FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The New PM is........ Lis Truss
::Off-topic discussion.
Re: The New PM is........ Lis Truss : Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:42 am  
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza wrote:
A lot is being made about Liz Truss being the third female PM and they’ve all come from the conservatives.

It’s welcome news that the new PM is female and there should have been more plus there should have been female Labour leaders. However, let’s not think this is good news for womens rights. Truss plans on giving tax breaks to married parents making it harder for single parents (predominately women) and making it harder for people to split up in abusive relationships (victims are predominantly women). Clearly that also infringes on mens rights but it’s mainly women that will be effected. She’s made a women who opposes abortion in cases of rape and incest health secretary.


Fortunately abortion is a personal issue not a government directive - not a chance of change of the law here
Re: The New PM is........ Lis Truss : Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:50 am  
[Gareth] wrote:
Shes a Tory, so no change


Well this week she is but before that she was a anti monarchy Liberal Democrat. I wonder how her plan to bring back fracking, coal and North Sea oil production will go down with the new King.
Re: The New PM is........ Lis Truss : Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:50 am  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
Well this week she is but before that she was a anti monarchy Liberal Democrat.


Quite a flip flop
Re: The New PM is........ Lis Truss : Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:02 am  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
Well this week she is but before that she was a anti monarchy Liberal Democrat. I wonder how her plan to bring back fracking, coal and North Sea oil production will go down with the new King.


It's ok SP, there are 3 prime fracking sites in her constituency so, surely, it makes sense for these to go ahead before any others.
This will test her resolve and principles.

She already seems to be the puppet of the Tory right, just like BJ.

It should be an interesting first few months for her and with the current plan to help with energy bills not having been costed plus tax cuts, paid for by more borrowing, it's sure going to get interesting, especially if we slide into recession.
Re: The New PM is........ Lis Truss : Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:10 am  
wrencat1873 wrote:
It's ok SP, there are 3 prime fracking sites in her constituency so, surely, it makes sense for these to go ahead before any others.
This will test her resolve and principles.

She already seems to be the puppet of the Tory right, just like BJ.

It should be an interesting first few months for her and with the current plan to help with energy bills not having been costed plus tax cuts, paid for by more borrowing, it's sure going to get interesting, especially if we slide into recession.


At least with Johnson you knew what he was all about, a lying self serving Tory, because he was born into it and always moved in those circles. Truss was brought up by two socialists, was a Lib Dem activist, was a republican and campaigned to remain in the EU. She's far more dangerous.

On the issue of fracking it's interesting that BP (who donated £100K of Truss' £420k campaign budget) remain sceptical of it's merits. However, the lobbying company they are involved in (Crown Associates) pretty much wrote Truss' energy plan and pushed heavily for the reintroduction of fracking licences. It'll be interesting to see which companies get fracking licences (or rather which companies' subsidiaries get licences).
Re: The New PM is........ Lis Truss : Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:35 pm  
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza wrote:
At least with Johnson you knew what he was all about, a lying self serving Tory, because he was born into it and always moved in those circles. Truss was brought up by two socialists, was a Lib Dem activist, was a republican and campaigned to remain in the EU. She's far more dangerous.

On the issue of fracking it's interesting that BP (who donated £100K of Truss' £420k campaign budget) remain sceptical of it's merits. However, the lobbying company they are involved in (Crown Associates) pretty much wrote Truss' energy plan and pushed heavily for the reintroduction of fracking licences. It'll be interesting to see which companies get fracking licences (or rather which companies' subsidiaries get licences).


Did you just make that up ?
The £100k categorically wasn't donated by BP.
Re: The New PM is........ Lis Truss : Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:07 pm  
It was donated by the wife of a former BP executive.
Re: The New PM is........ Lis Truss : Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:10 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
It was donated by the wife of a former BP executive.


So just a complete untruth that was posted.
Why am i not surprised...........
Re: The New PM is........ Lis Truss : Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:17 pm  
TURFEDOUT wrote:
So just a complete untruth that was posted.
Why am i not surprised...........


I didn’t post anything, I was just answering your question, the answer to which you probably knew.
Re: The New PM is........ Lis Truss : Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:23 pm  
Scarlet Pimpernell wrote:
I didn’t post anything, I was just answering your question, the answer to which you probably knew.

I didn't say you did, but seen as you had the courtesy to post a reply to my question, i thought it only courteous to reply ( with the statement).
To be clear - i wasn't accusing you of the untruth posted.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 165 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to The Sin Bin