Thacks not getting any younger they will be looking to recruit in the halves.
Still speculation but some logic behind it, just wait and see.

To which you replied.
Codswallop!
Which I presume with Holmes to Bradford being a done deal must have been about Cory going back to Sheffield as Codswallop but now as you stated above you understand he is going back :? :? :? :lol:

To clarify. I thought you meant there was logic behind Lilley coming to Fax, that's where my codswallop comment was aimed. It would appear that we both are agreed that this should not and will not happen. To say this is a nothing thread it's done well though. :D
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 20222 years231st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Nov 22 10:2329th Oct 22 19:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Met this girl on Monday, took her for a drink on Tuesday, we were making love on Wednesday, on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Fax on Sunday.

Thrum Thrum Thrum Hallers!

Re: Jordon Lilley : Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:00 am  
faxcar wrote:
Yep as far as Lilley personally is concerned he has a one year left on his current Bradford contract and you can see why for business reasons he would want to stay local.

From a Fax perspective they won't be too interested in his gym business, for every signing it's all about improving on what you currently have and doing a job on the pitch and there are questions marks against him on doing that imho.

The biggest question against the proposed Fax deal you mention is Fax never offer 3 year deals (which would tie up a significant amount of funding) at a time when there is still a lot of uncertainty about the structure of the game and financial distributions especially to a player that will have to prove himself and play well beyond his current form and performance levels and is very likely to be behind JK and LJ and be a third choice sit at home or loanee.

Another point is when I used to have a bit of insider information Fax had a policy of keeping it in house, externally they couldn't stop it but internally they didn't like, condone or sanction leaks, they wanted to be the ones who broke the news at strategic times during the close season to generate interest .

So can I ask is the person / persons who you are getting it from happy with this, do the club know about it and are they happy with it?

I don’t no if they no I put it on here they havent said owt
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201013 years76th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Jordon Lilley : Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:02 am  
Hudd-Shay wrote:
To clarify. I thought you meant there was logic behind Lilley coming to Fax, that's where my codswallop comment was aimed. It would appear that we both are agreed that this should not and will not happen. To say this is a nothing thread it's done well though. :D

:thumb:
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201013 years76th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Jordon Lilley : Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:02 am